PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Review: Hammerhead

LusiferSam
05-10-2005, 11:46 AM
Ok, I'm behind again. But this week's figure is Hammerhead (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=6650&cat=3330&page=1). Hammerhead, like the other cantina aliens was first released in 1978 with the Cantina Adventure Set, but showed up on a 20 back in 1979. There no major variations known.

Personally Hammerhead is one of my favorite cantina aliens. His just so different looking. I love the head and the shifty looking eyes, those really make the figure. The limbs aren't bad either. The blue swim suit is a little weird, but hey I'll give them a break on that one.

This is one of those figure I got off of eBay in a big lot. The guy selling them say all the figures were complete. Well I get them and Hammerhead and two other have no accessories (or that's who I decide got shorted) plus their were several repros. I got into a big fight with the seller about this that ended with me telling him to go [censored]. The up side is I did buy the real accessories after a long and hard search for them, but for a price.

vader121
05-10-2005, 01:26 PM
Hammerhead was a cool figure for it's time. The blue rag leotard was always a bit weird to me. Always looked like it was about to fall off. I somehow had 4 Hammerheads as a kid. Got a few extra in trades. Currently I have literally dozens of them that I've acquired in collections and lots on ebay. I guess most kids had one as they were easy to find.

I did like the hands as they were different. Liked the non-blaster hand which could be used as a choke-hold hand. Also the feet were cool and looked like tree trunks. Kind of a poor-mans Ent as the whole figure resembles a tree.

JON9000
05-11-2005, 02:44 PM
I like the coloring and the sculpt of the figure, but I remember wondering as a kid why he didn't have any pants on. My mom bought an HH for me and another one for my little brother, so we wouldn't fight over it.

I didn't really play "Cantina" too often, most of my adventures stuck to the main characters going up against Darth and a Stormie, so HH didn't see a lot of play.

HH seems to be one of the most common figuresd out there today and one that seems to be included in every lot you might buy. Fortunately, he comes with the exact same blaster as Stormie, so his weapon isn't that difficult to find should you need one.

EricRG
05-11-2005, 07:33 PM
I always wanted to EAT my Hammerhead. SO CHOCOLATEY!!!! :D

Fluke Skywalker
05-12-2005, 08:07 PM
^ LOL! lol He does look like a pack of melted Tootsie rolls on the way to an areobics class! He's :cool: though.