PDA

View Full Version : ROTS Target star case recalled?

Kidhuman
05-04-2005, 12:32 PM
Over at another site, someone went to purchase the star cases at Target and was told they were recalled (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1161665&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#1161665)

Any one else have this issue?

ronhudy
05-04-2005, 01:02 PM
Just called Hasbro Consumer Affairs Division. They said they have not issued a recall on them. Maybe they are simply doing an internal thing with Target where they are having them withdraw the current cases and refrain from selling them until they ship a corrected case. Recalls are generally for unsafe products and have to be filed with the US Dept. of Consumer Affairs. Hopefully, they're simply pulling the bad cases and replacing them with good ones...we'll see.

Kidhuman
05-06-2005, 01:24 AM
Well, looks like reports were correct...

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=31375

DarthQuack
05-06-2005, 01:25 AM
Another dumb**s move.....

jaxx
05-06-2005, 10:20 AM
OK... so I called Hasbro yesterday, May 5, and they said that they have NOT issued a recall yet. The lady that I spoke to said that they probably won't issue a recall on the items, but if I wanted to send it directly back to Hasbro, they'd replace it with another "5 pack." This would obviously be useless because they have not, and, as far as their knowledge over at Hasbro, will not correct this problem. They said that they simply haven't had enough complaints yet. SO COME ON PEOPLE, CALL HASBRO'S CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE (800-327-8264) AND COMPLAIN YOUR A**ES OFF!!!!!! We need this problem remedied, and Hasbro's not reading the forums (of course)... so let's fill them in!
Target is having the items ring up as "recalled by manufacturer" because they are trying to stop the sale of the product before the street date hits. At least that's what the Hasbro rep told me is a possibility. And it's been confirmed by a Target employee when I phoned them.

darth_robb
05-06-2005, 12:52 PM
As far as the collector cases go, they were not recalled due to them being put out before the street date. I work at a Target store and the Super Articulated Clone Trooper was also available before the supposed street date, but was sold already and there were no problems. In fact there was an e-mail telling employees that May 8 was not a street date for these products, just the revision date for when the labels would be up on the shelfs. The collector cases finally showed up at our store on Wednesday, but like was reported they could not be sold as the register stated it to be a recalled item. I don't understand how Hasbro could not be involved, because why would Target recall the item without any knowledge of problems with it. The only complaints about the cases have been made on the various collecting websites. After having read of people's problems trying to fit the figures in the case properly I decided to try them myself at work. I open the package up as the cases slide in and out of the packaging without any problem. I pulled a Revenge of the Sith figure of the pegs and fit it into the case and closed it and guess what? It fit exactly perfect. No bending of the card, no problem with the case not snapping shut. I was very happy about that, but not so happy to find out I could not purchase it due it being recalled. I e-mailed Hasbro in regards to the cases, but no answer. I guess we all have to go back to Star Cases in order to keep our figures protected. You would think Hasbro would come out with a full line of these and sell them through Star Wars Shop or their own site for all their Star Wars figure lines. Just my two cents.

jaxx
05-06-2005, 02:13 PM
[QUOTE=darth_robb] I pulled a Revenge of the Sith figure of the pegs and fit it into the case and closed it and guess what? It fit exactly perfect. No bending of the card, no problem with the case not snapping shut.QUOTE]

:sur: What did the cases look like? Were they the same cases from the "LAVA VADER" figure (with the little round peg hole at the top of the case http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=ROTS/rots05vaderlavaclamfr.jpg), or was the case like the the one from the "SA CLONE TROOPER" figure (with the j-peg style hook at the top of the case http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=ROTS/rots05clonetargetclamfr.jpg)? :confused:
The cases that I bought were similar to the ones that came w/ the "LAVA VADER", and are a bit too small for the card backs... about 1/8" to 1/16" too small. The very top of the card has to be compromised in order for it to fit in the case. (the "LAVA VADER" figure that I bought is screwed up at the top of its card... it's all bent up in order to fit in the case:mad: ) From all of the reports I've read, except Darth Robb's, people are having the same issue, with variations in their reports of the size discrepancies (I've heard that the cases are 2 centimeters too small in some instances... which I find hard to believe... apparently some people don't know just how big 2 centimeters really is:stupid: ).
Darth Robb, I think you lucked out on the size of the cases that you opened. Perhaps this isn't an "across the board" situation, but it seems like it's a problem with the majority of the cases bought. I'm still hoping that enough people inform Hasbro, and they can rectify the situation.

