PDA

View Full Version : The coolest thing for your desktop!!!! (it's free too)

Exhaust Port
05-06-2005, 09:30 AM
http://www.konfabulator.com/

I'm still playing with it but I have all sorts of crap on my desktop now. This is the coolest thing I've seen yet for your computer. My personal favorite is the analog clock which I have partially see-through and set to "floating" so it stays on top of any windows I have open.

I'm also running the picture viewer set to reload a new picture every minute, the stock ticker with a few company stocks being tracked, the mini-iPod interface and the weather widget. The best thing is that you can "lock" them to your background so you can't click on them and they act no differently than if they were actually part of your background image. It's a great way to have junk on your desktop without them actually getting in the way.

Anyone else running this (or download it and like it?)?

darthvyn
05-09-2005, 12:05 AM
cool! i knew about it on mac, but didn't know they'd created a pc version!

CaptainSolo1138
05-09-2005, 08:20 AM
That's the coolest thing ever! I like all of the fun toys and gadgets you get to play with. Now I have to download that at home.

CaptainSolo1138
05-10-2005, 11:18 AM
I found that if click the Konfabulator icon in the taskbar you have the option to "get more widgets". It takes you to their sight where they have over 500 additional widgets to download for free! After almost two hours of searching them, I have an ESPNews ticker, a live webcam of some town in Germany, a text to voice thing-a-majig, a blinking string of Christmas lights across the top of my screen, and a bunch of other stuff that I don't need!

Exhaust Port
05-10-2005, 11:44 AM
The ESPN ticker sounds cool, I'll have to dig that one up. I picked up the guitar tuner and iTunes mini interface. For some reason the iTunes worked until I would restart my computer then it would fail. I ended up deleting it.

Being a person who prides himself on a minimalist desktop I feel a bit out of place adding all these things to my desktop. I just can't help myself. :)

CaptainSolo1138
05-10-2005, 11:52 AM
The worst part for me is that I have a really cool Jules Winfield/Vincent Vega wallpaper on my desktop at work and now its covered with all this stuff!

moulman
05-12-2005, 09:04 PM
I hate you Konfabulator!!!! Im gonna be up all night checking everything out:D