PDA

View Full Version : WalMart Reset

Dark Helmet
05-07-2005, 08:07 AM
Walmart is set reset their Star Wars area to the front of the stores on Sunday the 8th at night........at least for the NC area. I will check out Columbus OH when I get back.

buddatrooper
05-07-2005, 11:40 AM
yeah this is true we do a thing called catch the season wall and for the next couple of weeks all stores should have star wars up front. there should be around 8 different things like figures, vader mask, and bedding to name a few items.

ROTJLuke
05-07-2005, 12:05 PM
sounds sweet to me...

Ji'dai
05-07-2005, 12:18 PM
I've been watching for the front aisle display; I know they usually put it up near the movie release. More display area often means more product is put on the floor so there's a greater chance of finding something new. I found new figures in these front displays with the last movie releases so here's hoping my luck holds through Episode III.

WesleySr
05-07-2005, 01:21 PM
I can't wait until tomorrow. Maybe after the WM's around here reset, I will finally be able to find some AT-TE Gunners and 41-44. I did manage to score the new deluxe figures at WM yesterday, but no Vader Operating Table. I did get both color versions of the Vulture Droid.

Darth_Bane
05-07-2005, 01:35 PM
I just got back from my Wal-Mart, and they FINALLY got 41-44 and all the deluxe figures, I picked up 41-44 and Vader on the operating table. I'm glad to mark them off my list. Besides the SP Clonetrooper and the Deluxe Vader, if I wasn't trying to complete the set, would not have even bothered.

buddatrooper
05-07-2005, 02:21 PM
WesleySr man if i would have known you needed a At Gunner i would have picked you up one. we have had them down here for a while now.

beckmen
05-07-2005, 02:41 PM
Good news, I'd like the chance to snag more of the impossible-to-find Clone Commanders and SA Clones, as well as the new deluxe and 45+ when the time comes.

Kidhuman
05-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Goodie, I love resets.

moulman
05-08-2005, 10:25 AM
I just got back from my Wal-Mart, and they FINALLY got 41-44 and all the deluxe figures, I picked up 41-44 and Vader on the operating table. I'm glad to mark them off my list. Besides the SP Clonetrooper and the Deluxe Vader, if I wasn't trying to complete the set, would not have even bothered.

Wonder if you got 41-44 b/c of the reset? Cant wait to stop by my WM...

Dark Helmet
05-08-2005, 12:21 PM

I picked up #41-#41 at WM but to my dismay, when I got home, the DD#44 had a slice up the bacside of the packaging due to the stockboys opening up the cases along the width of the case. I went back and found another #44 but it was sliced as well......dumb@@@ box openers.

Scackmgack
05-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Not seeing resets in the Mass. Wal-Marts around Boston - but then again, we also didn't have the tent sales on April 2nd due to the concerns of the fire marshals. *rolls eyes*

It rained that day, too...

darko666
05-08-2005, 01:10 PM
i checked out my WM today and they had nothing new. in fact, they didn't even have a reset, they still had the star wars set up in the toy aisle. nothing in the front of the store. i'm guessing WM's in NY didn't have the reset. but #41-44 will probally show up more after the movie is released.

JetsAndHeels
05-08-2005, 04:03 PM
WM here had done the reset, and had alot of the higher # figs upto 40, but nothing beyond that. I went ahead and picked up another AT TE Gunner to add to the army. Going to keep a lookout for that SA clone.

Dark Helmet
05-08-2005, 06:23 PM
Not seeing resets in the Mass. Wal-Marts around Boston - but then again, we also didn't have the tent sales on April 2nd due to the concerns of the fire marshals. *rolls eyes*

I was in Mooresville NC at a SWM. Maybe the non-SWM's aren't doing a reset. What really is bad is the single WM in my town (Circleville,OH) has virtually pulled all star wars merchandise because they are closing on the 24th and moving to a SW on the 25th. They will order nothing new in so they don't have to pack it up and move it across the street.

Suck..they do!!!

Sith Lord 0498
05-08-2005, 06:56 PM

No resets at my local WM Supercenter, and it rained for us too with the tent sale. Absolutely dismal experience. Limited selection, cold weather, took them an hour to get ready past the scheduled start time... :mad:

bearauto
05-08-2005, 07:09 PM
No resets at Cerritos Walmart either. Although, a Hot Wheel guy told me that 5 cases were put out yesterday...the day when I decided to sleep in. Sigh.

Sith Lord 0498
05-08-2005, 07:37 PM
No resets at Cerritos Walmart either. Although, a Hot Wheel guy told me that 5 cases were put out yesterday...the day when I decided to sleep in. Sigh.

And it wouldn't surprise me if Hot Wheel guy coincidentally has 5 cases worth of SW figures locked away in his eBay vault. ;)

Fluke Skywalker
05-08-2005, 09:06 PM
Neighborhood Super Walmart must have 'reset', because they had #34-36 as well as the re-isue of Anakin with the correct red saber.

Sith Lord 0498
05-08-2005, 09:56 PM
Neighborhood Super Walmart must have 'reset', because they had #34-36 as well as the re-isue of Anakin with the correct red saber.

That's not what we mean by "reset" though. Apparently, some Wal-Marts are moving their ROTS merchandise up to the front of the stores, effectively "resetting" their toy displays. Sounds like your Wal-Mart simply received their next big batch of inventory. Mine did that a few days ago, and now the pegs are overflowing with jetpack Clonetroopers, red saber Palpatines, exploding Grievous, Mas Amedda, and Clone Commanders.

Kidhuman
05-09-2005, 08:26 AM
Last night WM in Radford had an entire pallet devoted to SW toys. Went in this morning and they had it displayed when you walk in.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-09-2005, 09:55 AM

Hey, I used to shop there when I lived in SoCal. I remember fighting with the HW guys and housefraus to get into the store every other Saturday.