Sith Lord 0498
05-06-2005, 04:48 PM
According to Rebelscum, the cases are being destroyed at the Target distribution centers. I guess Hasbro is going to remake them the right size (if at all that is).

eshulmire
05-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Haw haw haw haw ! Target/Hasbro trying to rip us off again. Did the malcontents at Hasbro even try to put a figure in one of the cases? God and target we donít need that unfriendly bunch selling any more exclusive figurers.I will be glad when this is over already because trying to find exclusives at target is a nightmare. Why is it Wal-Mart has a ton of the early bird figurers and with toys r us at least you knew there was an issue. Toys r us at least told us when they were going to be in and were nice enough to let me use my recite from the midnight event to get a yoda when they came in. I hate target and all there crack head employees with a passion. I was there yesterday and two of them came out of the stock room with about 15 exclusive clone troopers and had the nerve to tell me they were selling them on eBay! When i asked for one they told me no. I even spoke to the manager turns out he is one of the two buying the figurers he said we stock at 8am every day. I was there at 7:55 am and there was not one clone trooper on the floor. I love star wars and i love my collection but target really makes my hobby very difficult and frustrating. I whish Wal-Mart did more exclusives. Target deserves what they get and i make it a point to call there guest relations and complain everyday just my way of saying hi to the dirty m***er ****ers! :frus:

You dont know the power of the dark side!

JoDoMa77
05-06-2005, 07:15 PM
It seems that for whatever reason, the cases hold some figures just fine, while others such as the TRU Yoda absolutely does not fit w/o damaging the card.

Fluke Skywalker
05-07-2005, 06:38 AM
I for one am not happy that old Hasbro and Target took a bath on these things. Guess who's gonna end up paying for their mistakes ---------> :( Us.

DarthChuckMc
05-07-2005, 10:05 AM
Haw haw haw haw ! Target/Hasbro trying to rip us off again. Did the malcontents at Hasbro even try to put a figure in one of the cases? God and target we donít need that unfriendly bunch selling any more exclusive figurers.I will be glad when this is over already because trying to find exclusives at target is a nightmare. Why is it Wal-Mart has a ton of the early bird figurers and with toys r us at least you knew there was an issue. Toys r us at least told us when they were going to be in and were nice enough to let me use my recite from the midnight event to get a yoda when they came in. I hate target and all there crack head employees with a passion. I was there yesterday and two of them came out of the stock room with about 15 exclusive clone troopers and had the nerve to tell me they were selling them on eBay! When i asked for one they told me no. I even spoke to the manager turns out he is one of the two buying the figurers he said we stock at 8am every day. I was there at 7:55 am and there was not one clone trooper on the floor. I love star wars and i love my collection but target really makes my hobby very difficult and frustrating. I whish Wal-Mart did more exclusives. Target deserves what they get and i make it a point to call there guest relations and complain everyday just my way of saying hi to the dirty m***er ****ers! :frus:

You dont know the power of the dark side!

I'm a Target employee, and have been a member of this site for years....and because of f***heads like you, and your crappy attitude, I've started posting news on other websites, and almost avoiding SSG.

The problem isn't with TARGET, it's with jackasses like YOU that think you DESERVE something all the time.

TARGET NEVER sent out a release saying "HEY EVERYBODY!! ON MAY 8TH WE ARE GOING TO BE SELLING AN EXCLUSIVE CLONETROOPER!! COME BY AND GET ONE!!!"

Because someone got a little nugget of info about the clone, all these SW fansites spread the news like wildfire, giving out the DPCI and telling people to hassle employees about it before "the scalpers get it first".

Target decided to just release it before the planogram set date (May 8th), which isn't a STREET DATE for the Clone, just when the aisle would reset, because SOOOOOO MANY stores were being hounded by impatient collectors going into panic mode, and ****ing off employees.

They basically said F*** IT, release it, but once it's gone, IT'S GONE.

The Collector Cases were a screw up on HASBROs part. TARGET was just trying to offer something to HELP collectors, but things turned out crappy.

Val Da Car
05-07-2005, 11:44 AM
DCMC,

I wish I could apologize for the dumb things said and idiots out there.

