PDA

View Full Version : Yoda Mini?

Portlyman
05-09-2005, 09:38 PM
Is this breaking news?: http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=1-17/qid=1115692002/ref=sr_1_17/601-7833358-7032901?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B0007YWING

If not, everyone's been strangely silent.

While I'm on the subject, besides Best Buy, Walmart, and I guess Target, how many more well known, national (US) chain stores sell minis?

Axlrose
05-09-2005, 10:28 PM
Maybe the retailer messed up, thinking the small yoda saber is a mino.

knightone
05-10-2005, 03:29 AM
It's from Target. Perhaps it is a Target exclusive?

Amy? Amy? :D

Sith Lord 0498
05-10-2005, 05:21 AM
No, it is a scaled replica. They had photos of it at Toy Fair 2005. There are six scaled sabers being released this year from ROTS: Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Sidious, Dooku, Vader.

Nice to know they finally have release dates.

Blue2th
05-10-2005, 07:08 PM
I noticed there on the bottom of the page the Darth Sidious mini saber. What's up with that? So much for panicking to get the "exclusive" from BestBuy. Could it be a different color perhaps? Mine is black. Guess I will definitely have to get the Yoda saber though. Thanks lol

Sith Lord 0498
05-10-2005, 07:53 PM
I noticed there on the bottom of the page the Darth Sidious mini saber. What's up with that? So much for panicking to get the "exclusive" from BestBuy. Could it be a different color perhaps? Mine is black. Guess I will definitely have to get the Yoda saber though. Thanks lol

The Best Buy exclusive Darth Sidious mini-saber is completely plated in smoked chrome. The version that is listed on Target.com and other sites is the standard movie-accurate colored edition. Here are pics of both to illustrate the difference.

Blue2th
05-10-2005, 10:28 PM
Thanks Sith Lord. Guess I'll have to get the other Sidious saber too. I can probably wait as they might be more plentiful than the BestBuy one. I did manage to snag one Yoda mini though. I can't wait till they make a Yoda FX.

Sith Lord 0498
05-11-2005, 05:37 AM
Thanks Sith Lord. Guess I'll have to get the other Sidious saber too. I can probably wait as they might be more plentiful than the BestBuy one.

I originally bought the Best Buy version to "hold me over" until the standard version ships in June from MR, but I ended up selling it at cost to another collector because it doesn't look that great in person. I took the money from that sale and bought the standard Obi-Wan lightsaber instead.

As for the issue of whether or not the Best Buy saber will be plentiful, my local Best Buy has about 6 of them on the shelves. I think you'll be able to find them reasonably well, but I wouldn't hold off on it. If you're going to buy one, buy it now. They will never go on clearance, and who knows how long the stores will decide to carry it.

sith_killer_99
05-11-2005, 05:58 AM
The Best Buy exclusive was limited to 3,000. The regular scaled saber will have a much higher run! I really like this saber for some reason. I know it's much smaller than all the others but the design is just too cool.

I want the regular scaled Sidious saber as well as the full sized one, though I may be limited on funds to buy the full sized one. :( I had the chance to see it up close at CIII, I also had the opportunity to see the one from the film in the Lucas Archives. I'm telling you, these things could have been from the same production run it is that close to the real deal! I have said this before, but I wouldn't be surprised if Lucas actually comissioned MR to produce the Darth Sidious lightsaber for EPIII. That's just speculation on my part, but it really is that good!

Anyway, I like the Yoda mini and will probably buy it as well. :D

Sith Lord 0498
05-11-2005, 06:19 AM
The Best Buy exclusive was limited to 3,000.

Are you sure about that?? It seems like too small of a number considering Bestbuy.com constantly reposts it as "in stock" and for how many my Best Buy has. To be honest, I live in such a backwards region of Pennsylvania. We're almost always the last place to get anything that exclusive. Everybody kinda forgets about us.

sith_killer_99
05-11-2005, 11:08 AM
Well, all the reports I have read were that this was limited to 3,000 pieces. It isn't a really popular saber IMO. A lot of fans and collectors who bought it were disappointed and sold them off on Ebay. I did notice that Bestbuy.com has it in stock, but I have yet to find one at retail. Odd.... :confused:

jedi master sal
05-11-2005, 02:27 PM
The Best Buy Mini Sidious saber was not limited to 3000.

This is part of the reason why so many went to eBay. At first many people thought it was a limited run. So, while the scalpers initially sold their lot on eBay, collectors who thought they might have a nice limited run piece, were wrong and some jumped ship by selling there's off as well.

Does someone have a link for this supposed Yoda Mini???

Sith Lord 0498
05-11-2005, 04:02 PM
The Best Buy Mini Sidious saber was not limited to 3000.

