PDA

View Full Version : Sin City Figures

Val Da Car
05-03-2005, 08:00 PM
Is this line to obscure or just a "Mature" rated line?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Oh, it's definately a mature line and it's taken ALL my willpower not to buy both the B&W and Color sets. I did buy a B&W Marv and Hartigan and opened them both; they're both SUPERB. Good accessories and great likeness. Not much in the realm of poseability, but it is pretty much for collectors. We'll see how long/if my willpower to hold me back for much longer. :D

plasticfetish
05-07-2005, 04:11 AM
Picked up the color Marv tonight at Tower, and -- no big shocker -- yeah, it's great. (Why no Kevin figure?) I'm likely to go back for Hartigan now. They had two head versions of the Yellow Bast***, so I'm wondering if one is more rare than the other.

Great stuff from NECA!

plasticfetish
05-08-2005, 05:00 AM
For fun, some Marv pics...

Reefer Shark
05-08-2005, 11:41 AM
Sin City RULES!

I picked up the 18" Marv, and it is really great. I love it! I'm trying to hold off on buying the regular line, but it is hard... they look very nice. I've seen all variations except B&W Nancy at various Suncoasts (that's where I got the 18" Marv too).

btw: Nice pics PF!

arctangent
05-10-2005, 06:37 AM
just received my series one black and white set. love these figures. the black and white (and grey) works really well, so i'm not really interested in the colour versions. roll on series 2 and roll on june 3rd when sin city finally gets a uk release.

Ji'dai
02-24-2006, 12:07 PM
I saw a "Girls of Sin City" box set at Spencers today. It had color versions of Wendy, Shellie, Miho, Gail, and a resculpt of Nancy in her cowboy outfit.

Jayspawn
02-24-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm still not sure what the Exclusive version of Nancy is in the 'Girls' pack. It looks the same as the single version. maybe the face sculpt?

The line is defiantly for a mature audience.

Ji'dai
03-07-2006, 04:47 PM
I think they resculpted Nancy's face, but it doesn't look that great. Nice work on the body though. I thought NECA did a good job capturing Brittany Murphy's likeness.

Speaking of mature audiences... Death Row Marv, complete with vibrating electric chair and light up interchangeable head, is out now too. I saw it at Spencers Gifts along with the Sin City chick set.

arctangent
03-10-2006, 09:30 AM
i received my death row marv this week (they were rather late reaching britain) and he is superb. sculpting is very detailed, flashing lights and sound are good but he vibrates all over the shelf!

fanstastic!

plasticfetish
03-10-2006, 06:02 PM
Hey! How much is Death Row Marv retailing for at Spencers? (Might be needin' to look for that one)

Ji'dai
03-10-2006, 08:44 PM
I think Death Row Marv retails for $20 at Spencers, but I did see him on sale at the local Suncoast for half that.