I guess I am lucky that the Targets near my house and work have nice, courteous ppl like you.

I have asked for items using DPCI numbers (rarely) and everyone has always been helpful because NICE MATTERS!

I am happy to spend my money in this order 1.)Target 2.) TRU 3.) WM.
since they always have items stocked when I go there.

I know how and when the stores near me stock and I buy because in my case I am an army builder, so hate me if you want I but when it comes down to brass tacks if I have something that another collector wants I will share and ppl that spend the time to complain about something and don't want to apply a positive solution get exactly what they deserve.

Or better yet just spend the $6 on the clone trooper and print a decal for it.

(see yakface.com)

just my $.02 and as always MTFBWF

darth_robb
05-07-2005, 04:16 PM
The cases were of the Lava Vader style not the Clonetrooper, but like I said previously the one figure that I did put in the case fit fine. Not to say that was the case with all of them. Unfortunatley it did not matter that it fit, because of the recall they couldn't be purchased anyway. As for the complaints about Target and their employees, some of it is valid and some of it isn't. The store I work at the Clone Trooprs were stocked over night and the pegs were full of them in the morning for anyone that came in when the store opened. I think they lasted about two or three hours before they finally sold out.

WesleySr
05-07-2005, 04:36 PM
The problem isn't with TARGET, it's with jackasses like YOU that think you DESERVE something all the time.

Actually the problem IS with Target. Now I am not trying to pi$$ you off, but you can't defend an entire company. You can only defend yourself. Target needs to limit these figures to 1 or 2 per customer. And the fact that the figures are being purchased by the employees before they make it to the shelves just makes it worse. eshulmire isn't the only person who has witnessed this, I have seen it myself. Employees buying exclusives is the reason I did not get a B-Wing at retail.

I went to Target a couple of days ago with the DCPI # and a very nice employee went to the back and brought out an entire case, he then allowed me to pick out one for myself and then I think he stocked the rest in the aisle.

I went to Target yesterday and found the #44 Destroyer Droid. I asked a different employee if they had anymore cases in the back because I was looking for the other three figures that were in the assortment with the DD. He said that he wasn't there during the morning, but if they would have come in then they would have been put out. I find that hard to believe considering that the shelves were almost full. Maybe they had some more that they could not put out due to not having room. Either way I wasn't gonna argue with him, because it was apparent by his tone that he was just too lazy to check.

Whereever you go there are always gonna be good employees and bad employees. The ones that are there because they like what they do, and they like being able to help people. And the ones that are there just to get a paycheck and will do as little as possible to make sure they get one.

evenflow
05-07-2005, 10:03 PM
I went up to the register with a set to buy and they wouldnt let me buy it becuase they were recalled. They said the reason was "becuase it had sharp edges". I just looked at the manager, rolled my eyes at the stupidity, and walked away.

Sith Lord 0498
05-07-2005, 10:23 PM
I went up to the register with a set to buy and they wouldnt let me buy it becuase they were recalled. They said the reason was "becuase it had sharp edges". I just looked at the manager, rolled my eyes at the stupidity, and walked away.

That's the part I don't get about some retail employees/managers. Apparently, they can sniff out a collector from five yards away, but they still feed us B.S. lines like this. They know they're lying. We know they're lying. They know that we know they're lying. Yet, they continue. Personally, I'd have more respect for the employee who says "These cases were made the wrong size. Hasbro wants them back. I'm sorry, but we can't sell them to you even if you don't care about the fitting problem." rather than some half-a**ed story.

Scackmgack
05-07-2005, 10:50 PM
I don't think it is fair to expect Target employees to know WHY these cases were recalled. There are hundreds of thousands of products in these stores - it isn't the job of their employees to know anything about any of them, save perhaps in the specialized departments like electronics, and even then the specific item-knowledge floor employees need is limited.

But I take serious issue with a customer service employee complaining about customers feeling like they deserve something all the time.

Yes, we do deserve something all the time - we deserve GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. If you don't have the temperment, patience, and skills to give god customer services, do yourself, your company, and your customers a favor and quit.

Customer service is a huge part of what I do for a living. I have to put up with idiotic questions, pushy people, arrogant a-holes, and everything in-between. My response to every one of them is precisely the same - courteous, professional, and efficient.

