PDA

View Full Version : Wookie Warrior color variant (merged)

Hellboy
05-10-2005, 11:43 PM
Seems there are two versions of the Wookie Warrior #43 out there. I found a few last week and all of them were a light tan color but the Wookies I saw today were a much darker chocolate brown color.

Pretty cool that they're giving us color variants on this army builder but having heard nothing of this until seeing it today I'm wondering if the new color is an actual running change or is it Hasbro's intention to give us different colors to choose from. If it is a running change then the Tan colored Wookie that only showed up for about a week or so might end up being pretty rare. I'll try and post a picture tomorrow when I have more time since I have both if anyone is interested in seeing the difference, its pretty significant.

morpheus282
05-10-2005, 11:46 PM
wonder if they're actual variants or just productions errors? either way, you should post some pics of them.

Hellboy
05-11-2005, 12:16 AM
I'd say its definitely a variation and not a production error. Here is the picture.

Kidhuman
05-11-2005, 12:57 AM
I thought they looked different. I got one about two weeks ago onm lay-away and saw two more today. Looked different, because it was the blonder one. Thought I was insane(I am), but not on this one.

plasticfetish
05-11-2005, 03:43 AM
Saw news about this variation posted on another site also.

I'm glad that there's another version -- not just because I wasn't wild for the "blonde" one -- but because it makes sense to have more than one version.

Wonder if we'll see even more Wookie variants.

plo-koon
05-11-2005, 11:59 AM
Hellboy any chance you could provide Date Stamp info for the Darker Brown version?

Thanks

Hellboy
05-11-2005, 02:11 PM
Here ya go. :)

Tan/blonde Wookie date stamp: 50801
Dark brown Wookie date stamp: 50871

kool-aid killer
05-12-2005, 02:18 PM
Thats not a bad variant IMO, plus given how the wookie comes with several weapons already it wont be difficult to make them all look a little different from each other. I think this Wookie Warrior is probably one of my favorite figures from the ROTS line, probably because he comes with the Wookie Water Blaster!

JediTricks
05-13-2005, 03:05 AM
I found Blondie tonight, same date code as what Hellboy had for it.

I think this Wookie Warrior is probably one of my favorite figures from the ROTS line, probably because he comes with the Wookie Water Blaster!Yeah, but the figure can only hold the blaster upside-down in relation to the Super Soaker version. I'm not totally sure which version is correct though, and he holds it really nicely in his left hand when it's upside-down like that. I like the figure because he's a wookiee who isn't all buffed up like the preview fig and Tarfful, but he has the same crummy knee articulation as Tarfful and the thumb-held crossbow (though this is in better colors than Tarf's), and #43's bandolier is thick plastic and bright orange, reminds me of a He-Man accessory. ;) Also, I'm not down with all these Wookiee figs having the "roaring" face, but at least it makes some sense here I suppose; I wish his head was softer plastic though, the ball-jointed neck is pretty much useless. His action gimmick is kinda annoying but doesn't get in the way too bad, though his shoulers don't look so nice for it. All in all, he's pretty cool, but probably not my favorite in the line.

(Sorry, nobody's talking about this fig in the ROTS section and I just found him tonight. :p)

JEDIpartner
05-13-2005, 03:38 PM
I hope to get the vanilla one because it wold be nice to have a colour variation in the Wookiee ranks. If I find a chocolate one afterwards... that's fine, too.

plasticfetish
05-13-2005, 10:28 PM
What about strawberry... or maybe rum raisin?

beckmen
05-15-2005, 08:30 PM
I like variations, I am glad they did this. I probably won't be able to find the darker one, though...

darko666
05-15-2005, 10:18 PM
are these figures being equally distributed or is one more rare than the other? i haven't seen them in stores yet, but i would like to at least now what color is more rare than the other. but i will end up buying both of them.

plasticfetish
05-16-2005, 04:06 AM
I've only seen 1 darker Wookie and about 20 light colored Wookies. I don't think that means that one is more rare than the other (???) it just means that right now there are more of the "blonde" ones out there.

I'm kind of hoping that these $4.99 sales at Target, etc. will help to clear the pegs off a bit, and that we'll start seeing more of the #41 and over bunch.

