PDA

View Full Version : Super Articulated Clone #41!

Zabbaca
05-07-2005, 06:27 PM
:classic: I got my Super Articulated clone #41 yesterday. He has some dirt and grit to his paint job, :confused: but i assume he is identical to the Target clone, except for the paint job and #41's communications backpack array

Turbowars
05-07-2005, 07:24 PM
I kind of like the dirt, it's different from other dirt paint apps in the past. It is the same as the Target Clone, just as the Target Clone is the same as the Clones war Super Clone just with new helmet. Whats the deal with the backpack?

Blackened88
05-07-2005, 09:07 PM
Of the pics I've seen in package I didn't think there were going to do the backpack?

Zabbaca
05-07-2005, 11:37 PM
:classic: They did it, its black ,and fits into a small retangular notch on the top of the clones back plate armor, just below the neck line. The antena shoots out from behind the clones left side.

Fluke Skywalker
05-08-2005, 01:38 AM
Sweet. I've passed on the #6 Clonetrooper (except for one to keep carded), because I wanted to army build (Well, maybe platoon build is more like it) with about 10 or so of the #41, which look much better IMO.

#6 has been easy to find and is still plentiful at a few stores. I hope #41 ships at least as many. :nerv:

Kidhuman
05-08-2005, 02:25 AM
I just want to find more than one of these. I hope Hasbro learned a lesson from the SA CW Clone

seanmcfripp
05-08-2005, 09:13 AM
I should warn people...#41 and the Target exclusive Clone are slightly different:

- The Target Clone's head/helmet has a nice deep ball socket, which allows for the helmet to sit low to the shoulders. #41 has a shallow socket, which causes the helmet to sit much higher, even to the point that the ball joint is exposed. While #41 has more neck mobility, I feel that the Target Clone looks more film accurate.

- #41 seems to have the clicky ratchet universal joints at the shoulders, elbows and knees found on the Clone Commander. The Target Clone's are smooth, just like the original Clone Wars SA Clone Trooper.

- #41's right hand is the same as the Clone Commander, while the Target Clone has the same pointing index finger as the original Clone Wars SA Clone Trooper.

- #41 has a new belt that sports a larger detonation device on the back. Some of the other utility pouches are different as well. The Target Clone is exactly the same as the original SA Clone.

- #41 seems to have a slightly retooled lower torso, which now has a toungue piece that fits in a groove on the belt, which keeps it from "spinning" around and keeps it oriented in the same direction. The Target Clone has the same free spinning belt as the original SA Clone.

- Now this next one is tough to explain, but I'll try. #41's right knee doesn't allow for the leg to be placed in a fully erect "straight" position, very much like the Clone Commander. The Target Clone is just like the original SA Clone and can straighten his leg just fine. The knee pad on #41 and the Clone Commander is much thicker in the area that sits flush against the knee. As far as I can tell, this may just be from mold expansion, but it is a considerable difference.

- #41 is much whiter, more in line with the Clone Commander. The Target Clone is a bit duller, like the original SA Clone.

- Obiously, #41 has the antannae, but doesn't come with a rifle version of the DC-15 blaster. The Target Clone has both versions of the DC-15.

That's pretty much it. I like the Target Clone much better. The head sits much to high on #41 IMOH. It wouldn't be so bad if they had painted the lower half of the ball joint black, like they did with the original SA Clone, but they didn't, and the ball joint really sticks out like a sore thumb. #41's right knee really bugs me too.

fyifoff
05-08-2005, 09:20 AM
When did these hit the shelves????!!!

I was there on Star Wars Days, draging my wife. So I have now one, but TWO Darth Vader Lava. :greedy: :crazed: lol :D got the Star Wars cups with figures, preety cool. Finished my Galactic heroes search, BUT the jerks working there didn't tell me about to SUPER CLONE TROOPER :confused:

AND NOW I"M MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :ermm: :Pirate:

ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!

ps ggrrrrrrrr!
:mad:

Zabbaca
05-08-2005, 12:23 PM
:D Well I got the Walmat Exclusive Dart Vader collector case with two action figures, one being Anakin and the other a clone. :eek: Now I gotta say I didnít pick the collector case at Wal-Mart, but at the Happiest Place on Earth DISNEYLAND!!! And to my surprise the clone that came with the case was the old super articulated clone from AOTC! :crazed: Now I have both of the super articulated clones to compare, and I see some differences in the sculptures of the bodies. You can see major differences in the construction of the torso joint and the belt of the two figures.
:classic: Hasbro would be wise to put out a three figure set, sort of documenting the evolution of the Clones to Storm Troopers, but make all of the figures super articulated!