If a customer comes into a Target with a DCPI, check it. That is not "hassling." That is asking you to do your job. If you can't, quit. I am sure there is someone else more than willing to take the position from you.

If you have the request products in the back, bring them out. If there is a flag on the item such as a street date, just say so politely and explain that you cannot bring them out.

It's that simple. If you cannot do the job, don't hold the position. No, it is not cool when Star Wars collectors come in and give Target employees a problem - but anyone in customer service has to either expect this and be ready to deal with it properly or should not be in a customer service position. Period.

Unfortunately, when you work retail, most every position is a customer service position. It is the nature of the beast.

However, I will take the side of the person whose post I am responding to in one respect. I am very polite to the employees in the Target stores where I ask for assistance, and I ALWAYS get results. Treat the employees like people going out of their way to do you a favor and they will be more than happy to assist you. Do NOT treat them like "the help." If you do, you deserve not to be assisted, even though the employee ought to, anyway.

Respect is a two-way street. Pay respect to a person who does their job well. It encourages them to continue to do so.

Sith Lord 0498
05-07-2005, 11:15 PM
I don't think it is fair to expect Target employees to know WHY these cases were recalled. There are hundreds of thousands of products in these stores - it isn't the job of their employees to know anything about any of them, save perhaps in the specialized departments like electronics, and even then the specific item-knowledge floor employees need is limited.

I agree with you on this one actually, and allow me to amend my earlier statement. It's when the supervisors(those "in the know") give you B.S. stories. This has happened at my local Targets and Wal-Marts.

But I take serious issue with a customer service employee complaining about customers feeling like they deserve something all the time.

Yes, we do deserve something all the time - we deserve GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. If you don't have the temperment, patience, and skills to give god customer services, do yourself, your company, and your customers a favor and quit.

Customer service is a huge part of what I do for a living. I have to put up with idiotic questions, pushy people, arrogant a-holes, and everything in-between. My response to every one of them is precisely the same - courteous, professional, and efficient.

If a customer comes into a Target with a DCPI, check it. That is not "hassling." That is asking you to do your job. If you can't, quit. I am sure there is someone else more than willing to take the position from you.

If you have the request products in the back, bring them out. If there is a flag on the item such as a street date, just say so politely and explain that you cannot bring them out.

It's that simple. If you cannot do the job, don't hold the position. No, it is not cool when Star Wars collectors come in and give Target employees a problem - but anyone in customer service has to either expect this and be ready to deal with it properly or should not be in a customer service position. Period.

Unfortunately, when you work retail, most every position is a customer service position. It is the nature of the beast.

However, I will take the side of the person whose post I am responding to in one respect. I am very polite to the employees in the Target stores where I ask for assistance, and I ALWAYS get results. Treat the employees like people going out of their way to do you a favor and they will be more than happy to assist you. Do NOT treat them like "the help." If you do, you deserve not to be assisted, even though the employee ought to, anyway.

Respect is a two-way street. Pay respect to a person who does their job well. It encourages them to continue to do so.

That's the way it should be. Unfortunately, there are many out there who seem to think they have a crappy lot in life b/c they're not getting paid much so they are rude to the customers despite the customers' attitudes toward them (positive or negative). Don't get me wrong--there are plenty of kind, helpful retail employees out there. And I'm not just stereotyping retail employees. My wife and I both worked for Wal-Mart earlier in our lives, and we both knew many employees there who were just bitter, hated their jobs, and took it out on the customers.

To those employees, we should remind them that respect is a two-way street.

To those difficult customers, throw them in a sealed room with baseball bats and a single Target exclusive Clonetrooper and let nature sort out the aftermath. :p

DarthChuckMc
05-07-2005, 11:28 PM
True, I can't defend an ENTIRE company, but you guys can't slam TARGET as a whole because you have a few jerks working at the one closest to you.

REPORT these guys!!! Don't let them get away with it. If you have PROOF, not just made up stories, then go to the LOD and tell them. Call the District Office.

I'm the TOY TEAM LEAD, not GUEST SERVICE team member, but I DO believe in helping EVERY GUEST find what they need.

My problem is when guy number 4 comes in, and asks me to check the backroom, AGAIN, for HWs or figures #37-44, when I KNOW 100% WITHOUT A DOUBT that NOTHING is in the backroom, and they still stand there going "Come on man, it won't hurt for you to just check."