I haven't seen any resets in my local WMs (central UT). It seems that they did something with the figures and other items a few weeks ago when a setup was put out in the middle of all the registers where the magazines are.

tgr3328
05-09-2005, 01:48 PM
No reset here. They are adhering to their strict policy of "clogged with pegwarmers or nothing at all".

Dark Helmet
05-09-2005, 09:02 PM

What number is Anakin with the correct red light saber? I'll have to get that and check what color saber the anakin I have is. But if you know the number, it would help me out by not making me unpack all my figures. I would appreciate your help if you can easily get the number for me...Thanks!!!

Sith Lord 0498
05-09-2005, 09:12 PM
What number is Anakin with the correct red light saber? I'll have to get that and check what color saber the anakin I have is. But if you know the number, it would help me out by not making me unpack all my figures. I would appreciate your help if you can easily get the number for me...Thanks!!!

It's ROTS #2. They didn't change the number. There are no obvious changes except for the new saber and probably the date stamp (which I've never understood from day one).

Dark Helmet
05-09-2005, 09:32 PM
It's ROTS #2. They didn't change the number. There are no obvious changes except for the new saber and probably the date stamp (which I've never understood from day one).

Thank you so much...I will definitely try to locate in the next day or so. I have noticed a lot of 30 to 40 on the shelves now. Do you that a certain point they will quit releasig say 44 and up until after the premiere? I'dlove to be rich and watch it early on the chatirity blitz.....too poor. I applaude george Lucas for the philandthropy. I think it is really cool that he is doing it and why!!

beckmen
05-09-2005, 09:40 PM
My local WM is still at 32 and under, old deluxe figs. Though I did find the 33-41 figs I wanted, they went quick (I took the last of all but one of them in each case). However, now the figs are slim on the pegs. Only about half-way full. More stuff shoulod be coming soon.

Tragically, I found the ARC-170 on the the self today, but alas I only had 18 dollars...Perhaps tomorrow...

Sith Lord 0498
05-10-2005, 05:29 AM
Tragically, I found the ARC-170 on the the self today, but alas I only had 18 dollars...Perhaps tomorrow...

Enter the power of the almighty layaway!!!!

Seriously, that's the best part of finding new product at WM. Unless it's very late, you can throw stuff on layaway.

aceguide
05-10-2005, 08:17 AM
No reset in SE-VA. Did see one Clone Pilot and 300 OB1/Anakins.

Can't see them resetting my local store. No space and SW already has full isle.

Ji'dai
05-10-2005, 03:07 PM
The local WM supracenta has a nifty new Star Wars display as you walk in the store on the dry goods side. These shelves are usually stocked with impulse/seasonal items. In the past, movie toys have been located on a temp display in the main aisle in front of checkout.

But I saw lots of role-play stuff and several ROTS display trays filled with figures. Some of the first 32 but also quite a few 33-36 and remnants of 37-40. Someone already swiped the Tank Gunners. Still no sign of 41+

ronhudy
05-10-2005, 04:12 PM
I visited a nearby WM earlier today, and they had the display as soon as you walked in. Hopefully, the figures will get bought buy impulse buyers and by parents with a screaming kid in the cart, 'cause from the looks of the figures, they were pulled from the bin that was in the toy section, and the cards are all bent to hell...saw one Med. Droid, everything else was 1-32, very heavy in Obi/Ani.

Veers
05-10-2005, 08:11 PM
I guess they are doing this as the film comes out. :)

Val Da Car
05-10-2005, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the reset....found my first Red Senate Guard figure!!!

Sith Lord 0498
05-11-2005, 05:41 AM
Either my local Wal-Mart is in the process of doing their reset or they just don't know what the heck they're doing. I went in last night for groceries, and they had about 50 voice changers and some of the larger LEGO sets up front and that's all.

Dark Helmet
05-11-2005, 12:57 PM
Either my local Wal-Mart is in the process of doing their reset or they just don't know what the heck they're doing. I went in last night for groceries, and they had about 50 voice changers and some of the larger LEGO sets up front and that's all.

One thing I have noticed at WM is that someone (store employee) is putting scotch tape over the clear plastic bubble onto the cardboard backing. I have had to look very closely at any figures due to this and the "slicing of the packaging on figures" when they open the boxes. Be on the lookout for this type of activity. They are trying to "repair" the packaging and really screwing up figures by cutting into them with their handy dandy box cutters.

bats1990
05-11-2005, 02:22 PM
I was at two of the three Wal-marts in my area. No resets yet but the one in Temple PAPalpatine wtih Red Sanber. The one in Wyomissing PA has a few 3 or 4 Vader's Medical Droid, 2 AT-TE gunners, a few Polis Massan and a few Mas Amedda. I picked up one of each and the second AT-TE. So now the only thing I am really searching for is some of the newer delx figs and #41 Clone Trooper. It was a lot of fun today. Good luck to all.

Sith Lord 0498
05-11-2005, 04:10 PM
I was at two of the three Wal-marts in my area. No resets yet but the one in Temple PAPalpatine wtih Red Sanber. The one in Wyomissing PA has a few 3 or 4 Vader's Medical Droid, 2 AT-TE gunners, a few Polis Massan and a few Mas Amedda. I picked up one of each and the second AT-TE. So now the only thing I am really searching for is some of the newer delx figs and #41 Clone Trooper. It was a lot of fun today. Good luck to all.

Ahhh...I was wondering if anyone from Berks County was on these boards. I attended Kutztown University during the 2002 Saga release. The Temple WM was usually a good place to find figures. You might want to even try the WM in Trexlertown up on Route 222 toward Allentown. Maybe things have changed since then though...