PDA

View Full Version : CA Lottery SW coins. (merged)

Turbowars
05-07-2005, 08:18 PM
My wife brought home Luke and Leia today. They are kind of cool. On one side there's a relief of the character and on the other there's a SW Logo. I believe there are 6 in the set. Luke, Leia, Vader, R2, 3PO, and Yoda. Luke's coin is copper and Leia's is silver. The deal is you have to purchase a $2 scratcher and then you can buy the coins for $1 each. Who knows maybe other places are selling them outright.

2-1B
05-07-2005, 09:45 PM
These sound cool, like something I might want to collect. I need to search for a Cali Lotto website or something to see if there are any pics. Unless anybody else knows of some pics ?

Turbowars
05-07-2005, 09:59 PM
Star Wars Collectors Coins

Star Wars collector coins are on sale now at a Lottery retailer near you. This limited edition set of six coins contains images of Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Darth Vader, C-3PO and R2-D2 and are only available at participating retailers. http://www.calottery.com/images/games/scratchers/twodollar/StarWars/coinset.jpg These coins, available when you buy any Star Wars Scratchers ticket at a participating retailer, are being released two at a time through the month of May. The first two (Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia) will be available in early May, the next two (Darth Vader and R2-D2) in mid May and the last two (Yoda and C-3PO) in late May. Check back on May 10th for a searchable list of participating retailers.

2-1B
05-07-2005, 10:02 PM
thanks Turbs, those are kind of cool. So the backside has the classic SW logo, eh ? Awesome.

evenflow
05-07-2005, 10:10 PM
That soundsd awesome, I want them.

Turbowars
05-07-2005, 10:13 PM
Yeah, the back has the old Star Wars on it in big lettering and at the bottom it reads 2005 Lucasfilm LTD.&TM. They also come in a cheesy little clear slip case with a flap.

ShadowProjectX
05-08-2005, 06:08 PM
Any one buy lotto tickets yet and actually get these coins? What places are selling them, and how much in addition to the lotto ticket?

Thanks!

evenflow
05-08-2005, 10:43 PM
I think the coins are 1.00 if you buy a lottery ticket. There are six coins, exclusive to CA. :(

JediTricks
05-13-2005, 03:37 AM
I picked up some tix and 4 coins tonight, and the site's release order of the coins is wrong, the store had Luke, Leia, R2 and Yoda, but no Vader or 3PO. I was surprised at how big these coins are, I was expecting like dime-to-nickel sizes at the most, these things are like a half-dollar or so. R2 and Yoda have some wear on their finishes on the faces even though they're still in the plastic pouches, I didn't really get a chance to say anything about that though. Like a dope, I bought these for a friend and because I was low on funds, didn't get a set for myself, it didn't occur to me to just spend the $4 more until it was too late.

stillakid
05-14-2005, 12:44 AM
Man, I can't find these anywhere. I've hit 4 7-Elevens in the Valley and they all look at me like I'm from Mars. They all have these stupid sports coins and point at those, at which I repeat for the tenth time that I am looking for the STAR WARS coins. Apparently "Star Wars" doesn't translate into Arabic very well. :mad:

Turbowars
05-14-2005, 12:48 AM
Man, I can't find these anywhere. I've hit 4 7-Elevens in the Valley and they all look at me like I'm from Mars. They all have these stupid sports coins and point at those, at which I repeat for the tenth time that I am looking for the STAR WARS coins. Apparently "Star Wars" doesn't translate into Arabic very well. :mad:Aero on Burbank has them.

JediTricks
05-15-2005, 08:04 PM
Man, I can't find these anywhere. I've hit 4 7-Elevens in the Valley and they all look at me like I'm from Mars. They all have these stupid sports coins and point at those, at which I repeat for the tenth time that I am looking for the STAR WARS coins. Apparently "Star Wars" doesn't translate into Arabic very well. :mad:
The Lottery website has a list of participating retailers. The one I went to had the coints taped to the inside of the lottery ticket case.