DUDE!!! I KNOW WHAT'S IN THE F***ING BACKROOM ALREADY!

That is the issue I have with SOME collectors at my store....and I'm SURE that other TOY TEAM LEADS face the SAME THING day in and day out.

Another note about Employees checking the backroom.....

Not EVERY person in the store is BACKROOM CERTIFIED. Because they are holding a PDT (handscanner) does NOT mean they can check the backroom. Some are only trained to use them to find items ON THE SALESFLOOR.

The reason for this is to avoid causing "Ghosts and Baffles" in our backroom inventory system.

Sometimes, when you guys check an item on the Scanners, using DPCIs, and it says "YES:Item has stockroom location", the item MAY NOT have a location, because someone that didn't know what they were doing, went in the back, pulled out the item, but didn't subtract it from the location, causing a "Ghost", and throwing off our counts on hand.

Your BEST BET, is to find out WHO the TOYS Teamleader is, and try and get to know him/her a little. They may not be cool enough to HOLD stuff back for you, but they ARE BR certified (supposed to be as a TL anyway), and that's always helpful....plus, occasinally, we get to see what's coming in a day or so in advance, and can give you a heads up.

Sith Lord 0498
05-08-2005, 02:20 AM
True, I can't defend an ENTIRE company, but you guys can't slam TARGET as a whole because you have a few jerks working at the one closest to you.

That's why I made sure I was very careful to avoid insinuating that all Target or Wal-Mart employees are this way. Back in the Emperor/McQuarrie Stormtrooper Saga days, I found many employees willing to help me out. But it seems like the jerks are starting to multiply rapidly.

My problem is when guy number 4 comes in, and asks me to check the backroom, AGAIN, for HWs or figures #37-44, when I KNOW 100% WITHOUT A DOUBT that NOTHING is in the backroom, and they still stand there going "Come on man, it won't hurt for you to just check."

DUDE!!! I KNOW WHAT'S IN THE F***ING BACKROOM ALREADY!

That is the issue I have with SOME collectors at my store....and I'm SURE that other TOY TEAM LEADS face the SAME THING day in and day out.

If that's what's going on, then the best thing for the employees to do is say "There have already been other collectors asking about those figures today. I've already checked for them. There's nothing in the backroom." Unless the customer is a totally a**, then the conversation is over, and no one holds any grudges/harsh feelings toward each other.

Another note about Employees checking the backroom.....

Not EVERY person in the store is BACKROOM CERTIFIED. Because they are holding a PDT (handscanner) does NOT mean they can check the backroom. Some are only trained to use them to find items ON THE SALESFLOOR.

The reason for this is to avoid causing "Ghosts and Baffles" in our backroom inventory system.

Sometimes, when you guys check an item on the Scanners, using DPCIs, and it says "YES:Item has stockroom location", the item MAY NOT have a location, because someone that didn't know what they were doing, went in the back, pulled out the item, but didn't subtract it from the location, causing a "Ghost", and throwing off our counts on hand.

Your BEST BET, is to find out WHO the TOYS Teamleader is, and try and get to know him/her a little. They may not be cool enough to HOLD stuff back for you, but they ARE BR certified (supposed to be as a TL anyway), and that's always helpful....plus, occasinally, we get to see what's coming in a day or so in advance, and can give you a heads up.

That's actually pretty interesting info. I always thought employees trained/certified to use the scanners were trained in pulling items from the backroom.

jaxx
05-09-2005, 12:13 PM
OK... the cases suck. They seem pretty much hit or miss with the "fitting" issue. Out of the 5 cases that I got, one of them actually holds a figure properly, but it is a VERY snug fit. The other four are useless.