Bacta Beast
05-08-2005, 01:42 PM
When did these hit the shelves????!!!

I was there on Star Wars Days, draging my wife. So I have now one, but TWO Darth Vader Lava. :greedy: :crazed: lol :D got the Star Wars cups with figures, preety cool. Finished my Galactic heroes search, BUT the jerks working there didn't tell me about to SUPER CLONE TROOPER :confused:

AND NOW I"M MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :ermm: :Pirate:

ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!

ps ggrrrrrrrr!
:mad:

Don't feel to angry, the Clone wasn't available on the first night like the Lava Vader. He has just begun to hit shelves, and Target in raping us with the $12.99 price tag.

samskull
05-09-2005, 03:08 PM
There is a Clone Trooper Evolution set coming out with a EP II and III clones and a Sandtrooper. This is available NOW at Amazon.com for pre-order - $19.99. The Hasbro reps claim these figs will be "super articulated."

We'll see.

spang2005
05-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Is the episode III clone in this pack supposed to be a new Commander Bly, or just a re-painted Clone Commander?

Sith Lord 0498
05-09-2005, 09:11 PM
Is the episode III clone in this pack supposed to be a new Commander Bly, or just a re-painted Clone Commander?

It is a repainted Clone Commander. However, the comic adaptation shows Aayla Secura calling that same yellow Clone Commander "Bly." So, I suppose the answer is "yes" to both. :D

Zabbaca
05-09-2005, 10:38 PM
:D Right on I ordered my set today! Wow I can't believe that Hasbro finally got some good ideas! :classic: Now they only need to work on my idea to have special versions of the vehicles tricked out by ILM effects crew members, you know to make the Hasbro vehicles look more like the real movie props.

samskull
05-10-2005, 07:37 AM
Rebelscum has a Celebration 3 preview of the figure at: http://www.rebelscum.com/gallery/c3/hasbro-042205/image21.asp

You can see that he looks basically the same as Red Clone Commander except for his right arm has an armband instead of his left, his cape is without the straps in front, and no head visor. And the paint scheme is obviously different. Articulation looks the same.

The sandtrooper is here:
http://www.rebelscum.com/gallery/c3/hasbro-042205/image23.asp

The Episode II clone is here:
http://www.rebelscum.com/gallery/c3/hasbro-042205/image25.asp

Enjoy.

AmanaMatt
05-11-2005, 10:07 PM
Man, of all the days to have a car issue...every Target in my area had the new Clone Trooper #41 wave today....found them all on the shelf except for the clone trooper (of course); I passed on all of the figs - I wanted the Wookie, but after looking at the fig in person, he is pretty darn awful. Hasbro has dropped the ball when it comes to the Wookie figs - the same cannot be said for the clone troopers, and I sure want #41......he looks pretty snazzy.

sith_killer_99
05-11-2005, 10:14 PM
Well, I got lucky tonight. I went to Target and found the new Wookie Warrior and a couple of the Target exclusive Clones.

Then I went over to Wal-Mart...what a mess! I spent about 15 minutes putting figures back on the pegs and straightening them out, when out of nowhere I come across #41 Clone! None of the other figures from the new wave, just one lone SA Clone! Sweet! :D He was hidden behind the vehicles (Anakin/Obi-Wan Starfighters).

CrunchyNug
05-12-2005, 12:20 AM
Found one #41 this morning at my favorite L.A. Target. There must have been only ONE case put out...lucky me. You should have seen the look on the scalpers' faces when I pulled him off the peg. It was like I was holding the Holy Grail or something. Got to be quick!!!

Hellboy
05-12-2005, 03:52 PM
I've been running into this figure for the past couple of weeks now, easily the best ROTS Clone Trooper available. :cool:

I was playing around with my troopers and decided to take the AT-TE Gunner's helmet cover and shoulder strap/pauldron off and put it on a few of my SA Clone Troopers and BAM I've got some super articulated gunners now. :D Probably the easiest custom you could ever do and the SA Clone's antenna really compliments the gunner's gear too.

AmanaMatt
05-12-2005, 05:20 PM
Cool thing about my area, there are a lot of Targets and Wallmarts....went to some of my fav Targets and scored the #41 Clone - very nice fig. I have since customized my #6 Clone with the Clone gunner's head and have a real nice rem helmet standard clone trooper. Of all the Clones, the gunner is weakest.