PDA

View Full Version : Brians toys the enemy, vote them off (merged)

eshulmire
05-09-2005, 03:05 PM
I was at several targets in sac ca on the fifth and the eighth of May 2 apparent release dates for the super articulated clone trooper exclusive. I found zero on both days. I was at the Madison ave store at 8am as per target guest relations who had spoke to the store and assured me they would be available on Sunday may 8th. When i went to the toy section with fellow collectors to get the exclusive clone trooper there were none in stock. I then went to eight target stores in my area a found zero along with the fact after speaking to rude employees found out that they received zero or had already sold them prior to the release date. In fact, i had found out the some people were buying them by the case. Going on line to brains toys, com, and finding an exclusive to target stores there for 39.99 was totally disgusting. I have contacted Hasbro @ 1-800-327-8264 and Lucas film @ 415-662-1962 to complain and I :mad: urge you to do the same. I can see Brian getting these items in and selling them over time but to get them in before and the day of the release date and not have them available at target is just wrong .You know what must be done !

eshulmire
05-09-2005, 03:06 PM
I was at several targets in sac ca on the fifth and the eighth of May 2 apparent release dates for the super articulated clone trooper exclusive. I found zero on both days. I was at the Madison ave store at 8am as per target guest relations who had spoke to the store and assured me they would be available on Sunday may 8th. When i went to the toy section with fellow collectors to get the exclusive clone trooper there were none in stock. I then went to eight target stores in my area a found zero along with the fact after speaking to rude employees found out that they received zero or had already sold them prior to the release date. In fact, i had found out the some people were buying them by the case. Going on line to brains toys, com, and finding an exclusive to target stores there for 39.99 was totally disgusting. I have contacted Hasbro @ 1-800-327-8264 and Lucas film @ 415-662-1962 to complain and I :mad: urge you to do the same. I can see Brian getting these items in and selling them over time but to get them in before and the day of the release date and not have them available at target is just wrong !You know what must be done !

sith_killer_99
05-09-2005, 04:43 PM
There was no official "street date" for the Target Clone. The 8th of May was when it was due to replace the Lava Darth Vader on the pegs. Some store sold them before that date, some waited, it was at their discretion.

I am sorry to hear about your difficulty finding this figure. Have you tried looking it up at the stores with the DCPI code?

eshulmire
05-09-2005, 04:50 PM
Wrong and dont defend them! Brians toys is the enemy and so is target they really suck. you must have a lava vader and clone trooper must be nice right sith killer? :D

Ji'dai
05-09-2005, 05:17 PM
I don't even have a Target in my area, so I can't really blame that company because I don't an opportunity to buy product exclusively sold there. I think the real problem here is Hasbro. I personally don't care for exclusives, I feel by creating exclusive product Hasbro is ****ing on their customer base. By limiting product to a certain venue it artificially inflates demand so that unscrupulous profiteering is often unavoidable.

Exclusives have the opposite effect on me and my collecting habits. Instead of motivating me to patronize the exclusive holders in an effect to secure the exclusive, they actually adversely affect my enthusiasm for collecting the entire product line. I may no longer be a completist, but I prefer to make that choice myself, rather than a company's de facto decision to limit product in such a way that I don't even have the opportunity to make the decision to buy or not. The only real way to get Hasbro's attention is to stop collecting entirely. And I'm pretty close to doing that right now.

eshulmire
05-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Since the only place to get, an exclusive clone trooper appears to be Brains toys and not target. And he is selling them for a outrageous price of 39.99 plush sipping I think we should ask sir Steveís guide to stop allowing him to advertise on this site. Letís ask Steve for a poll so we can vote. Lets see if sir Steve is for the collectors or the greedy dealers. :evil:

eshulmire
05-09-2005, 05:51 PM
Ji'dai
I am angry because of the treatment and the stupidity of the employees at target. I spoke with a district manager today Lisa and basically found out that they donít care and donít really like collectors anyway, She said that they run through the stores at 8 am and upset the target employees .Well i am usually at work at 8 am and when i do go to the stores i donít run. Lisa stated that she would like to quit selling it all together and i whish they would. What really makes me mad is to see Brianís toys with them @ 39.99 before they were even supposed to be available at target. :dis:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-09-2005, 05:55 PM
If you don't like their prices, don't buy from them. You won't get them off the site at all, that i can pretty much promise you. Sorry about your luck though. I got mine off the net for 17.99 and that is higher than retail, but i'm content with it. :D

WesleySr
05-09-2005, 06:11 PM
I agree with you eshulmire. These exclusives are getting out of control. What really aggrevates me about Target is that their collector policies are not consistent from store to store. One store limits quantites while another will allow someone to buy the same figure by the case. Some stores won't stock particular items during open hours and other stores will. They don't seem to care that their employees are buying the exclusives before they even hit the shelves and then selling them on ebay or to people like Brian's Toys. It makes me sick when I go to a hobby shop and find figures that are store exclusives and they are selling them by the cases. I was lucky enough to get the Target Vader & Clone Trooper, but I have missed several Target exclusives in the past due to this. Why is it that online exclusives never seem to run out? You can go online right now and probably find the shuttle, sandcrawler, or clone trooper 4-packs at cheap prices. And what really ****es me of concerns Wal-Mart. Here they are the largest retailer in the nation, and they get the crappiest exclusive. "OOH!!! WOW!!! Look at our empty box exclusive that we are now having to put on clearance to get out of our stores." Why can't they get the exclusive figures and give Target the crappy exclusives? I have had the best luck finding exclusives @ WM compared to TRU & Target. Oh well.

plasticfetish
05-09-2005, 06:45 PM
OK. :)

First up eshulmire, I can empathize with your frustration. I never saw a Lava Vader (though I didn't try because I thought it was lame) and I've yet to see one of these "exclusive" clones.

Second, I've always figured that this section of the forums was really for "comments/suggestions/problems" that pertain to SirSteve'sGuide -- not Brian's Toys or Target -- and we didn't really need two threads back to back about this.

With that said, my only question is... you're not blaming Brian's Toys (who are in Wisconsin I think?) for the fact that you can't find a toy in Sacramento are you? Because...

I spoke with a district manager today Lisa and basically found out that they don't care and don't really like collectors anyway, She said that they run through the stores at 8 am and upset the target employees....if that's true, I can only imagine how annoyed District Manager Lisa was when she got your phone call.

I agree. Places like Brian's Toys are charging ridiculous prices for new and desirable Star Wars items. They charge what they feel the market can bare, and your choice is to either buy from them, or tough it out patiently and hope to find whatever you want some place else and some other time for a better price.

Fact #1: District Manager Lisa doesn't care about your toy collection.
Fact #2: Brian's Toys doesn't care about your toy collection -- I mean, they aren't Habitat for Humanity, and they aren't doing what they do just to make the world a better place.
Fact #3: Very few people are going to care about your toy collection outside of these forums :) so get used to seeing the Target employees roll their eyes when you come around looking for something specific.

Advice: Leave Lisa alone. Ignore the overpriced shops and eBay scalpers. Try to find some joy in the challenges that come from being a toy collector.