Now...
Eshulmeir...
I was there yesterday and two of them came out of the stock room with about 15 exclusive clone troopers and had the nerve to tell me they were selling them on eBay! When i asked for one they told me no.
I feel you pain. I've had this happen on several occasions from employees at Target and TRU; however, they didn't admit to their desire to sell the items on Ebay... they simply said that they were buying the toys for themselves. I always thought that the product was for the public, and then, at the end of business, employees could grab what they want. Unfortunately, you have some employees that hide items throughout the stockroom for themselves. This sucks! Especially when you actually witness it.
Scackmgack...
I am very polite to the employees in the Target stores where I ask for assistance, and I ALWAYS get results. Treat the employees like people going out of their way to do you a favor and they will be more than happy to assist you. Do NOT treat them like "the help." If you do, you deserve not to be assisted, even though the employee ought to, anyway.
I agree that this SHOULD happen, and that kindness should breed kindness. Unfortunately, this isn't the case all of the time. You will still run into those employees who just don't give a rats a** about anything. What I find is that when I request the help of a "newer" or younger employee, I always seem to get some sort of attempt of help. When I ask an older employee, they always blow me off. No attempt to even simply say that that they aren't allowed to look. They simply say that what's out is out. I went to a Target last week sometime in the evening (sorry to offend anyone who loves/works at Target, but this isn't a knock at Target, just some of their employees), I asked an older gentleman who worked there for some assistance (he was just wandering up and down an aisle... he wasn't really doing anything), and he gave me the usual blow off, telling me that nothing's in stock, everything's out, yadda-yadda-yadda. The pegs were pretty empty down the aisle. It seemed to me that they needed to refresh their aisle, if they had items in the back. This was one of the rare times that I didn't simply leave and go somewhere else. I saw a younger employee that was stocking some shelves (he looked pretty busy), and asked him if he could help me. He was cool with that, and went into the stock room. When he came out, he told me that they had 7 cases of star wars 3 3/4" figures. He said that he couldn't bring them all out, but he could bring out a couple of cases to restock. So he did, and I got some newer figs (unfortunately, I haven't found 41 -44 yet). I was kind and courteous to both employees, and only got results from one of them... the busier one. The point??? Unfortunately, this isn't a perfect world, and kindness isn't always going to get you the same in return. That, of course, doesn't mean that you stop being courteous... you will eventually get someone who responds well to kindness to go that extra mile for you.
I deal with customer service on a daily basis as well. I am a trainer for a major, "Fortune 100" insurance company. One of the groups that I'm in charge of training is Customer Service. One of the major areas of focus with my training is empathy, and the willingness to help. When I go into a store, I can read an employee's willingness to help, and his/her ability to have some sort of empathy.
To the lazy employees out there: I understand that you may be at your wit's end because of all of the "bad" and rude collectors out there, but that's no excuse to treat all of your customers with disrespect. Treat every new customer as a new customer. Don't let the previous bad experience with the last customer influence your interaction with the new customer. You may think that you're being slick, and that no one will know that you're just plain lazy when you blow off a customer, but believe me... the customer always knows when their being blown off. We know that difference between getting blown off, and getting an honest answer. It has to do with how much empathy you have in your reply. I always tell my employees that every customer that phones in is an entirely new customer... not to treat them poorly just because they got off of the phone with a rude customer. You can't view all of your customers as the little, annoying, nagging type of collectors. And you can't treat them all with disrespect just because you had a bad encounter with a "bad" collector. A lot of us are just trying to get some help... which is what you're there for. In return, we as consumers can't treat or view all employees as lazy just because we had a bad encounter with a "bad" employee.
Darthchuckmc... WOW! You have a lot of anger and aggression in your "voice." With all of the Target haters in the forums at this particular time, this way of expressing yourself might not be the best choice. It certainly won't change peoples' views of Target and their employees.

because of f***heads like you, and your crappy attitude...

Just an opinion, but as a consumer... we do deserve something all of the time. Courtesy and good customer service is what we deserve. We don't expect you to pull figures magically out of your butts, but we do expect a little honesty and help.
OK, OK... so you might not be one of the "bad" employees, and you might get fed up with people bad mouthing Target (you have that right), but man you're harsh. With words like that, you do nothing but perpetuate and confirm the attitude that people feel Target employees have, on a whole. I don't think that anyone should be judged based on the actions of a few. So I think that you have a right to be a little upset, but, as I tell my employees, you can't let it bother you personally when people are complaining about the company or a situation. The consumer just wants to vent. They don't know you personally, and they aren't complaining about you personally, unless you deserve to be complained about. But when you retaliate, and treat the customer/individual on the phone (or in your case, in the forum) poorly, they do become angry at you and your company, and it does nothing to change their opinions/views of the company that they have a problem with. When you start bad mouthing and retaliating against forum members, then they get mad at you... only you. When you retaliate, and state that you work for Target... they get mad at you, and Target, and they say, "SEE!!! There's another example of a Target employee getting a bad attitude." Keep in mind, this isn't a knock toward you or Target, but it's an observation.

