PDA

View Full Version : The Clone Commander Fan Club Thread

General_Grievous
05-06-2005, 02:49 PM
Hey, if the ARC-170 fighter can have its own fan club thread, then surely this guy can. I mean, the action figures are the cornerstone of all Star Wars collectibles, and this guy is the best action figure Hasbro's produced in a while. Heck, it may even be the best ROTS figure. Let's look at the facts: The Clone commander is the only Col. 1 figure not to have an action feature. Big plus. He comes with a crapload of accessories. Another plus. He's got a lot of articulation. Big plus. He's got one of the best paintjobs I've seen on a Hasbro figure. Another big plus. The visor he comes with is pretty cool. But above all, this guy's a freakin' Clone Trooper! You can't beat that. He's also infinitely better than the other figures in his wave, like the Clone Pilot, Palpatine, and Grievous.

So what do you say, guys? Wanna join the Clone Commander fan club? :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-06-2005, 04:44 PM
This guy's my favorite ROTS figure so far; I really like it. He looks like an ARC Trooper with an even cooler helmet! They need to release lots of versions of this guy (we're getting a yellow Commander Bly sans visor in the Evolution set).

I want to be known as "Grand Poobah of the Clone Commander Fan Club."

Kidhuman
05-06-2005, 05:49 PM
I love this guy, he is awesome. Glad I got 7 of him. Does that make me president of the fan club?

buddatrooper
05-06-2005, 06:16 PM
he has to be my favorite figure! everytime i walk by our display at work i just kinda stop and look at these guys. and to my self i say " hey man you're a pretty cool guy." to the figures that is no to myself!!!

JetsAndHeels
05-06-2005, 07:37 PM
The CC is definately one of the best figures (if not the best) of the ROTS line so far. Right now my CC count is 5, and hoping to add more to it.

Jedibill
05-06-2005, 07:47 PM
I think what really makes ROTS stand out for me is the differant types of clones not just red and blue but like the Clone Commander and the other Elite Clones like Commander BLY,NEYO,CODY and I really cant wait til Commander Baccarra comes out, I hope they make them all.

I guess Mr. Lucas figured hey its the last movie gotta make sure theres lots of toys to make.

beckmen
05-06-2005, 09:52 PM
He was my favorite until I got #41, the SA Clone. His wasit articulation makes him a little better IMO, but the Commander is still a close second for how awesome and Bushido he looks.

Yeah, I am in the fan club. I'll probably by more of these guys of I ever see them again...:)

figrin bran
05-06-2005, 11:10 PM
it's definitely my favorite of the ROTS line and i even bought 3 of them but i wish the skirt could have been made of a more flexible material...maybe even, dare i say it, soft goods!

trandoshan666
05-06-2005, 11:35 PM
I totally agree. The commander is a great figure looks cool, well-articulated and comes with cool extras. The figure just rocks. And what's better, it's readily available in my area now.

Fluke Skywalker
05-07-2005, 05:01 AM
This is the figure that caught my eye from the go get. He's been plenty tough to find, but I've managed 3 so far. I think the upcoming 'Evolutions' pack has a yellow or orange-ish version. Bring 'em on says I!

BTW, I'd like to be Vice Pesident in charge of snacks for the fan club.

Jayspawn
05-07-2005, 09:15 AM
I'm a big Clone Commander fan also. The standard white Clone Trooper is my personal favorite though. But the Clone Commander is one of the figures Hasbro has made in a while -so sign me up!

Val Da Car
05-07-2005, 09:50 AM
I have more CC that Clone Troopers....does that make me a fan or do I need an "intervention"?

JetsAndHeels
05-07-2005, 09:56 AM
I have more CC that Clone Troopers....does that make me a fan or do I need an "intervention"?

I think that definately puts you in the club...but no intervention is needed here. You cannot have too many clone commanders!! lol

General_Grievous
05-07-2005, 12:50 PM
I'll be Cloney, the Clone Commander Fan Club mascot! Now who wants to read the minutes? ;)

WesleySr
05-07-2005, 01:15 PM
I guess I will join in on this fan club too. I have 2 of the CC's and I must say that this is definitely one of the best, if not the best, clones that they have made to date.

Also, I agree with figrin bran that the skirt should have been made out of a softer material. I would have liked to have seen it made out of cloth.

samskull
05-09-2005, 03:20 PM
Is it considered sacrilgious or honorable to customize a spare Clone Commander into say a sergeant or lieutenant?

Sith Lord 0498
05-09-2005, 05:44 PM
Is it considered sacrilgious or honorable to customize a spare Clone Commander into say a sergeant or lieutenant?