Monstermile
05-09-2005, 07:18 PM
If people wouldn't frequent places like Brian's or scalpers on ebay then that would be the start to solving this problem. Those sellers feed off of impatience and frustration. If people would not buy from them, eventually they are going to be sitting a boatload of stock that is not moving. Eventually they will get the hint that people don't want the items bad enough to pay their prices and next time they will leave them on the pegs or not buy every case they can find..

Oh and another piece of advice on the Clone Trooper. Wait. They will probably appear on target.com at some time.

moulman
05-09-2005, 07:55 PM
heh, thought this would get yanked off due to the fact that BToys.com is a sponsor of SSG-anyways; its not like Brians toys flew to Sacremento and bought all of your clone troopers...I can sympathize with you though, I know how dissapointing it is when you dont get the figure you want...

May I suggest finding the DCPI number for the clone trooper? I cant remember it off the top of my head, but if you have one of the people at Target punch the code into their pricegun, it should say how many they have on the floor, as well as in the stockroom..

LusiferSam
05-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Learn some GD patience kids. If you could wait a couple years the price will fall and you can get it for less, a lot less in many cases. After all when was the last time you saw hard to find E1 items going for big bucks (not the super rare stuff)? The key to collecting is something is only worth what you're willing to pay for it.

plasticfetish hit the nail on the head. Fellow his advice and I think you'll be happier. Other wise be bitter elsewhere where they might care.

eshulmire
05-09-2005, 08:15 PM
First, I do not care about Lisa and her problems because she is a ***** and i am tremendously ****ed off second this is about customer service maybe too much for you to understand however, I work in the customer service industry and I take care of my customers. Third, I do not care about your collection either. Fourth, I am tired of trying to complete collections and having to pay 3 to 4 times the amount of what it cost. Fifth I am trying to do something about it are you? :D

eshulmire
05-09-2005, 08:25 PM
Well I am disappointed. I would think with all the problems collectors have that you at sir Steveís would not be part of the problem but part of the solution. You allowing Brianís toys to be a sponsor only makes my point for me. You donít care as long as you get your pockets lined with money. I on the other hand want to solve these issues all together. If we donít start trying to stand up for our selves then we continue to get walked on by Hasbro target brains toys etc. I would not be upset if I did not see the figure for 39.99 or would have seen a few in my local stores. When you at sir Steveís allow these types of advertisers on your site you inflate the problem even more. :frus:

DarkArtist
05-09-2005, 08:31 PM
Brian's Toys have always been overpriced. As far as Target, there is really no rules that say a person cannot buy a case of figures as long as the associates are willing to sell them.

Sith Lord 0498
05-09-2005, 09:31 PM
Well I am disappointed. I would think with all the problems collectors have that you at sir Steveís would not be part of the problem but part of the solution. You allowing Brianís toys to be a sponsor only makes my point for me. You donít care as long as you get your pockets lined with money. I on the other hand want to solve these issues all together. If we donít start trying to stand up for our selves then we continue to get walked on by Hasbro target brains toys etc. I would not be upset if I did not see the figure for 39.99 or would have seen a few in my local stores. When you at sir Steveís allow these types of advertisers on your site you inflate the problem even more. :frus:

Sorry, but I can't bring myself to agree with you at all. I am absolutely amazed that your concept of wanting to "solve these issues all together" is to:

1) lace entire posts with needless profanity (I can't figure out if you're putting in the asterisks, the mods are, or the software automatically does it)

2) lash out at other forumites because they don't agree with you all the time

3) rant like a lunatic to Target's executive personnel

Do you really think you're a posterboy for advocating collectors??? I wouldn't be surprised if you caused more people to have a stereotypical, negative view of collectors.

I can only speak for myself when I say this:

I'm really getting sick of listening to your profanity-laced tirades and berating of fellow collectors. Keep the rage in check, buddy, or you're going to find yourself universally ostracized around here. Although, judging from your comments, I have no idea why you're still here. You apparently seem to think we're "part of the problem."

Now, for a more mature, responsible approach to getting our message across to Target (or any other store for that matter), what does everyone think about this:

1) Create a "form letter" from the SW collecting world in general. It would address our concerns, some negative experiences, and what we'd like to see happen.

2) If possible, digitally scan Target receipts that show how much money we spend on SW merchandise at their stores and indicate that we would be happy to spend this money at TRU, WM, or somewhere else that is friendlier. Even better would be to include receipts of their other products that we buy either separately or during the same trip as a SW run.

3) Of course, we'd be expected to electronically sign it with our names and e-mail addresses, but I think it might drive the point home further if each of us includes our city/state and the Target store(s) closest to us.

moulman
05-09-2005, 09:32 PM
You allowing Brianís toys to be a sponsor only makes my point for me. You donít care as long as you get your pockets lined with money. I on the other hand want to solve these issues all together

Hey bud, w/o sponsors like Brians toys, we would probably have to pay to post on this website. SSG needs moeny ya know

sith_killer_99
05-09-2005, 10:05 PM
Wrong and dont defend them!

How am I wrong here? Do you not frequent RS? Check this out:

1. May 8th was the revision date, not the release date. That means that the 8th is when the Clone officially replaces the Lava Vader on the pegs. A revision date is the first day of the week that this is to be completed. So stores have all this week to make that change.

http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=92171

I have not defended Brian's Toys. I exercise my right not to buy from them, so they don't get one red cent from me! I hate their high prices, as do many people here, but hey, if they want to sponsor the site and save me from having to pay for it's use, so be it. The way I see it, I make out ahead.

Brians toys is the enemy and so is target they really suck.

Brian's Toys may well be the enemy, I won't argue with you, I was at CIII when they were buying up the CIII Vaders and now I am sure they are charging twice what they paid for them.

My local Target has done things right for collectors from day one. They were fair in handing out tickets to customers for the Lava Vader before the store opened, and even had their security guard taking tickets and handing out the Vaders.

A couple of weeks ago another user on this site posted the DCPI code for the Clone Trooper and when I went to my local Target they were nice enough to go in the back and pull a couple for me, one MOMC and one to open.

you must have a lava vader and clone trooper must be nice right sith killer?

Actually it is nice. :p

Just like it was nice of KIDD to post the number, it was nice of the folks at Target to help me out and I have always tried to be nice in return. I picked up a couple of CIII Vaders for people here on the boards at cost because we are a community and we try to help each other out when we can.

I agree that exclusives are a real pain. I wish Hasbro wouldn't put us through all this trouble, I sat outside in the cold rain for 3 hours waiting to get my Lava Vader. :rolleyes: Aside from the fact that scalpers are trying to jack up the prices on everyone, they were over priced to begin with $12.99 for a basic figure, even in a protective case it's more than double what it should be.

