PDA

View Full Version : Celebration DVD.....would you buy it?

Sentinel18725
05-03-2005, 11:51 PM
If a DVD of presentations, fan events, speakers, random "roving" reporters, panels, etc. was created, would you pick it up?

I think it would be a very interesting momento to see what you saw but also see the things that you couldn't get into see because of lines or only attending particular days.

stillakid
05-04-2005, 12:08 AM
Cool idea. I'd buy it. I'd even go as far as to suggest that those who bought tickets to the event itself should get it for free or for a discount.

2-1B
05-04-2005, 01:51 AM
I'd buy it and I wasn't even there. I love convention footage and all thay goofy stuff, I have a few DVDs with footage of Star Wars fans and the like. Fun stuff.

I would be surprised if LFL let them put out the "official" presentations but they should really consider this.

JEDIpartner
05-04-2005, 09:08 AM
I thnk that would be fun. I'm actually surprised that one hadn't been offered through the fan club before. You know?

Jayspawn
05-04-2005, 10:11 AM
Yeah, I'd pick one up. I like Stillakid's suggestion of offering a discount or for free to those who were actually there. Seeing all the presentations again would be great!

Kidhuman
05-04-2005, 10:28 AM
No, I wouldnt buy it. I already saw most of the releases and pics from the convention.

JetsAndHeels
05-04-2005, 10:54 AM
I'd buy it and I wasn't even there. I love convention footage and all thay goofy stuff, I have a few DVDs with footage of Star Wars fans and the like. Fun stuff.

I second that. Seeing the fans and the celebration would be great. I have some dvd footage of fans too. Definately a thrill to watch.

sith_killer_99
05-04-2005, 11:00 AM
I would have bought it if they'd have had copies for sale the morning of April 21st. That way I could have watched it while standing in line. ;) :D :crazed:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Yes, I had a wonderful time at the event, and since I didn't have a digicam with me like Ari, I have very few relevant captured memories on photo. In fact, most of the photos I took were of the bizarre get-ups and costumes of the fans who attended.

I also missed a few key events like the Lucas meeting, the musical and the one-man show. A DVD with highlights of these events would let me know what I missed and also bring back a warmth of memories, everytime I watch it.

Ji'dai
05-04-2005, 05:03 PM
Nah, I wouldn't buy it.

Now if it was one of those 'girls gone wild' dealios with scenes of all the rabid female fans flashing Uncle George during his appearances or scandalous dressing room footage showing all the Slave Leias and Padmes or even the Femtrooper I might be tempted...

Bacta Beast
05-04-2005, 06:45 PM
I agree with stillakid, but I wouldn't pay for it. I think those of us that stood in those God-forsaken lines have payed enough for "fan-club" related mechandise for a freakin' lifetime! It's time they give a little back!

moulman
05-04-2005, 07:11 PM
of course i wouldnt buy it...what would be on it? Footage of people standing in line for various things? I dont wanna be reminded of how bad they were...