PDA

View Full Version : What other Evolution Sets would you like to see?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-04-2005, 05:40 PM
The title pretty much says it all. As of this summer, we'll have Anakin to Vader, Clone to Stormtrooper, and Sith. If you're afraid of spoilers, look away (God, it'll be so good to stop saying that after 5-19!). I also want:

*Jedi: Qui-Gon Jinn with ignited lightsaber, lightsaber hilt, cloak, interchangeable torsos, A99 aquata breather (TPM), Mace Windu with ignited lightsaber, lightsaber hilt, cloak, Jedi testing screen (AOTC), Yoda with ignited lightsaber, lightsaber hilt, cloak, interchangeable hands (ROTS). All three should have cloth cloaks, but not bulky. Mace's needs to be large (his sleeves should almost hit the floor), but still fit him and not look dumb. It'd be the bee's knees if Qui-Gon could have interchangeable chests, with and without a hole. Yoda's interchangeable hands would be normal or to reflect/catch the force lightning, similar to how he did in AOTC. I suppose he could come with other stuff, but I haven't seen the movie yet so I don't know what.

*Padmé Amidala - Queen to Senator: purple traveling gown (TPM), senate gown from beginning of film (AOTC), pretty much anything from ROTS (ROTS, of course). This would be a great way to get a lot of Padmés at one time.

*Luke Skywalker - Rebel to Jedi: pilot jumpsuit with blaster, helmet (ANH), Bespin fatigues with ignited lightsaber, lightsaber hilt, removable hand, removable supply belt, jacket, interchangeable arms (ESB), Endor gear with ignited lightsaber, lightsaber hilt, poncho, helmet, binders (ROTJ). This would be a good opportunity for some super poseable, super detailed Lukes. The pilot one could really use some articulation and a better head sculpt, and while the Saga Bespin Luke was okay, we need a good one without a stupid action feature. I'd like to see one with a removable belt and jacket (done in a way such as, say, General Dodonna) where you take off his arms and put on/take off the jacket and switch the arms between bare and jacketed. I love the Saga Jabba's Palace Luke, but we need one without the vest, for Death Star scenes.

I'll list more later.

ROTJLuke
05-04-2005, 06:26 PM
Really...in response to your Luke evolutions....Id like to see one primarily for ROTJ Luke (thus the name :D ) Hasbro should take a look @ medicom's, because that one is sweet...but yea, if you dont know how I feel about Luke from ROTJ...look below, hah! Its good to be back!! :D :D

DarthWaffle
05-04-2005, 07:04 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a Palpatine. Senator to Sith lord or something like that. But I can't think of anything else offhand that hasn't really been named. Of corse (not to hasbro bash too much) knowing the way they take cool ideas and screw with them we'll probly get a set like Chewbacca from Ep.3 to 6!:rolleyes:

mabudonicus
05-04-2005, 07:18 PM
2-1B would be sweet, I think :beard:
one from ESB with the hose, one from ROTJ without, and one other SPOILERIFFIC one

But I digress....

It would be cool to have a Snaggletooth evolutions, where he'd be all different sizes and colours and stuff

and a Walrusman where he had flippers

Blackened88
05-04-2005, 08:32 PM
More clones!

Bacta Beast
05-04-2005, 08:52 PM
Evolution of Obi-Wan, Only I don't know for sure wich three I would choose. I definately want a decent sp EP I version. I'm sure they would want to end it with ANH version. In the middle, I would like a decent EP II version as there's still time for one good sp version from EP III to be released on it's own.

Then maybe a set for Luke. I think the VOTC one was good enough for the Tatooine garb, so he wouldn't be necessary. But, it would be a good chance to do a sp X-wing, or maybe a one in Stormtrooper armor. We definately need a new snowspeeder pilot version, and I would also like a better Bespin oufit. There's alot of Lukes that could be redone, but That what I would like.

Han, with a good Hoth outfit, and maybe Endor also.

Lando, Leia, C-3PO!!!!!!!! & PADME!!!!!!!!

Kidhuman
05-04-2005, 11:17 PM
Han -- Smuggler outfit, Hoth and Endor

Leia - ANH, Bespin, Boussh

Luke - Tatoonine, Dagobah, ROTJ Jedi

Kidhuman- 10 years old with vintage figure, 1995 with POTF2 figure and 2005 ROTS figure.

Palps - Senator, Holo SIdious, ROTJ Sidious

Fetts, Jango, SA young Boba, Boba Fett

Bounty Hunters - Zam, IG-88, Dengar(all SA)

darko666
05-05-2005, 01:15 AM
Uncle Owen/Aunt Beru:
Young(AOTC), Old(ANH), Burnt to a crisp(ANH)

Slicker
05-05-2005, 02:07 AM
I was thinking a Bounty Hunter set but with perhaps Jango, Greedo, and IG-88 or something like that to kinda show the "evolution" of the bounty hunter trade.