IMO, the best way to stop guys like Brian's Toys is to simply not buy from them. Telling Steve, or anyone else here not to accept advertising money from them is a bit rediculous if you ask me. They are everywhere, Toy Fare, Lee's, etc. etc. One little site like SSG.com won't make any difference, believe me.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-09-2005, 10:43 PM
When I started collecting in 1999, Brian's Toys was the site I used to help me fill in the POTF2 figures I had missed and couldn't find in the stores anymore. The prices for most of them weren't too bad. Since then, I've not bought much from there because most of the figures I wanted were priced pretty high. I'd continue to hold out hope for finding them in the store. I'd usually only resort to buying from there after the line had ended and I still couldn't find the figure. I think my most recent purchase from there was Ephant Mon. Every time I checked any of the other sponsors on this site, they usually had better prices, but I could never find Ephant Mon.

sith_killer_99
05-09-2005, 10:47 PM
WOW, no Ephant?!?! I wish I had known. My local KB Toys had a bunch of Ephant Mon's on clearance for $2.99 several months back.

eshulmire
05-09-2005, 11:42 PM
Well first off I have done all this I have the dpci(087061489) number and I was really nice to target store employees until a few months ago when my 9 year old son a fellow collector asked the person working in toys a question regarding the bobba fett exclusive ship .His question was how come bobba fett is missing the missile on his jet pack and would he be able to get a replacement. She must have thought that I was not related due to the fact my wife is native American and I am white he doest look much like me. She went off on my son and was surprised at my reaction when I called her on it.Then she said loud and clear I hate ****ing collectors. So needless to say I was angry and reported it to the manager on duty who ranted the collector policy back to me. I am appalled at there customer service and yes its personnel I was also told by guest relations that they would be released on the 8th of may so my son excited to get one and I went to the store to be even more disappointed.So you at sir steves tell me how would you feel ? I would gladly send you a check every month to help keep the site running. If I am angry its because I have been doing this for years and target by far is the hardest store to get exclusives from.I am sorry to have offended anyone but right is right and wrong is wrong there is no black and white! :(

Mad Slanted Powers
05-09-2005, 11:52 PM
WOW, no Ephant?!?! I wish I had known. My local KB Toys had a bunch of Ephant Mon's on clearance for $2.99 several months back.

Never saw one. Plus, our KB closed a couple years ago. I made a couple trips south about 30 miles to where there still is a KB and never saw anything there either. I've not been down there lately though to see what they have of the newer stuff.

The last wave of a line are usually the figures I can't find. Swimming Jar Jar, Sio Bibble, Queen Amidala with ascension gun, Bo Shek, R4-M9, R2-Q5 are all figures I had to get from Brian's Toys. Then not long ago I see the Bo Shek wave at TRU. I didn't wait too long on some 2003 Saga figs like Lars Homestead Padme and Bail Organa, but those were at a decent price from Kebco.

sith_killer_99
05-09-2005, 11:57 PM
I understand where you are coming from. There are a lot of Target's that hide behind that "Collector's" policy. I consider myself fortunate that the folks out here are much nicer to collectors. I have heard a lot of horror stories about collectors getting the cold sholder at Target. :(

I don't offend easily. ;) It's all good, lots of people come here to vent frustrations. Unfortunatly this seems to be the year of "exclusives"; Wal-Mart, Target, TRU, KB Toys, K-Mart even Entertainment Earth got a Star Wars exclusive. :rolleyes: So long as there are exclusives there will be some dirty scalper trying to make a buck off of honest collectors. :(

Joshkj
05-10-2005, 12:00 AM
Just a side note"Brian" is a collector too, and April has come and gone, he has bills to pay off now too. I actually found a book writen by him called "Everything you need to know about Starwars collecting" in my high school library!

Kidhuman
05-10-2005, 12:00 AM
Easy solve eshulmire, dont go into Target. Problem solved.

sith_killer_99
05-10-2005, 12:53 AM
Yeah, I bought Brian's book years ago, that's where I first heard about Brian's Toys! It's pretty good too, one of only 3 "Star Wars Collectors" books I have.

2-1B
05-10-2005, 01:23 AM
I'll say just this much and then I'll shut up so as to not start a fight: :)

I have no problem with razzing some scalpers or whatever but come on, yelling at SirSteve to ban somebody as a sponsor when they aren't doing anything illegal, well that's ridiculous. Unless there is blood on the sponsor's money, I hope Steve will take whatever he can get to keep the doors open in this joint. :)

melanie-cat
05-10-2005, 02:56 AM
Oh my god! you guys are a bunch of pigs! do you always eat your young?Brian's toys is a problem and I hate target too they are mean and rude to people.I cant believe you guys beating up on eshulmire like that what is your problem? I am going to take his advice and complain to Lucas film and Hasbro too and I suggest you do the same.Oh my god you are all probably scalpers! what are you Brians's toys personnel spokes people?are you all on his pay roll too? I am a girl and the employees at target treat me horribly. I hope you guys don't have any kids who get disappointed because everybody at target are a bunch of liars. you guys disgust me.Just like a bunch of dogs with there tail between there legs.You have no back bone and just like dogs gang up on people.I thought this was a cool collector friendly website wow I was wrong.I think Brian should have no problem paying the bills have you looked at his prices? And you should be ashamed of yourselves at sir Steves because the money you take from Brian's toys is off of the backs of collectors.And that makes you just as guilty.And if you cant understand that then you should read up on ethics,something you guys seem to be lacking in.Maybe we need a name change from Sir Steve's Guide to SIr Brian's Guide.You dirty dogs!

2-1B
05-10-2005, 04:36 AM
Like, ohmygod, you're like, totally almost believable as being a girl, like you know ?
Like, you should really try complaining to Lucasfilm and everything, they'll you know totally listen to you and stuff. Hey how was prom ?

lol lol lol lol lol

ROTJLuke
05-10-2005, 08:52 AM
OK. :)

First up eshulmire, I can empathize with your frustration. I never saw a Lava Vader (though I didn't try because I thought it was lame) and I've yet to see one of these "exclusive" clones.

Second, I've always figured that this section of the forums was really for "comments/suggestions/problems" that pertain to SirSteve'sGuide -- not Brian's Toys or Target -- and we didn't really need two threads back to back about this.

With that said, my only question is... you're not blaming Brian's Toys (who are in Wisconsin I think?) for the fact that you can't find a toy in Sacramento are you? Because...
...if that's true, I can only imagine how annoyed District Manager Lisa was when she got your phone call.

I agree. Places like Brian's Toys are charging ridiculous prices for new and desirable Star Wars items. They charge what they feel the market can bare, and your choice is to either buy from them, or tough it out patiently and hope to find whatever you want some place else and some other time for a better price.

Fact #1: District Manager Lisa doesn't care about your toy collection.
Fact #2: Brian's Toys doesn't care about your toy collection -- I mean, they aren't Habitat for Humanity, and they aren't doing what they do just to make the world a better place.
Fact #3: Very few people are going to care about your toy collection outside of these forums :) so get used to seeing the Target employees roll their eyes when you come around looking for something specific.

