PDA

View Full Version : May 5th! Right on Schedule!

TCC-1972
05-05-2005, 07:21 AM
Just like I was told, Star Wars stuff was put out this morning. MY local Wal-Marts put out more of the new Deluxe figures. All of the hard to find small figures including all of the clones.

And I finally found my 12" Shaak Ti. They had 6 each of Shaak Ti & Barriss Offee. Barriss Offee is one ugly & lame freakin character! I was gonna buy her until I saw her up close. Couldn't they get a better looking actress?

I also have to say that whoever designed the 12" figures new packaging needs to be shot! If you wanna put the figure back in the box you're screwed! You have to fight with the damn box!

Jeez,do you think they could have made her lightsaber a little bigger???

drsidious
05-06-2005, 02:07 AM
i think those packages are sweet as hell
even the box on the kb chewbacca makes it look good
its not all that hard to get um back in either,
i bought the greivous and i got him back in there.
woulda left him out be hes prolly the suckiest 12 incher ive bought

JediTricks
05-06-2005, 07:06 PM
I found the packaging to be a nightmare on Grievous, I always put my loose figs back in their boxes, this one was such a pain in the behind that I very nearly threw it out. It looks good but it is horrid to work with for me.

Dark Helmet
05-08-2005, 01:13 PM
Has anyone seen or purched the 12" Chewbacca?

Monstermile
05-08-2005, 01:33 PM
Has anyone seen or purched the 12" Chewbacca?

My local KB has a bunch of them. From most accounts it is just a repaint of the KB exclusive OTC version with a different gun. Which my local KB also has a ton of. Personally I'm waiting for it to go on clearance.

Dark Helmet
05-08-2005, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the input....off to KB toys I go. Didn't KB have the Queen Amidala Portrait edition from EP1 as an exclusive?

Monstermile
05-08-2005, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the input....off to KB toys I go. Didn't KB have the Queen Amidala Portrait edition from EP1 as an exclusive?

Been a few years but I don't think so. KB has had the folowing 12" exclusives:

Han and Luke Stormtrooper
Electronic Boba Fett
Han, Luke, and Leia 3 pack
Clone Trooper red
Clone Trooper yellow
Gamorrean Guard
OTC Chewbacca
ROTS Chewbacca

Dark Helmet
05-08-2005, 07:57 PM
I have : 1999 Queen Amidala Portrait Edition (12") $49.99 retail
Red Senate Gown #3 is aseries of 3

1999 Queen Amidala Portrait Edition (12") $49.99 retail
Black Travel Gown #2 in a series of 3

1999 Princess Leia Portrait edition (12") $49.99 retail
Ceremonial gown #1 in a series of 3

I was looking for more QA in the portrait Editions, very nice packaging with a flap you open to view the whole figure help by velcro. Withhout opening the flap, you can see through a decebt size portion of the plastic to see the face but not the fancy outfits QA wore. When you open the Portrait editions of QA , it shows her in other costumes. Didn't know if they existed anymore???
I'm not sure how to do this w/o retyping and uncovering my collection but I saw a forum that I tried to reply to but nothing was posted for 30 days and I wasn't permitted to post. Do you know how to copy this or quote this somehow to a new forum? I'd love to get some feedback. Amidala was so hot looking in her costumes except fro the peasant look on AOTC.

Monstermile
05-08-2005, 08:27 PM
The only other Portrait Edition was the Amidala/Qui-Gon Defense of Naboo 2 pack. Amidala is in the outfit that they wore when they got back to Naboo and met with the Gungans. It doesn't really fit with the other three but it is still called a Portrait Edition.

None of the PE were exclusive to KB though. Personally I would have liked to see an Amidala Naboo Ceremony PE.

And as far as your final question I don't know exactly what you are trying to do. Could you be a little more specific??

Dark Helmet
05-08-2005, 08:33 PM
I was saying that I had brought up EP1 Queen Amidala in a May 5th! Forum.
I simply didn't want to have to retype everything under the correct forum. I don't know how to copy and paste (like my list of figures), instead of just copying and pasting them?? The system says I have to reconfigure my mozilla/netscape? Sorry to confuse you.

Dark Helmet
05-08-2005, 08:36 PM
My local KB has a bunch of them. From most accounts it is just a repaint of the KB exclusive OTC version with a different gun. Which my local KB also has a ton of. Personally I'm waiting for it to go on clearance.

Sorry.........a had one already. Thank you very much anyway.

Dark Helmet
05-08-2005, 08:45 PM
The only other Portrait Edition was the Amidala/Qui-Gon Defense of Naboo 2 pack. Amidala is in the outfit that they wore when they got back to Naboo and met with the Gungans. It doesn't really fit with the other three but it is still called a Portrait Edition.

None of the PE were exclusive to KB though. Personally I would have liked to see an Amidala Naboo Ceremony PE.

And as far as your final question I don't know exactly what you are trying to do. Could you be a little more specific??

I personally would have liked to have Amidala Ceremony in my collection.
I wonder if they are worth any money? Only ask since they were $50 bucks but very well done and cool!!

drsidious
05-09-2005, 01:35 AM
the portrait edition round here have been on clearance for years
local kb,s still got um for 5.99-9.99 .boxes r beat tho
picked mine up cheap years ago.
they still have all those padme/sabe/pretty braids padme for 3.99
and our kb outlet just last x-mas had the valorum / royal guard 2 packs
for 9.99

Dark Helmet
05-09-2005, 09:52 PM
the portrait edition round here have been on clearance for years
local kb,s still got um for 5.99-9.99 .boxes r beat tho
picked mine up cheap years ago.
they still have all those padme/sabe/pretty braids padme for 3.99
and our kb outlet just last x-mas had the valorum / royal guard 2 packs
for 9.99

Thanks for the heads up. I'll head to KB in the next day or so. I can't believe I paid $50 for them and they 6-10 now. I have to say though that mine are in mint condition packaging and (of course)never been opened. I appreciate your input. I never saw the valorum/ royal guard 2 packs though. Hasbro ships certain items to certain stores only so it is difficult to get everything. I was at a Target today looking for #44 (the packiage back has a slice in it from where they opened the case) and ran into a Hasbro rep and basically gave her hell for the repack on CT exclusive for 12.99 and how they cost 35 cents to make based on volume.....she couldn't have cared less but I felt better.

drsidious
05-11-2005, 12:38 AM
those hasbro reps ARE the worst.
next time you see one get thier card so you know who to tell hasbro is screwin up your area. i cant wait for those gamorians to hit 5 bux.
ill buy 2 more. only reason i bought the otc chewie is the box is so huge
it makes the fig look good.

Dark Helmet
05-11-2005, 01:37 PM
I will definitely get their card next time and call the HQ's to vent my frustration. I wasn't too hard on the girl though....she just takes orders from the powers that be like the rest of us.

drsidious
05-12-2005, 02:12 AM
you should have been hard on her, the hasbro rep in this area had a garage sale this past weekend ,
she said she made 700 bux off selling all the display crap she had left over from the stores, same with the lego rep, she sold all those nifty clear case displays at hers(shes my my friend kates ma)