Turbowars
05-15-2005, 08:18 PM
That's a trip, no 7-11's in Burbank are selling them. Just 3 locations. :confused:

BlueSnags
05-15-2005, 09:05 PM
Have found Luke, Leia, R2, and Yoda so far. They are pretty cool.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-15-2005, 10:36 PM
The store I went to last week was great. I thought you had to buy a $2 Scratcher to get one coin (i.e. a total of $3 per coin with ticket, for a grand total of $18 for the set :greedy: ), but he said they were just $1 each, with no other items necessary to buy. I got the first four (he said the last two, Vader and Threepio, are due out this week), and I said, heck, give me a scratcher, too. His answer? We're out of them. Maybe that's why he sold them the way he did. :confused: Mine were a little dinged up, too, even inside the plastic cases.

stillakid
05-16-2005, 01:04 AM
On the way out of town to go camping this weekend, we popped into a deli/market that I had never been to before at White Oak and Vanowen and what do you know? They have the coins. I got Leia, Luke, R2, and Yoda all for a buck each no other purchase required. Guess I'll have to revisit that place frequently from now on. Great Italian sub too! :classic:

evenflow
05-16-2005, 06:45 PM
Well I got the first 2 in the mail that I bought from ebay, and I just bought the second 2. I guess next week i will try and buy the last 2.

Turbowars
05-17-2005, 08:43 PM
A friend at work pick me up a R2 and Yoda today, so I just Vadern and 3PO are left.

BTW what are these things selling on e-bay for? Curious how much collectors are getting the shaft.

BlueSnags
05-18-2005, 12:34 AM
A friend at work pick me up a R2 and Yoda today, so I just Vadern and 3PO are left.

BTW what are these things selling on e-bay for? Curious how much collectors are getting the shaft.

Looks like they are going for around 4-5 bucks a piece.

HRnB
05-18-2005, 05:36 PM
I didn't have to buy any lottery tickets, I just paid a buck each for the coins. After I bought the Darth Vader coin, the next day a guy told me they made a mistake and made a small amount of the DV coins in gold. I said mine is gold and he didn't believe me. When he saw it he offered me 40 bux, so I figured it might be a big deal so I hung on to it. Has anyone heard about this? I went down the next day to get more and the guy at the store said the vendor came in and pulled all of the gold DV coins and replaced them with silver. WOOT! for once I got lucky. :D

Here's a pic.

HRnB
05-18-2005, 05:41 PM
Sorry for the double post. But the last one only let me post one pic. Here are the coins I have so far. The other two aren't available in my area yet.

r2d2c3po
05-18-2005, 07:48 PM
You one lucky guy man

HRnB
05-19-2005, 12:44 AM
Update, I just got the R2D2 coin today. The C-3PO will be available within a week. I bought triples of all the coins, except only one gold DV coin. *shakes fists at the sky and yells, GOLD!* :evil:

Bel-Cam Jos
01-03-2014, 06:29 PM
Ba-bump!

I won an online auction for what was labeled as "Star Wars ornaments." They were these same CA Lotto coins, of which I thought I never found the Vader or Threepio ones, and the free shipping auction was a cheap deal. Turns out I did get the 6-coin set at some point. They're still decent items, of which I now have a duplicate set.

Turbowars
01-04-2014, 03:54 PM
Damn, I think these are still sliding around at the bottom of my desk drawer.

2-1B
03-05-2014, 02:29 PM
Damn, I think these are still sliding around at the bottom of my desk drawer.

And I never did track these down on the aftermarket.
Although after reading BC3's post, maybe I can scoop up a set after all...
And hey it's nice to read some posts from stillakid again. :)

Bel-Cam Jos
03-05-2014, 07:21 PM
And I never did track these down on the aftermarket.
Although after reading BC3's post, maybe I can scoop up a set after all...
And hey it's nice to read some posts from stillakid again. :)Want a set? I know a guy who knows a guy who knows me.
Surfing through old threads is fun, and nostalgic, too... ahhhhhh...