PDA

View Full Version : Clone Trooper with Jet Pack

Scackmgack
05-04-2005, 08:58 PM
Why, oh WHY does the head on this figure not turn?

This fig would be PERFECT if the head turned. I still like it, but he comes with what looks like a sniper rifle but can't bring it up to his head to aim it, or even come close to looking like he is aiming it.

I might swap it out for a DC-10 rifle as that can be held single-handed and looks more realistic than using the rifle he came with in one hand, but still...can anyone think of a good reason why the head would have been molded so as not to move at all?

Plain-old side-to-side movement would have been just fine...didn't need a ball joint or anything...

Blackened88
05-04-2005, 09:11 PM
What are the elbows on the fig, are they like the Clone Pilot or Clone Commander type elbow articulation?

beckmen
05-05-2005, 01:30 AM
Huh? No head articualtion!?!

That's it, I'm not buying it!

manji
05-05-2005, 06:57 AM
Is the Clone Trooper with Jet Pack in the movie or is it just EU? I haven't seen any released images of him.

aricajade
05-05-2005, 08:25 AM
He also doesn't have peg holes in his feet. I was hoping that we could get a few of them to stand on the pegs of the Gunship and be ready for deployment, but no peg holes. Between that and the head, I was not impressed.

Our dog chewed up the one we had open...I don't think I'll get a replacement.

AmanaMatt
05-05-2005, 10:13 AM
Huh? No head articualtion!?!

That's it, I'm not buying it!

There is head articulation - they stick, but it does have it.

sith_killer_99
05-05-2005, 11:10 AM
I like this figure, but I still don't see why Hasbro had to make it a $10.00 Deluxe figure. The jet-pack accessory is great, but it really isn't worth the extra money IMO. I have 1 carded and 1 loose but I don't plan on buying any more for that price.

Kidhuman
05-05-2005, 11:13 AM
I agree SK, much like the John Kerry Gen. Riekaan figure.

Scackmgack
05-05-2005, 11:50 AM
There is head articulation - they stick, but it does have it.

Are you sure? Do you have the ability to post a pic? The head was really resistant to moving...I tried fairly hard because I could not believe that the head could not move, but I didn't want to break it.

I've got the second one I bought in the package, still. If I can get the head to move on the open one, I will open the second one. Otherwise, the second one is going back.

BanthaPoodoo
05-05-2005, 12:27 PM
Is the Clone Trooper with Jet Pack in the movie or is it just EU? I haven't seen any released images of him.

There were a few in that one episode of Clone Wars, however I dont remember the wings being that big... IIRC

JetsAndHeels
05-05-2005, 12:33 PM
The good news is I just figured out how to turn the head.
The bad news is I just decapitated a clone trooper.

beckmen
05-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Fine. Maybe I'll buy one. Prolly, if I see it on the shelf it'll jump into my hand.

Sounds like they have a case of McFarlane headsyndrome. I remember breaking off Solid Snake's head when I tried to turn is...pity, that fig was the shizzle.

AmanaMatt
05-05-2005, 01:17 PM
I do not have a digital camera here (soon!), but yes, he does move. Mine was tough but not that tough!

Just be careful, and it'll turn

Sith Lord 0498
05-05-2005, 04:25 PM
It will turn. It's a ball-jointed head, so even if it comes off you can pop it right back on.

Kidhuman
05-05-2005, 06:23 PM
The good news is I just figured out how to turn the head.
The bad news is I just decapitated a clone trooper.

LMAO...that was rich...

DarthDiablo22
05-05-2005, 09:47 PM
my guys head moves...a little rough but it moves. when i got it i saw about 5 of these guys and in one of the packages the guys head was turned just as the pic on the bottom left of the package shows the rest wwere looking straight foward......was just weird to see comparing it to the others...hehe. o well.

Scackmgack
05-06-2005, 08:51 AM
Thank you so much for posting that the head IS articulated! That made me willing to experiment a little more with getting it to turn - and I discovered that not only is it articulated, it is articulated with a ball joint!

Now I really, really like this figure. I just wish the gun was made of slightly-harder plastic so it would not get all bent out of the shape the way it does...but I can deal with that.

DarkCloud
05-08-2005, 01:25 AM
i saw this figure but i didnt want to drop 10 bucks for it since i thought i hasbro should've released it as a basic figure. Instead i bought the Vader on the Operation Table. But im lookin forward for the deluxe 3 set clone trooper =) i think that'll be worth the money.

beckmen
05-08-2005, 04:31 PM
But I think those are not really articulated...

Sith Lord 0498
05-08-2005, 06:46 PM
They aren't articulated. Based on the photos that have already shown up, they are the exact same figures as the Clone Wars Clonetrooper army 3-pack. Hasbro just changed the helmets.

Kidhuman
05-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Preposed is good. Dont have to worry about posing them in set ups then. :beard: And three for ten is good pricing too.

beckmen
05-09-2005, 02:55 AM
Never saw the Clone Wars 3-pack, that was part of the dead era were WM had like 4 figures on the shelves...

They're not articulated AT ALL? Just three hunks of plastic? They could have at least given them 5 POA like in the old school days.

MaquisWarrior
05-09-2005, 04:51 AM
Our dog chewed up the one we had open...I don't think I'll get a replacement.

A likely excuse. Detention for a week! I'm going to call your parents!!

samskull
05-09-2005, 02:59 PM
Jet Pack Man looks much better without those schlamo missles (which don't work) loaded into the pack. Maybe I'll just feed those gloopy-goop Jabba.

screw
05-12-2005, 02:44 PM
They've got them up on Amazon right now!

deluxe clone (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000701D2W/ref=pd_ts_c_th_3/103-9714727-7471858?v=glance&s=toys&n=977394)

JEDIpartner
05-12-2005, 03:34 PM
I like the figure... for what it's worth. I have two of them. I kinda thought they made the heads immovable because of the positioning of the pack. *shrug*

Fluke Skywalker
05-12-2005, 07:59 PM
I've only seen one so far, and I really wanted to get it but I asked myself "If that Jetpack were sold seperatly, would you pay $5 bucks for it?" I answered no.

I think the Obi-Wan and Palpatine deluxe will reach clearance, but alas not so for this army builder. I'll either pony up or miss out :Ponder:

kool-aid killer
05-12-2005, 11:36 PM
Im kind of on the fence with this figure, hes kind of cool but then i also feel kind of ripped off. His jet back isnt worth the five extra dollars he goes for and his legs look like twigs (well at least the part above his thigh armor) plus he doesnt appear to be able to pose very well with his rifle.

Fluke, i highly doubt this Clone will reach a clearance price.

Veers
05-13-2005, 07:49 PM

I wonder the same thing myself. It reminds me of the old Star Wars Deluxe Crowd Control Stormtrooper that came out in 95. At leat that version he could move his head.

Sith Lord 0498
05-14-2005, 06:40 AM
At leat that version he could move his head.

The jetpack Clone can move his head too. This was covered elsewhere on the boards. The figure has a ball-jointed head, but it is very hard to move the first time. You have to twist it very hard until it pops out of its rut. A good analogy for this would be like opening a jar of pickles or jelly. It can be put on ridiculously tight, but once you pop the seal the first time it moves easily.

rust
05-14-2005, 04:52 PM
I give this fig 4/5. Don't care too much about artic., but I put the missile in wrong and it won't come out!