PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the timeline Ep III-IV

Mace Windex
05-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Can anyone help me out here. I think George goofed on the timeline between EPisode III and IV. Alec Guiness as Obi-wan in Episode IV looked like a man in his mid to late seventies. So, how old was Obi in ep I? I figured his 20's then 30's in episode II. Episode III is only three years after episode II, right? So Obo is in his late thirties or early 40's. Add 19 years to reach Episode IV and it doesn't add up. What gives?
While I'm on my tangent, How can Leia remember her mother is she died at birth? OK, maybe the force. But then did she say that she died when "I was very young?

Peace out.

Mace :D

Kidhuman
05-06-2005, 11:59 AM
Leia is discussed here....

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=27590

Uncle Owen looked aged too, but living a hermits life can make one look old.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-06-2005, 12:56 PM
The ages of Obi-Wan:
TPM - 25
APTC - 35
ROTS - 38
ANH - 58
It's not that far of a stretch - Alec Guinness was 62 I believe when he played him in ANH. And stress can have a negative effect on your appearance. Fighting in the Clone Wars, seeing your Padawan turn to the Dark Side and having to leave him for dead, and living in seclusion for twenty years can't be too fun. And also, people who tan too much look older, so maybe Obi-Wan spent a lot of time outside while on Tatooine?

rbaumhauer
05-06-2005, 02:23 PM
As has been pointed out many times, the timeline has been drastically altered, and no amount of rationalizing is going to fix it. In story meetings for ROTJ, when discussing Anakin's appearance when the mask is removed, it was stated that,"Luke's father should be in his sixties, about ten years younger than Ben." Alec Guinness was playing older, not younger, than his actual age in ANH.

Yeah George, the whole saga's been written in stone in your head since '73, suuuuure it has; you just keep telling yourself that until people get tired of pointing out all the problems that have cropped up because you've been making the whole thing up as you go..............

Rick