Advice: Leave Lisa alone. Ignore the overpriced shops and eBay scalpers. Try to find some joy in the challenges that come from being a toy collector.

agreed!! :D :D

dindae
05-10-2005, 09:39 AM
Well if it is a vote I vote to keep them. Look Brian's has been around a long time. Everyone here know they are the most expensive place to find anything but he has it. That is his place. I think I bought one thing from him years ago but now I know better. If you look on ebay you will find anything cheaper then at Brian's. The reason is that he buys from collectors. Since we don't want to sell our toys cheap he can't buy them cheap. Since he can't buy them cheap he has to sell them them for even more inflated prices. As far as Target's policy it's there because as a whole collector's are so hard to please that there is no way to please all of them. Even if Hasbro mail every figure to every collector for free there would still be a couple of whiners that complain because some of their card got bent in the shipping process. I remember reading that toys was the least profittable section in department stores. Plus most collector's will come back regardless of how they are treated simply because it is a cheap place to pick up figures. I've heard collectors swear off stores all the time but I'm sure at the slightest hint that new figures are there they will go back. So my suggestion don't ask your Target for help since they obviously don't want to anyway. Get over it.

CaptainSolo1138
05-10-2005, 11:30 AM
Having worked at Target, I'll not rip their customer service ON THE SALES FLOOR. They're usually the most helpful and they make the least amount of money in the store (cart attendants start out making more). But, their "higher-ups" and guest service desk leave much to be desired. It's simple why Target isn't exactly nice to collectors: They would much rather put the time and effort into the family who is in there buying a patio set, portable basketball hoop, bicycles, and other assorted "big ticket" items. Put yourself in Mr. Target's shoes. Would you rather put up with Star Wars collector guy who wants you to run your *** off for a $15 purchase or Mr.+ Mrs. Nuclearfamily, who are in the process of dropping a grand (AND will probably get a Target RedCard to save the 10%, in turn helping the store reach it's weekly goal)? I collect so it's not that I don't understand. But some people need to realize that just because you collect Star Wars toys, the world doesn't revolve around you.

sith_killer_99
05-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Oh my god! you guys are a bunch of pigs! do you always eat your young?Brian's toys is a problem and I hate target too they are mean and rude to people.I cant believe you guys beating up on eshulmire like that what is your problem? I am going to take his advice and complain to Lucas film and Hasbro too and I suggest you do the same.Oh my god you are all probably scalpers! what are you Brians's toys personnel spokes people?are you all on his pay roll too? I am a girl and the employees at target treat me horribly. I hope you guys don't have any kids who get disappointed because everybody at target are a bunch of liars. you guys disgust me.Just like a bunch of dogs with there tail between there legs.You have no back bone and just like dogs gang up on people.I thought this was a cool collector friendly website wow I was wrong.I think Brian should have no problem paying the bills have you looked at his prices? And you should be ashamed of yourselves at sir Steves because the money you take from Brian's toys is off of the backs of collectors.And that makes you just as guilty.And if you cant understand that then you should read up on ethics,something you guys seem to be lacking in.Maybe we need a name change from Sir Steve's Guide to SIr Brian's Guide.You dirty dogs!

Yes, yes, we are all so mean and cruel for having our own opinions and voicing them. Yes we eat our young and devour our kindred collectors and we are all scalpers. :rolleyes:

Seriously, guys why does this always happen? It seems like every time a new film is getting ready to come out these people come out of the wood work to frequent these sites and while some become great new members others just want to start flame wars!?!?

melanie-cat, noone here is jumping all over eshulmire, many of us agree and dislike Brian's Toys and all these exclusives as much as he does. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I have expressed mine and I stand by it.

If you want to be a sincere member of the forums, then welcome! :D

However, if all you want to do is start a stupid flame war, you will most likely end up being ignored or banned outright.

I hope it is the former not the latter.

LusiferSam
05-10-2005, 12:06 PM
Oh my god you are all probably scalpers!
I guess I don't mind being called a scalper, but I've never scalpers anyone before (yes, even in Montana taking a person scalp has gone out of vogue).

Kidhuman
05-10-2005, 12:23 PM
Would you rather put up with Star Wars collector guy who wants you to run your *** off for a $15 purchase or Mr.+ Mrs. Nuclearfamily, who are in the process of dropping a grand (AND will probably get a Target RedCard to save the 10%, in turn helping the store reach it's weekly goal)? I collect so it's not that I don't understand. But some people need to realize that just because you collect Star Wars toys, the world doesn't revolve around you.

Agreed Solo on some points. But iof this collector is spending 15 dollars here, 30 dollares there, it all adds up. Money is money. Customers are customers, they should all be treated the same.

I will say this to anyone who is complaining about Target or Brians Toys:

If you dont like their practices, DONT BUY FROM THEM. Plain and simple.

Bobby Fett
05-10-2005, 12:31 PM
I LIKE to rock the boat. :evil:

I've dealt with Brians a few times. The service is excellent and the merchandise was exactly as described. I don't buy currently released items, but older stuff that I've missed. Have a little patience.

Target doesn't always have everything in stock, but I've never encountered a rude employee.

If $39.99 is going to kill you, collect something else and leave us scalpers ;) alone.

CaptainSolo1138
05-10-2005, 12:35 PM
But if this collector is spending 15 dollars here, 30 dollares there, it all adds up. Money is money. Customers are customers, they should all be treated the same.

But my point still stands that Target is going to take care of the people that spend the most money in their stores. If you spend that much, then you do deserve to be taken care of. But since this "complaint" stems from an exclusive, I think it's fair to assume that they were in the store for one reason only and not to pick up dinner, detergent, shoe polish, batteries, toilet paper, the latest issue of 'Maxim', milk, a birthday card, and THEN grab the Clonetrooper.

2-1B
05-10-2005, 01:55 PM
But what good is the new Clonetrooper without shoe polish to keep him shiny ? :confused:

CaptainSolo1138
05-10-2005, 03:40 PM
What good is the shoe polish at all since Target doesn't have any Clones? :sur:

VaderhitsJarjar
05-10-2005, 04:08 PM
i HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH BRIAN'S tOYS OTHER THAN THEIR SHIPPING PRICES. i CAN MAIL OUT A LOOSE FIGURE FOR 1.50 THATS WITH A ENVELOPE AND PACKING MATERIAL - BUT iF THE TIME COMES FOR ME TO BECOME ANXIOUS BECAUSE i DON'T HAVE A FIGURE IN MY COLLECTION i WILL CHECK OUT BRIAN'S tOYS BEFORE CHECKING INTO THERAPY. SIGH SO COMPULSIVE

MY GRIPE IS WITH TARGET EMPLOYEES. I KNOW FOR FACT THAT MOST OF THE EXCLUSIVE CLOSE TROOPERS WERE GIVEN OUT BEFORE THE PROMOTION STARTED. A FEW STORES HAVE MANAGEMENT WHO STOCKED UP ON 5-10 FIGURES EACH.

i FIGURED THERE WAS A REASON THEY STILL WORKED FOR TARGET WHILE IN THEIR EARLY THIRTIES. :ermm:

melanie-cat
05-10-2005, 04:22 PM
Yes caesar prom was great and just like you I was prom queen like totally fur sure.And um I spend at least 350 to 400 a month at target and they still are rude.Hum like do you treat someone who spends as much as I do every month cause a girl has to have her clothes or Mr. and Mrs. family who buy a patio set once a year hmmm? And ceaser if a free yoda is what it takes to get your loyalty your pathetic quit being sir steves little lap dog mmkay!:D