Darth Cruel
05-17-2005, 01:07 AM
The lighter ones are starting to warm the pegs around here. I haven't seen a dark one at all yet. But I have a buddy who says he has one for me so that is cool. Seems to me, though, that if it was an intentional variation, they would have made more substantial changes. Looks to me like the paint batches just got mixed differently.

plasticfetish
05-17-2005, 01:24 AM
...and this afternoon at Target I saw about 5 or 6 darker Wookies, and no lighter ones, so, I suppose they're both out there.

sjd9299
05-18-2005, 01:18 PM
My Wal-Mart had 10 light ones but not one dark one. I want a dark one. The Blonde one looks bad. But I do like the variation for some cool army building.

WesleySr
05-21-2005, 04:36 AM
I saw on another website that there are 2 different versions of this figure.

tan & dark brown
light brown & dark brown

All of the ones that I have seen in stores so far have been the tan versions. Has anyone found the other version?

Slicker
05-21-2005, 04:43 AM
I believe that several people on the boards have found both versions.

Sith Lord 0498
05-21-2005, 07:44 AM
My local Wal-Mart had over a dozen dark brown Wookiee Warriors. Much like the blue/red Guards, these are intentional variants. The tan shipped first in certain assortments, and now the dark brown is shipping.

Val Da Car
05-21-2005, 08:20 AM
The date coding on the light one go to 50801 and the dark ones are date coded 50841 which could mean that the lighter (or vanilla) wookies were an early production run.

Ji'dai
05-21-2005, 11:21 AM
I just found the Wookie Warriors this week. I saw a quite a few dark brown with just a few blonde initially, then a day or two later saw the opposite. It's still too early to tell which one will become harder to find.

Val Da Car
05-21-2005, 02:55 PM
I have been looking at the wookie date codes and the lighter were first in the run so they could be the early run variation (like the blue saber palpatine).

Mad Slanted Powers
05-21-2005, 06:17 PM
I saw several of both versions at Wal-Mart a couple days ago. I got one of each.

JEDIpartner
05-21-2005, 06:27 PM
I picked up the vanilla one at Target last week. I had placed an order from HasbroToyShop.com last week (and it arrived today), and the Wookiee they sent me was the chocolate one.

I'm happy to have the flavour variety pack!!!

Ji'dai
05-21-2005, 06:46 PM
I have been looking at the wookie date codes and the lighter were first in the run so they could be the early run variation (like the blue saber palpatine).

I know what you're saying, but the Palpatine was an error, the Wookies may be an intentional variant like the Royal Guard. The blonde Wookie may be the first production run, then they changed to dark brown. Both color variants may have been produced in equal numbers. Hard to tell right now.

rust
05-21-2005, 11:07 PM
So far, both my Wookie Warriors still have their arms.

WesleySr
05-22-2005, 03:26 AM
Well, I found a couple of dark brown Wookies, so I am good. This is a cool idea by Hasbro, especially for army builders. I have 3 of each. I also have 2 of each of the Royal Guards and 2 blue vulture droids and 1 green.

JediTricks
05-22-2005, 05:44 PM
The date coding on the light one go to 50801 and the dark ones are date coded 50841 which could mean that the lighter (or vanilla) wookies were an early production run.All the blonde ones I've seen have been that first one, but all the brunette versions I've seen have been 50871, not 841. I own 1 of each which corresponds to that.

I'm merging this thread into the one in Variations about this already.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-22-2005, 07:22 PM
I opened one today and can't figure out how he should hold the gun. Also, I'm not sure what that other accessory is, but I have it in the left hand and the shield in the right.

JediTricks
05-22-2005, 08:14 PM
The bowcaster is the same as the one with the Tarfful figure, it fits around the thumb with the trigger index finger against the trigger. The other thing is a wookiee blaster, this was a Sneak Preview item, the super soaker role-play toy, it fits in his left hand very well with the figure's hand around the back ring of the blaster (the part that goes back behind the ring like the butt of a gun should act as the butt of this gun and go at the bottom of the figure's hand, it'll make sense when you try it because on top the gun would be pointing a wonky direction).

Veers
05-22-2005, 11:31 PM
I found two different Wookie Warriors figures today at Target. The regular light brown version and a darker medium brown version. They were plenty of both versions. Are they suppose to be two different versions? If you like variations, then be on the lookout for these. See the pics below.

Mango34
05-23-2005, 06:13 PM
I believe if you look on the back of both of them you will find two different numbers (date stamp)

Also some of you might want to check out AAYLA I believe they used two different vairiations of color for the light saber...One is lighter then the other..

Veers
05-24-2005, 11:30 PM
I am going to buy some more of these. Maybe I can make Chewbacca's wookie family from the Holiday Special out of these.