PDA

View Full Version : (ROTS "No Movie Spoilers") new game is the best !!!

Darth Chicken Head
05-02-2005, 06:18 PM
just got it last night and started playing this morning . game kick azz !! let you know when i finish it . later!:D

JetsAndHeels
05-02-2005, 07:18 PM
If you are referring to the ROTS game, my question for you is how did you get it early....know someone that works in a store, etc....
spill the beans.

Darth Chicken Head
05-03-2005, 11:19 AM
just beat it 10 mins ago !!!ani/vader is hard depending on how much you upgrade . fighting along side yoda is way cool !!:D that LITTLE GUY is fast ...damn fast !! in answer to your question ....piracy is not an allowed subject , my man . \btw , dont you know that pal games are released over seas 1st ?? we get them late in US .:frus: ..pm me for more info , i can teach you many things my young padawan :crazed:

BanthaPoodoo
05-03-2005, 01:39 PM
Looks like someones been visiting the newsies!!! LOL!!!

Darth Chicken Head
05-03-2005, 06:19 PM
word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monstermile
05-03-2005, 06:53 PM
You just got it and beat it already??? You have way too much time on your hands. :) I personally like to milk games out to get my moneys-worth.

Darth Chicken Head
05-04-2005, 06:26 AM
yeah , me too , but this game is way too short and too easy ! go figure !:D

bmgilk
05-04-2005, 06:36 PM
I just got mine today.My local video game store had them in today.I was surprised that they sold it to me today!!I can't wait to play it tonight:D !!!bmgilk

Darth Alex
05-05-2005, 01:11 AM
I picked up SW:ROTS for Xbox tonight at Walmart. If anyone is up and decides to get it at any of the NE Pennsylvania Walmarts, ask for it, they are still looking for case space in WIlkes-Barre and the clerk indicated that probably all the area Walmarts would actually have it on the floor in the morning.
Anyway, before I fall over from exhaustion(worked a double shift today at the ole' record store), the game is FANTASTIC. The footage of the (I'll be spoiler sensitive here for those wishing to not know before the film or before playing the game) film is fantastic-crisp, exciting, CGI blended in with live-action as perfectly as you'd expect by now. I made it past the 1st "stage" which leads to more film footage. About a half a minute of the General and he's very strange, very unusual. Grevious has a bizarre voice and walks like a sick monkey...anyway, the game play complements the film very well. Anakin and Obi-Wan has different styles and clearly, Obi-Wan is a bit...smoother. The moves you can finally perform with a saber are VERY detailed and responsive, blast blocks and force moves(grab, throw, etc...) are well thought out.
I thought this would be just like LOTR:TTT and while there are similarities, it's clear that with the Hayden/Ewan voices and Nick Gillard's saber input, this is a lever above that game.
So far, so great.
I don't buy a lot of video games and was actually thinking of getting rid of my Xbox to make way for Xbox Next in the late fall....this game was worth holding on to the console for. While it'll be great to play SW:Battlefront 2 when it comes out, this (ROTS) is clearly gonna occupy my time for a long while.
I post more as I make it through. I don't wanna come off as a plant glad-handling the game, but it's absolutely worth checking out. At 2 weeks before the film launch, the novelty of playing a unknown film is not lost on me...

BigBuck71
05-05-2005, 07:55 PM
I got my copy of the "ROTS" game today at my local EB Games. I had pre-ordered it Tuesday, after trading in some games for it. I also got a free poster of Anakin and Obi-Wan dueling on Mustafar, and I bought the strategy guide for the game too. I love the game! The graphics are just incredible! I've played up to the end of the 2nd level. I pretty much have spoiled the movie for myself already, but won't for others who don't want to know. I have the Action Replay device that allowed me to download a game save for the game on the X-Box. It has all the levels opened, along with all of the bonus levels too! The multiplayer lightsaber duels are great! I have dueled with most of the characters opened up, against the computer. Very cool. I love the force powers, special moves, and the ability to finally play as a major character in a Star Wars game! I had to stop playing because my hands hurt so much from "mashing down on the buttons so fast"! I highly recommend this game to every Star Wars fan out there. As they would say on that videogame review show on G4, "X Play" I give it a "5 out of 5!" Perfect score!:D

Darth Chicken Head
05-05-2005, 08:03 PM
sweet ,,,,have fun!!:D

sjd9299
05-06-2005, 01:10 PM
I just got mine last night. It is awesome. I could not stop playing it. It is full of spoilers though. The movie looks like it's going to be great. I will have to force myself to stop playing. I don't want to see anymore spoilers. It is full of actual movie clips that in my opinion give a lot away.

moulman
05-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Just rented a copy of the game for PS2 from Blockbuster-No need for me to buy it seeing as how you can get 7 days + 7 extra(no more late fees), and then its only a dollar if you return it in the next month after those 14 days....anyways, cant wait to play it...

Only if I could just find my damn memory card!!!! Cant I just leave the PS2 on when im not playing it so therers no need to save? Im sure ill find it eventually, but this would be my "quick fix"

BobaFett
06-03-2005, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I rented it too. No need to buy it, I beat it in less than 2 days. Still, I thought it was pretty damn good, but way too easy. Combat system is pretty good, and you can even fight as Yoda(one level).

Moulman, that would work but its not good for your PS2.