PDA

View Full Version : Star Case or Protecto paks?

Frizz_himself
05-10-2005, 08:41 PM
I was just wondering what people were getting for there figures for protection either star cases or protecto paks. Looking at other peoples collections they have star cases. I use protecto-pak which i think are better. i just didn't know if there are something wrong with the protecto-paks or just people don't know about them yet or at all. plus the protecto pak are alot cheap than star-cases. 90 protecto paks for around 80.00 dollars.

Also how do you get those lightsaber on your profile?

Bobby Fett
05-10-2005, 09:09 PM
I use Star cases for no particular reason, other than that's what I started out with years ago. I've stuck with them for uniformity.

JediTricks
05-11-2005, 04:37 PM
Those lightsabers come when you join a user group, either Jedi or Sith. They advance with your rank changes.

Old Fossil
05-14-2005, 12:34 AM
Sometime before Episode I... around '97 or '98, I think it was... Wal-Mart had Protecto-Packs for sale. Not being particularly Internet savvy at the time, and never having heard of Star Cases, I bought a set of the Protecto-Packs for the small collection of orange and green and FF POTF2 carded figures I had. They were great: very sturdy, much sturdier than the Star Cases I later came by via trading on Ebay.

I needed more of 'em a couple of years ago, so I went to a website devoted mainly to toy car collectors, but which also sold Protecto-Packs for action figures. The Packs I got were just as sturdy as the ones I had bought from WM some years earlier, but the plastic was not nearly as clear. Some impurities or something in the plastic actually distorts one's view of the encased card and figure. I ended up throwing most all of that lot out, and got a set of Star Cases...can't remember where, though. The Star Case is a bit more flimsy, but it keeps the dust off and doesn't impair the display quality of the figure inside.

Based on my experience, I wouldn't recommend the Protecto-Packs. I might have just gotten a bad batch, though. :) Good luck!