InsaneJediGirl
05-10-2005, 04:33 PM
Well,If you dont like Brians Toys just dont buy from company.As long as they help SSG stay alive by paying to advertise here,I have no problem :D

eshulmire
05-10-2005, 05:40 PM
wow looks like I really have gotten the flood gates going on this one.Well I have been busy speaking with Hasbro toys star wars division and I have some results first Hasbro is aware of complaints geared toward target and are considering one of two things make more of the items like they do for wal mart and toys rus or not making them for target at all. Secondly due to complaints they are shipping more clone trooper exclusives within the next two weeks and have more lava vaders on the way out as well.However it is illegal for target to sell to another vendor because they sighed an agreement with hasbor to be the exclusive merchant for those items and not brains toys.So Hasbro is investigating why they are showing up in mass quantities on sites like his.The agreement that Hasbro has even limits them from replacing defective or broken toys.Target has all the rights to sell but to the public only and not resellers.The representative said that it is a binding contract with those stores we chose to do business with and we take this very seriously.On the Lucas film front they are also unhappy with how things have been handled and are looking into what they can do to help fans get the items they want.(star wars merchandise is made for everyone to enjoy at a reasonable and fair price) Items that are no longer in circulation or are considered retired are meant to show up on sites like brains toys for new fans to find.New items with a few exceptions due to production or lack of sales like the afore mentioned ephant mon or swimming jar jar often end up at discount retailers or specialty stores. Needles to say the relase date of may fifth was official from Hasbro but the items were put out earlier by store employees or never hit he floor at all to be purchased by target customers.Some were sold in unopened cases to vendors like brains toys this admitted by target guest relations and employees have been terminated because of it. Asset protection traced what the employees purchased by there discount cards that are given to them when they work for target. Apparently there are quiet a few employees who enjoy a second income. :D

Reefer Shark
05-10-2005, 05:41 PM
eshulmire/melanie-cat, I address you as one person, because I'm convinced you're one person with multiple accounts.

I understand your frustration, Target exclusives are a pain, and almost all retailers treat collectors like crap in my area (I blame the Hot Wheels guys for that). I've had many bad experiences with un-cooperative employees, and I didn't find any Target Clones at retail either... hell, I haven't found hardly any Target exclusives at Target. Oh, and we have a HUGE scalper problem here in L.A. Trust me, it's bad...

A suggestion for you though: Sirstevesguide has proven to be the best way for me to get the stuff I can't find. Use this place for the resource that it is. By whining, complaining, and blasting everyone with a different opinion, you alienate yourself. If you take the time to make some friends here, you'll get what you want - that's almost guaranteed.

I have two Target clones now, thanks to a fellow collector on these boards. I traded with him, and didn't have to pay ebay/brians prices.

---edit, just saw your new post:
Don't believe what Hasbro is feeding you - they can't do a thing about Brians Toys selling the Target clones. Nobody can stop anyone from selling their stuff to Brians Toys.

eshulmire
05-10-2005, 05:55 PM
I dont know melanie cat sorry she isint me .I am a guy have been all my life my name is Erik.sorry reefer shark .But thanks for the kind words though everone else seems to hate my guts with a pasion. But hey thats ok cause i am trying to change things for people.I work for a large company and when our customers complain we take care of them.We listen to complaints and we solve the issues and make changes.There is an old saying the squeaky wheel gets the grease.If we all shot target an email or spoke to hasbro we could possibly make changes. I am not one to sit on my butt and complain but this has been going on for a while and i think its time to stand up and sound off like you got a pair.I could be fiteing a loseing battle but atleast i can say i tried to make changes.ask yourself can you say the same? :D

Reefer Shark
05-10-2005, 06:19 PM
That's cool man, fight the battle. I hope you win! :D As far as "asking myself if I've done the same" no, I haven't done the same - I really have no desire to.

To me it's just a hobby, and not really worth the extra effort and headaches. They are just toys after all, and I do this to relax, not to get all worked up. Besides, I think that once the movie hype dies down, the stores will probably lighten up again (hopefully). :cool: :smoker:

----

btw: It just seemed coincidental that melanie-cat's first post here was so extreme. It's a little strange for someone to join a message board just so they could take one persons side and insult everyone else in their first post.

But hey, if I'm wrong, I apologize to both of you ;)

moulman
05-10-2005, 07:13 PM
wow looks like I really have gotten the flood gates going on this one.Well I have been busy speaking with Hasbro toys star wars division and I have some results first Hasbro is aware of complaints geared toward target and are considering one of two things make more of the items like they do for wal mart and toys rus or not making them for target at all. Secondly due to complaints they are shipping more clone trooper exclusives within the next two weeks and have more lava vaders on the way out as well.However it is illegal for target to sell to another vendor because they sighed an agreement with hasbor to be the exclusive merchant for those items and not brains toys.So Hasbro is investigating why they are showing up in mass quantities on sites like his.The agreement that Hasbro has even limits them from replacing defective or broken toys.Target has all the rights to sell but to the public only and not resellers.The representative said that it is a binding contract with those stores we chose to do business with and we take this very seriously.On the Lucas film front they are also unhappy with how things have been handled and are looking into what they can do to help fans get the items they want.(star wars merchandise is made for everyone to enjoy at a reasonable and fair price) Items that are no longer in circulation or are considered retired are meant to show up on sites like brains toys for new fans to find.New items with a few exceptions due to production or lack of sales like the afore mentioned ephant mon or swimming jar jar often end up at discount retailers or specialty stores. Needles to say the relase date of may fifth was official from Hasbro but the items were put out earlier by store employees or never hit he floor at all to be purchased by target customers.Some were sold in unopened cases to vendors like brains toys this admitted by target guest relations and employees have been terminated because of it. Asset protection traced what the employees purchased by there discount cards that are given to them when they work for target. Apparently there are quiet a few employees who enjoy a second income. :D

Its called paragraphs man....:zzz:

Rocketboy
05-10-2005, 07:25 PM
All this over a friggin' toy?
:D

Seriously, I don't agree with either side here.

Target shouldn't be so rude to their customers. I have had no problems with them until recently (and it had nothing to do with collectibles).

And eshulmire, it's called first come, first serve. The person that told you they would be out on the 8th was wrong, plain and simple. Getting angry with an employess will only get you less. That employee, probably working for peanuts, may not remember you specifically, but that experience will form an opinion about ALL collectors in his/her mind (and other employees), thus screwing everyone else over in the long run. A little politeness goes a very long way.
If you really want it that bad, this board is a nice place to start. The peeps here generally want to help each other out. Maybe someone has an extra they would either trade or sell you at a reasonable price.

El Chuxter
05-10-2005, 07:47 PM
1) Steve has to pay his bills. Running a site like this is quite expensive. I can't imagine anyone other than a toy retailer, and not one of the huge chains, wanting to advertise here, so I see no reason why Brian's Toys shouldn't advertise here. Same goes for any retailer. I've never bought from them, but can't think of a compelling reason anyone who wants to do so shouldn't be able to.

2) Assuming your descriptions of Target employee behavior are accurate, I recommend you complain up the chain of command. It's thoroughly uncalled for for an employee to swear at any employee, especially a child, and for the manager to do nothing is pure negligence.

