PDA

View Full Version : Darth Dew has Arrived!!!!

Bossk77
05-10-2005, 12:40 AM
At your Local 7-11 you can pick up Darth Dew slurpees (pitch black dew frozen). THey have some sweet cups and even a Yoda head mug which you can grip by the ears like a Stein! It is probally the actual size of his head too.

kool-aid killer
05-10-2005, 12:49 AM
I want to try it because its a Star Wars product but ive kind of got a tendency to avoid Mt. Dew drinks. Back in elementary school there was a rumor that it...ugh...shrunk the ol lightsaber if you know what i mean. Even to this day i dont think many of my male classmates drink the stuff very frequently, i do about three times a year. Too bad it wasnt done with Cherry Pepsi, i love that stuff.

Tonysmo
05-10-2005, 12:59 AM
I picked up the ani / obi cup today. pretty darn cool, I put the vader topper on it. Didnt have to get the dew though. stuck with the cola slurpee. been awhile since ive stepped foot in the ol 7-11.

anyhow, the cups are pretty cool, may have to stop in and pick up the rest.

figrin bran
05-10-2005, 02:26 AM
my local 7-11's didn't have the vader toppers despite having the slurpee cups and the yoda mug as well. the cups have nice lenticular pictures on them and are made of a rather sturdy plastic. darth dew is really good!!! you all ought to try it! and if you're concerned about those rumors, just pour a bit of the darth dew and mix in another flavor.

CaptainSolo1138
05-10-2005, 07:59 AM
it...ugh...shrunk the ol lightsaber if you know what i mean.
That's actually an urban legend. The rumor was (and there was evidence for about three minutes) that Yellow #5 (which helps give Mountain Dew it's lovely, natural color :D ) reduced sperm count in males.

Back on topic.....I love Mountain Dew, but I'm not a big fan of that 'Pitch Black' stuff. I filled my Vader noggin with the regular teste shrinking stuff.

Jayspawn
05-11-2005, 11:23 PM
I stopped by 711 and picked up some Darth Dew in a nifty Yoda Head Mug. Its plastic but its pretty sweet! Like holding a stein or a brandy swisher! Haha! Apparently its selling very well -thats what the cashier told me.

CaptainSolo1138
05-12-2005, 07:46 AM
Like holding a brandy swisher!
All I can think of is Leon Phelps, the Ladies Man holding the Yoda mug as he answers phone calls! :D

Kidhuman
05-12-2005, 10:10 AM
Picked up the Obi/Anakin cup last night. Stuck the Vader topper on, filled it with Soda instead of Slurpee goop. Can someone post a pic of the Yoda mug because i havent seen it yet. Sold out yesterday.

Rocketboy
05-12-2005, 08:08 PM
Got 3 of the cups so far, but have yet to see the Yoda mug.

Blackened88
05-12-2005, 09:35 PM
A friend got the Yoda mug and showed me it's pretty big and cool. I went to 7-11 and they were sold out. :( When I was there I didn't even know there was a new Dew I usaully go for good old Coke, now I gotta go back and check for Yoda and Darth Dew.

Bossk77
05-15-2005, 11:55 PM
I have not heard anything about the yoda mug being limited. I hope it not. The mold is fantastic for 7-11 quality standards. If you find one dont hesiatate to pick it up.

Slicker
05-16-2005, 03:00 AM
I have yet to see any of the Yoda cups but I see no reason for them to be limited in any sort of way. As for the regular cups I only have 2 of the 4 but they'll be out all summer.

tagmac
05-16-2005, 07:06 PM
No sign of the Yoda mugs yet in Jersey. I did get all 4 of the cups the first week they came out. Definitely one of the better 7-Eleven promos, and easy to get a complete set.

Bossk77
05-18-2005, 10:47 PM
My 7vy hasnt had anymore come in yet. if i can find one i will pick it up and let you guys know... it will be used though cause you get to fill it free with purchace. ;)