This is part of the reason why so many went to eBay. At first many people thought it was a limited run. So, while the scalpers initially sold their lot on eBay, collectors who thought they might have a nice limited run piece, were wrong and some jumped ship by selling there's off as well.

Does someone have a link for this supposed Yoda Mini???

Here's the link:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=2-3/qid=1115845576/ref=sr_2_3/601-3720281-0156915?%5Fencoding=UTF8&asin=B0007YWING

Yeah, I was disappointed in the chrome Sidious as well. Smoked chrome just doesn't look good on scaled lightsabers. In fact, the gold chase editions look just as awful in my eyes. At least Darth Alex wanted mine, so it went to another collector.

BTW, just picked up the Anakin ROTS mini-saber today. Very nice piece. You won't be disappointed. :)

sith_killer_99
05-11-2005, 06:59 PM
BTW, just picked up the Anakin ROTS mini-saber today. Very nice piece. You won't be disappointed.

Where did you buy it? Was it at Best Buy?

Sith Lord 0498
05-11-2005, 08:30 PM
Where did you buy it? Was it at Best Buy?

Yep. They had two in-stock (well one now :) ) I would say you can check the "store availability" feature at bestbuy.com, but it's unreliable. It says "unavailable" on the Wilkes-Barre PA entry, but they have all three in the store (Obi-Wan, Anakin, chrome Sidious).

My advice is to either check your local Best Buys or order them on-line if you have to.

sith_killer_99
05-11-2005, 10:21 PM
Well, the Best Buy closest to me has never had any of the Master Replicas sabers. Every time I ask them about them they look at me like I'm from another planet...clueless, even in the "Media" section. :rolleyes:

The other Best Buy (just 30 miles away) has had some stuff, a couple of weeks ago I found the new F/X Sabers there. Unfortunatly I won't be able to make that trip until this weekend. :(

But hey, at least I scored some of the new (#41 and #43) figures tonight, along with a couple of Target exclusive Clones that will be going up for trade bait shortly. :D There may be one or two folks here who could use one of these guys. ;)

Jayspawn
05-11-2005, 10:37 PM
I saw the Yoda Mini Scaled Lightsaber in person at Celebration III. Its very small like the Sidious Mini. Still neat looking.

DarkJedi1981
05-13-2005, 11:45 AM
The Best Buy exclusive was limited to 3,000.

The Best Buy Exclusive was limited to 10,000 Amy confirmed this on another site. Yes, there will be both a Yoda mini and full sized prop from ROTS this year and recently announced in the interview on this site, the Darth Tyrannus Saber .45 will be battle damaged, originally the pics showed it normal, and there will be a Mace Windu ROTS Battle Damaged .45 but no mention of LE Replicas of those last two.

Sith Lord 0498
05-13-2005, 04:01 PM
The Best Buy Exclusive was limited to 10,000 Amy confirmed this on another site. Yes, there will be both a Yoda mini and full sized prop from ROTS this year and recently announced in the interview on this site, the Darth Tyrannus Saber .45 will be battle damaged, originally the pics showed it normal, and there will be a Mace Windu ROTS Battle Damaged .45 but no mention of LE Replicas of those last two.

Battle-damaged??? Are you kidding me???!!! As much as I love MR's work and especially the scaled sabers, this is starting to sound like Hasbro with their rehashes. Darth Maul's saber made sense to be made with battle damage because the thing got cut in half. Creating that exclusive "weathered" Obi-Wan saber also made sense because it was essentially a different piece.

But just regular "wear and tear" damage??? That's taking it a little too far.

sith_killer_99
05-16-2005, 11:30 AM
But just regular "wear and tear" damage??? That's taking it a little too far.

You don't know that for sure, they are calling these things "battle damaged" and there are a lot of lightsaber battles in ROTS. Who knows what may or may not happen. ;)

Sith Lord 0498
05-16-2005, 01:02 PM
You don't know that for sure, they are calling these things "battle damaged" and there are a lot of lightsaber battles in ROTS. Who knows what may or may not happen. ;)

I'm one of the impatient ones who does know what happens in ROTS. With one possible exception, I stand by my statement that "wear and tear" damage is taking it too far. ;)

Jayspawn
05-16-2005, 05:50 PM
Well we'll all find out in a few days wont we.

dr_evazan22
05-16-2005, 06:18 PM
Got an email today from MR for a Vader E3 saber (LE) and mini Yoda and Darth Tyrannus sabers.

Yoda and Darth Tyranus
Minis in Late May

Once fierce adversaries, Yoda and Darth Tyranus will find themselves betrayed by the same sinister force as the dark eclipses the light.

Now, both the Yoda and Darth Tyranus .45 scale mini lightsabers can be yours! Available starting May 20 (for our Collector's Society members) and May 23 for aspiring Jedi across the galaxy, be sure to update your account info now. Then we'll make sure to process your order at the speed of light! Choose your weapon - and your side!