However, I caution you not to judge all employees of any large company by the actions of one or two exceptions. Most employees at all department stores make very little money for the crap they have to put up with, but the majority are good people who would be willing to help given an opportunity. On Sunday, I spoke with several employees at four Targets. Only one woman (who was very helpful) actually knew what I was talking about, but everyone tried to help.

I'd suggest being polite almost to the point of obnoxiousness. Keep in mind that most of these people you'll be dealing with know jacksquat about toys and think you've got some serious problems because you're an adult who's going to all this trouble to buy them for yourself, so you've got that hurdle to get over from the get-go.

3) Hasbro can prohibit Target as a company from selling to resellers, but since few scalpers are larger operations than one or two guys hoarding stuff in their garage and mailing it out, there's absolutely no way to crack down on it. Unless Hasbro wants to get into some serious violation of personal privacy, it's a problem that's going to stay.

However, since Target admitted that some cases were sold to resellers and that employees were fired because of such incidents, Target appears to be doing their part to ensure they're not all ending up on the secondary market.

4) Best of luck in finding your Clonetrooper(s). I mean that sincerely, not sarcastically.

eshulmire
05-10-2005, 11:18 PM
Well I know what a paragraph is but my concern is why do you care ? Are you some sort of teacher/collector or are you desperately trying to make an *** of yourself ? As far as low paid target employees I have been there I worked fast food delivered papers and was even a bouncer at America live.I also worked as a nursing assist so don't go there with me.People in the medical field make no money what so ever and we have to wipe peoples butts. However that does not excuse rude behavior or simply just acting like white trash.I have tried to kill them with kindness and even tried to reason with them but I have gotten nowhere once the the employee went off on my son and the store manager did nothing about it the gloves came off. I keep hearing the same thing from you guys over and over again don't shop there or they are just too stupid to help you at target.Well I don't shop there normally but because of my sons excitement and my own enthusiasm we have been going to the stores together getting the exclusives from each store and been having a wonderful time doing so.That is until target and there issues.I wont back down nobody has apologized to my son for the treatment and they just don't care.And I have absolutely no problem making them miserable.I didn't start the fight but I will dam sure finish it. Rember Jesus loves you but everbody else thinks your an *** hole.

dr_evazan22
05-10-2005, 11:38 PM
Well, I'll tell you what. When I was at C3 and couldn't get in the store (it was probably staffed by people bussed in from all these Targets your complaining about [it was probably a short bus too!]), anyway, I couldn't get in the C3 store and Brian's Toy's was there for me to get my Exclusive C3 Vader. Sure, I paid 4X what it was retailing for, but I also then didn't have to wait in line for umpteen hours.

So, in short I say "Hoozah!" for Brian's Toys!

I think that maybe you should consider buying the clone from them also. Then you won't have to continue driving around to 8 different targets.

sith_killer_99
05-10-2005, 11:38 PM
I keep hearing the same thing from you guys over and over again don't shop there or they are just too stupid to help you at target.

That's what you keep hearing? What about:

I agree with you eshulmire. These exclusives are getting out of control. What really aggrevates me about Target is that their collector policies are not consistent from store to store.

and...

and...

I understand where you are coming from. There are a lot of Target's that hide behind that "Collector's" policy.

and...

Target isn't exactly nice to collectors

and...

I understand your frustration, Target exclusives are a pain, and almost all retailers treat collectors like crap in my area (I blame the Hot Wheels guys for that). I've had many bad experiences with un-cooperative employees, and I didn't find any Target Clones at retail either... hell, I haven't found hardly any Target exclusives at Target. Oh, and we have a HUGE scalper problem here in L.A. Trust me, it's bad...

and...

Target shouldn't be so rude to their customers.

and...

It's thoroughly uncalled for for an employee to swear at any employee, especially a child, and for the manager to do nothing is pure negligence.

Lot's of people here agree that Target has messed this up, but not everyone has had the same bad experience, that's all. I think everyone here would agree that the Target you went to treated you and your son horribly! I certainly do.

I wont back down nobody has apologized to my son for the treatment and they just don't care.And I have absolutely no problem making them miserable.

I would feel the same way if my daughter were treated like that! I would be on the phone to anyone that I could demanding an apology!

eshulmire
05-11-2005, 12:08 AM
Sith killer thank you I appreciate what you said very much ! you are a man after my own heart.My son is so jazzed about star wars and it reminds me of when I was a kid.I think allot of it has been the fact that target changed there website to attract kids and collectors and went all out to make the star was experience a big deal. Target even sent me a dollar off of all star wars figures purchased on the first day.But when you go into the store its the same old thing with them. My son was one of the few people trying to hand out figures to people who were behind him at midnight madness I think that's what all of this boils down to is kindness not greed. As of late the kindness is in short demand and the scalpers are a plenty.It is about customer service and the priciple of it all for me. I have always said a true collector opens his toys and does not wonder how much he can get for it unopened on eBay.

sith_killer_99
05-11-2005, 12:29 AM
My son is so jazzed about star wars and it reminds me of when I was a kid.

Trust me I can relate, my daughter is the same age now as I was when the first Star Wars hit in 1977! She in only 3 years old and already she can name most of the Star Wars characters! Seeing Star Wars in the theater with my parents is one of my earliest childhood memories. I remember sitting spellbound throughout the whole film. I sat quietly as the credits rolled and the lights came on.

My parents stood up and looked at me for a minute, they had though something might be wrong with me. When they said it was time to go, I cried! I didn't want it to be over...ever!

Star Wars has been special for me and it means even more now that I can share it with my daughter. I was blessed enough to be able to take her to Celebration III and she went into serious Star Wars overload. She has lots of Star Wars toys, Galactic Heroes, Force Battlers, Darth Vader's lightsaber, TIE Fighter and lots of figures.

If some store employee yelled at her for trying to get Star Wars figures I would go ballistic! 3 years old, 10 years old or 15 years old it makes no difference. I would do everything I could to get an apology or have their butt fired!

VaderhitsJarjar
05-11-2005, 12:39 AM
Though I havent seen one target clone trooper -I did have a good experience with a target employee who tried to find one because she remembered a box hidden in the back by management for management. What she did find was a Lava Vader.
As she turned out of sight she told me most of the employees interested bought two of em' - someone must have forgotten where they hid theirs...
on dasher, on dancer, on prancer and vixen

sith_killer_99
05-11-2005, 12:48 AM
NICE score...SUPER nice! :D

2-1B
05-11-2005, 03:01 AM
Yes caesar prom was great and just like you I was prom queen like totally fur sure.And um I spend at least 350 to 400 a month at target and they still are rude.Hum like do you treat someone who spends as much as I do every month cause a girl has to have her clothes or Mr. and Mrs. family who buy a patio set once a year hmmm? And ceaser if a free yoda is what it takes to get your loyalty your pathetic quit being sir steves little lap dog mmkay!:D

lol lol lol lol lol

Thanks. Congrats on being crowned Queen of the Prom. A real coup for nerdy Star Wars fans everywhere, to be accepted by their hip peers like that. Fo' sure. lol
To be honest with you though, SirSteve had my loyalty many many years ago long before the thought of a free Yoda was even conceivable.