Can't be any worse than using permanent markers and matches to do some custom battle-damaged. That skirt looks great with some of the edges scorched and melted!!! :crazed:

Clonetrooper1131
05-09-2005, 06:28 PM
I got two of the CC, and by far, I think it's one of the best figures. I was lucky enough to find a SA Clone Trooper today at Target. The CC is still pretty rare around here. I think other than the two I found, I've only seen it four other time, and that was all at Target.

beckmen
05-09-2005, 09:51 PM
Really too bad they didn't use the same waist articulation as the SA Clone, or CC would have him beat, not tied for the Best ROTS Figure Award. Of course Anakin on Mustafar could give them both a run for their money....

aceguide
05-10-2005, 08:25 AM
Sign me up. 2 Commanders thus far. Looking forwardto the later Clone releases as well.

spang2005
05-10-2005, 09:08 AM
Of course Anakin on Mustafar could give them both a run for their money....

Oh I hope so. This one looks great so far, but all we've seen is pictures. This is my most anticipated figure, I just don't want to be disappointed.

And the Clone Commander is great. Only way he'd be better would be if you could take the visor off without those Frankenstein-looking pegs sticking out the side of his head and if the helmet would come off to reveal a Temuera Morrison head sculpt.

jedi master sal
05-10-2005, 12:20 PM
Oh, I MUST sign up for the club...

I have 13 Clone Commanders and counting (all are loose but 1).
They look great leading my ROTS clone army. (I've got 67 of the #6 clone)

I need to post a pic of them lined up. Kinda reminds you of the scene in AOTC when they are boarding the cruisers.

BTW, for the army building haters, there's PLENTY of the CC in my neck of the woods. When I finally found these, I got them mostly in ones and twos.

I got so many in the event that the color versions don't get made. They'll make great custom fodder!

Now if I could find even just ONE AT-TE gunner...

If someone needs one of the commanders and can hook me up with an AT-TE gunner, we can make a trade.

hango fett
05-10-2005, 12:59 PM
i have 1 out and one in the pack. they are plentiful in my area now so i may get more. i can be a corner office dude for the fan club here, if that is possible.
HF

samskull
05-10-2005, 01:16 PM
All Clone Commanders are field men!

Veers
05-10-2005, 08:12 PM
He is cool looking!

Kidhuman
05-11-2005, 12:21 AM
BTW, for the army building haters, there's PLENTY of the CC in my neck of the woods. When I finally found these, I got them mostly in ones and twos.

Yes theyare starting to warm pegs here too. I have 7 of em, saw about 10 more in two stores today as well. I hope other army builders are this easy to come by.

drsidious
05-11-2005, 12:46 AM
i cant wait for a blue one

sith_killer_99
05-11-2005, 01:10 AM
Well count me in. I really like this figure, like buddatrooper said, everytime I walk by the ROTS figures I stop and check it out. I have 10 of these on layaway at Wal-Mart right now! Though I do wish Hasbro had gone the "Royal Guard" route and given us some color variations. Oh well, I can wait for the "Evolutions" sets to come out. Talk about your Army Builder sets! I have a feeling the Trooper Evolution sets will sell like hotcakes! I saw them at CIII and they are really cool, IMHO.

I am torn between the CC and my new Target exclusive Clone, though the initial high of the exclusive may wear off soon. Afterall, the Target Clone did cost more than twice as much as the CC, and the CC has more accessories!

I also like the other Clones, Pilots and AT-TE Gunners. I wasn't too impressed with the "Quick Draw" Clone, but then I loath action features! I am waiting for the #41 Super Articulated Clone!

It's all about the accessories, that is why I love the AT-TE Gunner! Not one but 2 helmets, or at least variations for the helmet. :D I love removable helmets! Next to working holsters with removable guns it's my favorite feature on a Star Wars figure!

Long live the Clone Commander! (I have dubbed him Cody!) ;)

Jayspawn
05-11-2005, 11:03 PM
I bought another Clone Commander last night. I have 8 White Clone Troopers and 2 Clone Commanders now.

General_Grievous
05-14-2005, 09:51 AM
I've got 67 of the #6 clone

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

DieselsDen
05-14-2005, 07:40 PM
Quick question...what are we supposed to do with the rubbery string deal and the plastic clamps that come with him?

beckmen
05-14-2005, 08:17 PM
The clamp/string is a rappeling line I think. Pretty cool.

samskull
05-16-2005, 10:36 AM
Does the rappelling gear attach to the Gunship somehow? There are similar features on the vehicles lowering cable.

beckmen
05-16-2005, 02:28 PM
The way the hook thing works you can attach it to a bunch of stuff. I am sure you can attach it to the gunship and have the Clone Commander rappel into a battlezone. I don't think there's any ACTUAL place to attach it, the edge of the floor looks like it would work, though.