Or even an R2 Evolution. You could have a TPM, ANH, and a ROTJ. Just put the same fig in all 3 spots and there ya go.;)

Kidhuman
05-05-2005, 02:09 AM
Or even an R2 Evolution. You could have a TPM, ANH, and a ROTJ. Just put the same fig in all 3 spots and there ya go.;)

Just give him different accessories.

Fluke Skywalker
05-05-2005, 07:55 AM
I'm not excited about the 'Evolutions' because I dig the concept so much as it's cool to get some action feature free, articulated figures. Especially of Anakin, which they still haven't done right in the basic line, IMHO.

I was really impressed by all of these figures and I hope it's a sign of things to come from Hasbro.

ROTJLuke
05-05-2005, 08:03 AM
I agree with the statement made above. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come from hasbro.

mabudonicus
05-05-2005, 08:22 AM
Kidhuman- 10 years old with vintage figure, 1995 with POTF2 figure and 2005 ROTS figure.
LMAO good one sir, not content with being the "must-have" for 2004, eh??? (although I can see why the "Kidhuman w/ clearance Van Helsing action figure" could leave a guy wanting :beard:

AmanaMatt
05-05-2005, 09:52 AM
I would like to see all 4 color variations on the Clone trooper/Sandtrooper set....

Kidhuman
05-05-2005, 11:26 AM
LMAO good one sir, not content with being the "must-have" for 2004, eh??? (although I can see why the "Kidhuman w/ clearance Van Helsing action figure" could leave a guy wanting :beard:

Gotta have the "must have" Evolution set.

DarkArtist
05-05-2005, 12:00 PM
The only evoultion sets that I would buy would contain new versions of all the figures, not just one exclusive and 2 repacks.
Now that Hasbro is experimenting with switchable heads and hands perhaps they will now give us switchable outfits better weapons ????

Mandalorian Candidat
05-05-2005, 12:59 PM
Uncle Owen/Aunt Beru:
Young(AOTC), Old(ANH), Burnt to a crisp(ANH)

Freak! Too late to put the first smart-A remark in. :D

My contribution is Jar Jar:

Gungan Goofball, Senate Goofball, Naboo Chainsaw Massacre Goofball

Jmacq
05-06-2005, 08:59 AM
I really like some of the ideas here. A "Jedi Master" pack to counter the "Sith Lord" pack would be great, as mentioned above, and we -definitely- need a SA Qui-Gon, and a -good- SA Mace Windu (With robes, for crying out loud!). I can't say I'd be terribly excited to see another Yoda, but I doubt they'd put a 'secondary' character in the pack, so Yoda would have to be the third.

The Obi-Wan Evolution pack almost seems like a 'given'. I bet we'll see this in the next 'wave' of Evolution packs (assuming there -is- a second wave). It'll probably have Episode I Obi-Wan, Episode III Obi-Wan, and ANH Obi. I'd suspect Ep. III over Ep. II because RotS is definitely what they're 'marketing' now. But a superior Ep. II version would be just as good, really. Or if they were -really- smart, they'd just pop in some interchangeable lightsabers and heads and the 'middle' Obi-Wan could be -either- version.

This might dip into 'EU' territory, but a 'Bounty Hunter' pack with Aurra Sing, Jango, and Boba would be pretty cool, I think But Aurra's probably too obscure a character to warrant a SA 'super' version. Otherwise, the pack could just as easily be Jango, Boba (ESB), and Leia in Boussh disguise (since I'm presuming they want all three figures to be from different movies where possible).

Luke's almost a 'must have' too. I'd say Luke in Tatooine Gear (with a mess of accessories to do just about every variation thereof), SA Bespin Luke (With removable hand, and interchangable 'clean' and 'battle damaged' heads, blaster, and lightsaber (ignited and hilt)), and RotJ Endor/Death Star Luke (With helmet, poncho, lightsaber (ignited and hilt), and binders.

Han Solo: Tatooine/Death Star version (With stormtrooper utility belt, and blasters. Maybe interchangable hands (gloved and non-gloved) for the -really- detail oriented). He'd also be the only Evolutions figure with an action feature: "Really Shoots First!". I'd prefer a good Bespin Han (Removeable Jacket, Binders, Breath Mask, and Blaster), and 'Endor Han' (Trenchcoat, blaster, explosive charge(s)). This set should also come with a bonus 'Han in Carbonite' static figure as a 'super-accessory'.

Padme: I don't care what they do for the first and third figure (as long as it's versions that haven't yet been done), but for the second I'd want the white 'Arena Outfit' (Super-articulated, with Naboo and Droid Blasters, Cape, and Chain). Preferably not permanently running and screaming, either. ;) I'd say do an 'interchangeable torso' so you can make her the 'complete' or 'battle-damaged' versions, but that's probably asking a bit much.

Servants of the Empire: Resculpted ANH Tarkin, Admiral Piett, and Moff Jerjerrod.

And the pack I'd like that we'll -never- see?:

"Expanded Universe Jedi": With Ulic Qel-Droma, Quinlan Vos, and (updated) Kyle Katarn