But since you mentioned it, if I told you what I had to do to Steve to win said Yoda, I bet it'd make you blush and your knees knock.

lol lol lol lol lol

darthvyn
05-11-2005, 09:16 AM
hmmmm... multiple forum personality disorder... something about the big blocks of text with no spaces after periods.

makes my eyes hurt to read.

El Chuxter
05-11-2005, 01:11 PM
This is going to be my last comment here, since I don't care too much for trying to help out and being lambasted about it, but once again I suggest you complain to a level above the store manager.

CaptainSolo1138
05-11-2005, 02:31 PM
MY GRIPE IS WITH TARGET EMPLOYEES. I KNOW FOR FACT THAT MOST OF THE EXCLUSIVE CLOSE TROOPERS WERE GIVEN OUT BEFORE THE PROMOTION STARTED. A FEW STORES HAVE MANAGEMENT WHO STOCKED UP ON 5-10 FIGURES EACH.

Since this is a FACT, I would love to see the FACTUAL documentation for this. :rolleyes:

BTW, the Target by my house has about ten Clones on the pegs. The funny part? I have no interest in buying one! Slicker was happy as hell, though.

DarthBrandon
05-11-2005, 03:11 PM
Shouldn't the name of this thread be changed to lets bash Target & All Their Employees instead of Brainís Toys The Enemy? :D While I don't buy from BT's anymore because I don't want to pay triple or more for new figures, I can say that in the past if I needed something & no one else had it, I bought from them. I didn't pay any really high amounts of money for anything except maybe Sio Bibble & he's really hard to get. Anything new that's priced too high can sit until the dust is shaken off & they decide to sell it for a fair price. I will say this about BT's, anything you get from them is packed with the utmost care so that it arrives in good order, other than that, it's the price that turns me off. (BTW Brianís Toys like to have things before the retailers get them so thatís why a lot of the prices are high, as far as the exclusives & how they get them, your guess is as good as mine)

Now on to Target, we don't have one here, the equivalent of Target here is Zellers which just may have the name changed soon enough as they are renovating to look more & more like Target everyday. If any Target or Zellers in my case spoke to my son or daughter like it was mentioned in this thread, you can bet youíre bottom dollar that said employee would meet his doom at the hands of the manager & if not the manager then the district manager. Any employee should treat no child in that way from any company just because they like to buy/collect toys. Now if Target sells their exclusives out the back door or to the said employees then the company needs to look at said stores & employees & have them dealt with so that it does not happen again. Remember not all employees are bad there are just as many good ones as there are bad.

Last but not least if you donít like either of them then donít buy from them, that should let them get the message. :D

Reefer Shark
05-11-2005, 04:43 PM
Hey, it looks like eshulmire/melanie-cat got banned.

I wonder if he/she will still stick to the story that they are two different people now? Funny that someone who claims to have a 9 year old son acts like a 9 year old himself :rolleyes:

JediTricks
05-11-2005, 05:05 PM
eshulmire, I tried to email you to let you know that your account was suspended for 24 hours due to using a 2nd account, but the email bounced back because the address we have on file is not current. Normally I wouldn't post something like this in the forums, but I thought you should know that your account isn't permanently banned and the suspension had nothing to do with the content of this thread.

sith_killer_99
05-11-2005, 07:55 PM
BTW Brianís Toys like to have things before the retailers get them so thatís why a lot of the prices are high, as far as the exclusives & how they get them, your guess is as good as mine

It's kind of complicated. First of all Brian's buys direct from Hasbro Hong Kong. This means that they ship directly from the mfg. in Hong Kong to Brian's. As opposed to regular retailers who buy from Hasbro in the US. This means that when a retailer like Wal-Mart places an order, the figures are shipped from Hong Kong to a Hasbro warehouse here in the states. It is then distributed to individual stores and eventually the figures hit the shelves, once they have room for them on the floor that is. Since Brian's has them delivered directly to them the distribution time is cut way down, plus Brian's dosen't have to worry about clearing out room for new stuff on the floor, they can just open a box and fill the orders.

This is why Brian's almost always has the newer product first.

However, it does come at a cost to Brian's, for one thing, they have to buy in larger volume. Hasbro Hong Kong has a much higher minimum order than buying directly from Hasbro in the US. This mean that they have higher operating costs up front.

My brother-in-law used to sell figures on-line. He bought direct from several mfg's. One day he was tired of Brian's always beating him to the punch, so he asked his Hasbro rep about it and she told him how they were doing it. Then she told him how much he had to place on a single order and my brother-in-law decided Brian's could keep their title of being the first to market with new stuff. :rolleyes:

As for exclusives, well, Brian's also buys from local scalpers. This means that Brian's may offer to buy, say the new Target Clone Troopers for say $20.00 a pop. Some scalpers may prefer to just sell them off to Brian's rather than deal with Ebay where a buyer may or may not pay for their item, plus they avoid the listing prices/sellers fees and PayPal costs. I saw lots of people selling their CIII Darth Vader figures to Brian's at the convention. :rolleyes: Brian's also puts out a list of "buying" products with a list of what they are willing to pay for stuff.

I admit, when the 4 inch G.I.Joe line started up again a few years ago I bought a bunch of them and kept them MOMC. Then my daughter was born and room in the house was shrinking. I wanted to get rid of the Joes in one shot. So I sent an e-mail to Brian's and they e-mailed me back with a quote. A few days later Brian's had new stock of HTF Joes and I had a check to deposite in the bank. I felt kinda bad about doing it but I really had to get rid of them and it was next to impossible to get people to trade for Star Wars stuff. I could have gone on Ebay, but I just didn't want to go that route.

AmanaMatt
05-11-2005, 11:02 PM
I am glad I am not the only one who has no love for Brian's Toys....nothing against them or anyone associated with them personally, it is just that the prices are pretty awful. That being said, if no one bought from them, they would cease to exist. So, do what I do: do not buy from online dealers that have scalper rates.

eshulmire
05-13-2005, 11:33 PM
Target employee discount turns out to not be enough. I was at a local target and have been noticing over the last few times I have been in there looking for the clone excuse all of there clone troopers were re taped at the bottom and the bar code was missing. Well I thought that was odd because target stores do not take back opens action figures or toys even if they are broken.

I noticed pegs for the exclusive target clone troopers but no clone troopers on any of the pegs.I look around the toys section for hopes that someone picked one up and decided not to buy it. I noticed a target basket full of toys that append to be items that became scattered thought the store and were in the process of being put back. When I looked in the basket I noticed there were 18 exclusive troopers in a box covered by lose toys.