DarthChuckMc
05-09-2005, 12:54 PM
Sorry if I came off rude or completely like an a-hole.

MANY people on this board will tell you how I've helped them, both LOCALLY and everywhere else......Kidhuman, Sidiouly Darth??? Back me up here.

My point is that ALOT of people immediatley jump on the TARGET and all of it's employee SUCK, and I can't find a toy because they suck, etc.

It just ****es me off, that's all.

I am probably the ONLY Toy TL in the Orlando area that IS willing to go above and beyond, out of my way to help Collectors, or Guests at my Target in general.

If I KNOW something is in the back, I WILL get it....I even hover (a little too much probably) around the action figure aisles LOOKING to help people find stuff.

The thing that aggrivates me is the guys that come in screaming and complaining about never finding anything because "Employees must take it all." or "Would it KILL you to check again?"

Like I explained earlier, I don't just send people on their way because I'm TOO busy, but if I know NOTHING is in the backroom, and the guy(s) want to stand there pretty much badgering me to go look, then I get a little ticked.

I really didn't mean to sound like an ***, but some people, especially lately on Forums, are getting on my nerves with the complaining and whinning.

YES, we ARE there to help Guests, first and foremost, but if a Team Member says "We don't have anything in the back.", take their word for it.

If your particular store has one of the newer scanners, that allows you to type in DPCIs, or check for backroom locations, and it says "YES" to Backroom Locations, then BY ALL MEANS, ASK SOMEONE!! If you don't get the answer you're looking for, ASK SOMEONE ELSE.

Now, I'm not inciting a HASSLE EVERYONE IN THE STORE FOR STAR WARS TOYS plot, but DO ask to speak to a Team Lead or LOD.

.....and remember, TRY to be nice about it.....

dindae
05-09-2005, 04:28 PM
MANY people on this board will tell you how I've helped them, both LOCALLY and everywhere else......Kidhuman, Sidiouly Darth??? Back me up here.

I'll back you up here. If there is a Target exclusive DCM will gladly give us the lowdown. Not too long ago there was a thread where he went into great detail on how product goes from wharehouse to the shelves and where and how screw ups can occur. Ultimately anytime there is confusion about something at Target (exclusive, price hikes, sales etc) I know DCM will give the most accurate information available.

As far as customer service goes I hardly ever ask more help. If someone asks I may say what I'm looking for but most of the time I realize if its not there its not in stock. This has a lot to do with I usually don't have time to wait while someone goes to the back and check. The main reason is that most of the stockers (not managers) in the stores are teenagers, part timers, or people without much drive in life. These people are only concerned about doing there job well enough to not get fired and get a paycheck. So my expectations are low if and when I ask a question. This way I don't get upset when I ask at Wal-Mart last May when they where going to get new figures in and the girl stated probably not until X-mas. I knew the OTC was coming in a month or two and it would be all over the store so I just nodded and thanked her. But on the other side I know if I go into store and asking everyday for someone to go in the back room and complain about not pulling out figures or hassling the manager about a price on the shelf being lower the the ring up price (even though I know the ring up price is the correct price) the people who were willing to help me now are going to be less inclined to do so. I guess my point is if you are lucky enough to find someone at your local store like DMC let them know you appreciate their help because they are a rare breed maybe even write a nice letter to the regoinal office but don't wear them out by asking them for things contantly.

BlueSnags
05-09-2005, 11:11 PM
Hasbro On Target Cases
5/9/2005 12:41:19 PM | Reported by Mike
Hasbro officially clarifies the Target Collector Case recall last week. "Originally scheduled for release early May, we are reworking based on initial collector feedback, making adjustments to ensure every Star Wars: Episode III 3 3/4 inch action figure fits properly within each case. We will update fans on availability of this improved value 5-pack version when we have more information."

Looks like the cases are being redesigned and rereleased.

Hellboy
05-12-2005, 05:00 PM
Seeing as how these cases have now been recalled these might turn out to be one hot collectible. Not to sure why anybody would be interested in having cases that can't fit figures but there always seems to be people out there that will buy things based solely on the rarity of the item. It will be interesting to see if this happens. :Ponder: