PDA

View Full Version : seeing ROTS next TUESDAY!

hango fett
05-09-2005, 08:41 PM
well, a local radio station teamed up with pepsi and frito-lay and are giving away tickets to a thearter down in the nati (cinncinati for all you non-ohioans). my dad won the first pair of tickets!!!!!! and we think it is a digital projector, so that will be a first for me. so, will you guys want me to spill the beans when i have seen it? sorry if this comes off a gloating. thats not my intent. my intent is to inform.
HF

James Boba Fettfield
05-09-2005, 09:25 PM
(cinncinati for all you non-ohioans)

That's Cincinnati for all you non-Cincinnatians. Damn fine city, proud to call the Cincy area home.

What theater are you talking about, hf? Is it in Newport?

hango fett
05-09-2005, 09:28 PM
i don't know. we get the details wednsday.
yeah, i can't spell Cincinnati. wait, i just did...
HF

2-1B
05-10-2005, 01:16 AM
Come on Hango, quit gloating. :mad: Jeez, why don't you rub it our faces a little bit more ? :mad:

I'm kidding, of course. :D Congrats on the prize and I hope you enjoy the show !

As to the "city" of Cincinnati, the show WKRP sucked and I still have a death wish against Sam Wyche for the way he hung Cleveland out to dry when those Bengals fans acted up. You know, Paul Brown had already founded a professional team in your state and then decided for some reason to drop a junior team in "The Natti." Why ? I have no idea. :evil:

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

hango fett
05-10-2005, 07:09 AM
thanks, Caesar. only 7 days!!
HF

mabudonicus
05-10-2005, 09:26 AM
Congrats man!!!
Even a couple of days early can make a BIG difference to us SW fans it would seem :beard:

hango fett
05-10-2005, 10:17 AM
even a minute early would be big news here. it's pretty funny. but, i will see it tuesday at god knows what time, and then the next day, i go to the midnight showing.
HF

Kidhuman
05-10-2005, 12:26 PM
Pretty sweet win Hango. But isnt Tuesday the same night of the prom??? :D :beard:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-10-2005, 01:00 PM
Don't worry about gloating. If I were you I'd be extremely excited! I never win anything cool. Oh well, we'll all have seen it in nine days.

hango fett
05-10-2005, 01:55 PM
very true, JJL. oh and KH, don't go there. bad things happened that would make all of you cry.
HF

trandoshan666
05-11-2005, 07:00 PM
As to the "city" of Cincinnati, the show WKRP sucked

You gotta be kidding. Where's the love for those remarkably well-developed characters like Les Nessman and Johnny Fever?:evil:

2-1B
05-11-2005, 11:55 PM
Did I say "WKRP in Cincinnati" ?

Sorry, I meant to say "The New WKRP in Cincinnati."

lol lol lol

hango fett
05-12-2005, 10:15 AM
well, i have found out that the show starts at 7 on tuesday and that pepsi is not realising the tickets to the radio station untill monday. i am very surprised lucas is letting this happen at all....
HF

trandoshan666
05-12-2005, 01:29 PM
Yes, it does seem amazing that Lucas isn't all over this. Congratulations, by the way.

hango fett
05-12-2005, 01:52 PM
thanks, trandoshan. only 5 days baby! WOOO!
HF

hango fett
05-16-2005, 10:48 AM
tomorrow is the day. we called the station about 2 seconds ago to make sure there were 2 tickets and that they had them in. yes to both. now the excitment is very strong in me!!! i will probably post a HF review of the movie. don't yell if i am a little enthusiastic.
HF

hango fett
05-18-2005, 07:04 AM
sorry to triple post....
well, the movie was spectacular. i only have one real complaint. it moved way too fast. the scenes are all pretty short. let's clear a few things up as well..
1. anikan does NOT fall in the lava. the nub of his left thigh gets vey close to the lava and catches on fire, the the rest of him catches on fire with obi-wan watching disgusted. plus you see him on fire and pretty much melt.
2. the Kashyyykk fight is not nearly as long as i would have liked to see. what you saw on MTV was the majority of it. they did that with alot of fights, espescially the dooku fight. but it still was good.
all in all, you guys will love it. i know i did.
HF

James Boba Fettfield
05-18-2005, 07:11 AM
How was the role of Jar Jar? Hopefully he's just a piece of a background and has no further part.

hango fett
05-18-2005, 08:33 AM
your exactly right, JBF. he is just there for decoration and has 1 line. "excuse me." while he is walking past someone after the dooku duel and the gagn land the ship. it's not funny or anything, he is just trying to get past people.
oh, yeah. the mace palpy fight was awsome. ian really acted well in this scene. he goes CRAZY on mace. he keeps saying he is too weak, then anikan cuts maces arm off, then the emperor shocks him for about 45 seconds before throwing him off the ledge. he also says "unlimited power!" a few times while shocking windu. damn, that was awsome. and of course, the yoda vs palpy fight was spectacular. they fight on the podeum as it is going up into the senate chamber! this duel is intercut with the best duel of all. Ani vs Obi. hayden does a very good job of being mad during the duel. epescially at the end when he is melting on the "beach" of hardend lava. can't wait to see it again tonight and again tomorrow at 10:30 AM!!!
HF

Lobito
05-18-2005, 12:56 PM
I also saw the movie yesterday. What can i say? Its Star Wars, but as HF said...it moves too fast!!! Its fight fight fight till the end. Its kinda sad also. The lightsaber duels are ok, but none like the obi wan vs. Maul. I never saw Mon Mothma, but still, i think where she was... with Padme and B. Organa in the senate when Palpatine becomes emperor. Everything is explained, the wait is over...

hango fett
05-18-2005, 01:59 PM
i just thought the duels were way too short. mainly dooku's. the others are good, but i think it was a tad overhyped or my expectations were set higher than that. i never saw mothma either. i wanted to see more of the organization of the new republic, but apperently it got cut. why cut it george? i could care less if it was 3 hours long or 4, it would not bug me.
HF

2-1B
05-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Sorry to hear that you didn't like the movie, Hango. :(

General_Grievous
05-18-2005, 07:41 PM
Man, I knew Mon Mothma was going to be cut (Save for maybe a glimpse). It better be on the DVD. The "hijinks" in the Federation Cruiser that was cut from the film I can live without, though.

2-1B
05-19-2005, 05:08 AM
They should have cut Grievous instead of Shaak Ti.