The box was open and each one had a yellow post it note on it with the letter jc. confused but happy I picked the box out of the cart and walked over to the register.As I approached the register a blond girl came out of nowhere and rushed me to the express lane.Even though the register was completely open and I got an odd look from the other cashier I agreed to walk over to the express lane. My first thought was to let the person at the register know that they should put these out on the floor so that everybody had a chance to purchase them.She started to ring them up and they rang up at the normal price for a clone trooper. she rang all of them up and then proceeded to use her target employee discount.Still confused but ok I will play along with it the total came up to 78.00. I begin to feel my heart race with excitement and pulled out my debit card and made payment. She put them in a bag and said josh will see you tonight and I replied yea sure I will be there with bells on. When I got out to my car I pulled out one of the troopers and noticed that the tape had been removed around the outer two sides of the clamshell. I opened it up and found the picture of the clone trooper had been placed over the target exclusive one so that they would ring up cheaper. I begin to laugh I couldn't believe it there own emporia was ripping them off and I stumbled right into the middle of it. I went back into the store and found an emplie named josh frantically looking through the toy isles with a guy that looked a lot like me. I thought this cant be happening so I walked up to josh and said hey do you have any exclusive clone troopers and he replied no we sold out. I said really and begin to walk away when I reached the front of the store josh was approaching the blond girl with his friend. She pointed to me with an odd look on her faced realizing that she had just screwed up. Josh ran over to me and said he needed the clone troopers back and that they weren't meant for sale. I said really what were they meant for ? He replied they were not for sale and that I needed to return them I laughed and told him if he wants to keep his job he will leave me alone. I went our to my car got in and drove away now my son and I got our clone troopers. I went to several other stores and sold the majority of them to other collectors who were looking for them at the price I paid for them I wanted to spread the joy around and it was sure worth it. Master we shall have our revenge!

Rocketboy
05-14-2005, 12:46 AM
Wow! What an amazing coincidence!

Kidhuman
05-14-2005, 12:50 AM
Wow! What an amazing coincidence!

All I can do is second that. Why did you walk back in the store.

kool-aid killer
05-14-2005, 01:22 AM
Yeah, and how did you happen to find a bunch of other collectors at every other Target you visited? This story smells fishy, maybe melanie-cat can vouch for you. ;)

eshulmire
05-14-2005, 01:41 AM
well believe it or not but selling them isn't hard there are plenty of guys looking for stuff . and I ran into quiet a few of them in the last few days. As far as Melanie cat goes she is my wife she posted because she felt you guys were beating up on me.She got angry and I cant blame her she isn't me just frustrated that you guys were attacking me for standing up for myself and pointing out hypocrisy.She has been there a few times with my son and I when a not so friendly toy employee has given me the riot act.I was surprised that she even joined the website. And I new that guy has been gettining a hold of some of the figures but I had no idea he was switching the price tags for them and that his girlfriend was involved. I really think that it was karma. I have seen him at a few of the local comic book stores and toy shops but I couldn't prove anything if I tried . So he must have been planning on giving them to his friend to buy and the rest is just coinsidenence . She must have been looking out for the box of figures and I happen to be wearing a raiders shirt just like his friend so you put two and two together. As far as the figure selling goes I was able to sell most of them to a few friends and there are a lot of collectors hear in Sacramento.I went to three stores and stood in the toy section within ten minutes I ran into 3 guys two of them purchased clones from me right away. Believe me or not I don't care I feel vindicated and am happy to get the clones and even got them out to a few people who hading got one yet. I wont sell them on eBay and I am not trying to make a profit. Just trying to spread the joy.This is my last post on this issue. but remember that when youre looking for an exclusive and feeling frustraited just keep on looking and you might find more then you are looking for.

Kidhuman
05-14-2005, 01:50 AM
I dont know melanie cat sorry she isint me

As far as Melanie cat goes she is my wife she posted because she felt you guys were beating up on me.

Which is it? Is she your wife or you dont know her?

darthvyn
05-14-2005, 01:52 AM
but remember that when youre looking for an exclusive and feeling frustraited just keep on looking

isn't that what we were telling you all along?

Mad Slanted Powers
05-14-2005, 02:10 AM
And I hope your grammar and spelling are better when you write letters to Target, Hasbro and Lucas.

plasticfetish
05-14-2005, 02:11 AM
Which is it? Is she your wife or you dont know her?Hey! Shoosh... he said he was done with this. (Now we of the Target-employee-scalper-illuminati can continue with our plan to dominate the world's supply of Target exclusive Clone figures in complete secrecy. Long live the T.E.S.I. -- Bo-hahahahahahaha!!!)

Seriously though eshulmire, that's quite a tale, but I'm glad you found some satisfaction.

JON9000
05-17-2005, 11:45 AM
btw: It just seemed coincidental that melanie-cat's first post here was so extreme. It's a little strange for someone to join a message board just so they could take one persons side and insult everyone else in their first post.

But hey, if I'm wrong, I apologize to both of you ;)

Creating a second user name and using it to bash people is about the lamest thing you can do on these boards. You have your anonymity here to begin with, but you want to avoid being slagged or taking even remote responsibility for what you are saying, or you know that what you are saying is childish and you don't want to take responsibility for it by being ignored in the future.

And then when R-shark calls you out, you lie about it. Dude, you just earned the only spot on my ignore list. I hope you get scalped every day, FTROYL.

CaptainSolo1138
05-17-2005, 12:02 PM
Dude, you just earned the only spot on my ignore list.
I actually thought about doing the same, but I'd hate to miss the train wreck that is eshulmire/Melanie cat. Not that they're the same people or anything..... :rolleyes:

moulman
05-17-2005, 05:37 PM
I actually thought about doing the same, but I'd hate to miss the train wreck that is eshulmire/Melanie cat. Not that they're the same people or anything..... :rolleyes:

Lol this thread gets funnier and funnier every page...eshulmire/Melanie cat/who gives a f**k, you should probably stop posting; your just giving us more material to work with:p

Slicker
05-17-2005, 07:59 PM
This thread is friggin' great!! This is just another case of the impatience of the SW collector. I saw not a single Exclusive Clone at any Targets near me in VA or at my mom's house in MI but having patience I didn't rush to an online retailer I simply waited and lo and behold I found one for retail.

As for Brian's Toys I've never dealt with them but looking at the prices they do seem a bit high but let me see you find an AFA 90 Double Telescoping Luke and not try and charge alot for it. From what I can gather you get what you pay for I've heard they have high quality stuff.

As for this thread in general look at the picture.:rolleyes:

dr_evazan22
05-17-2005, 09:18 PM
The dramalama! That's freakin' hilarious!

Supposing that your story is true, emuslifier, why would you not report what had been done to the store's managers? If you don't say anything, then Josh will continue to steal the exclusive fig's you'll be looking for in the future.

CaptainSolo1138
05-18-2005, 09:48 AM
As for this thread in general look at the picture.:rolleyes:
HAW! The drama llama never gets old!

bigbarada
05-18-2005, 02:01 PM
I've been doing business with Brian's Toys off and on since 1995. I've never had a bad experience yet. They have the right to charge whatever they want for their product. If I don't agree with their price, I simply don't buy the toy.

But, I've stopped buying new and upcoming items from them because of their prices. I mostly use their store to pick up toys that are no longer available on the shelves (and it saves me the hassle of an ebay auction - I'm tired of getting sniped). Primarily vintage stuff, even though their selection has been hurting of late.

We have to remember these are TOYS we are talking about here. They aren't denying anybody anything that really matters in the long run.

My advice is to just have patience and if you really want to enjoy collecting then don't expect a complete collection of toys to just fall out of the sky into your lap. You will have to do a little bit of legwork yourself.

Kids these days! :p