PDA

View Full Version : Avalibility of OTC post ROTS

ROTJLuke
05-11-2005, 08:04 AM
Is it going to be harder to find some OTC figures now after the release of the ROTS figures at retail prices? Am I better off just going thru ebay or a website? If so, which ebayer's or websites do you recommend? Thanks!! :D :D

Kidhuman
05-11-2005, 10:37 AM
Check www.OMGCNFO.com A good site online, cheap prices quick shipping. Try looking around for deals on Ebay as well. See if you can get lots of figures for cheaper prices.

Hellboy
05-11-2005, 07:46 PM
Yeah they're a good online store, I've ordered from them before.

I was quite surprised that they actually have the OTC Tatooine Search Sandtrooper on their site. Definitely a hard find as I never saw it at retail and I usually see most everything at some point.

tgr3328
05-12-2005, 08:20 AM
Also try a KB outlet store if there is one in your area. They carry the discontinued items at clearance prices. I recently found a cloud car pilot and several Lobots, amoung others, at a KB outlet store.

Other possibilities include Dollar General and Family Dollar. In the past, they have carried POTJ and Saga figures once those particular lines/waves had been discontinued from the major retail stores. At present, however, I have not seen any late Saga or OTC figures in any of those stores, but maybe soon. :Ponder:

Fluke Skywalker
05-12-2005, 08:20 PM
Meijer (If there is one in your area) is also a good place to find OTC and POTC. I saw the Cantina wave there the other day! And others I've seen have Dagobah Luke and Yoda (POTC versions).

drsidious
05-13-2005, 12:57 AM
besides kb,which the 5 round here are still stuffed with saga as well as the outlet, the only place around here to find them is supermarkets and drug stores

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-13-2005, 09:46 AM
I missed the entire last wave of OTC figures and only saw them once at retail (I begrudingly passed on them at the time :( ) But remember, we sometimes see a bumper crop of the last wave of figures several months after they were hot, case in point, remember the last wave of POTF2, the Commtech versions? TRU couldn't get rid of them for $1.97. Then the last figures of the POTJ line (BoShek, R4-M9 & Teebo) were widely available at TRUs across the country months after Episode II came out.

drsidious
05-13-2005, 10:51 PM
and i cn still find tru's woth potj.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-15-2005, 11:01 AM
and i cn still find tru's woth potj.

Dude, the TRU on the Boulevard and Transit had gobs of Eeth Koths, Zuttons, and the Bo Shek wave on the pegs for at least three months during late 2002. Also, the Bespin Guard wave too (Ketwol, Sabe, etc.). Not much else of POTJ though.

tgr3328
05-16-2005, 08:30 AM
Is it going to be harder to find some OTC figures now after the release of the ROTS figures at retail prices? Am I better off just going thru ebay or a website? If so, which ebayer's or websites do you recommend? Thanks!! :D :D

If you want to buy through eBay and you are looking for loose figures, I can recommend these sellers:

zaboomamike2,
vetting,
davestoys2003,
darth_memes_toyz,
taddieboy,
icatch9 (I think he is a forum member),
rodeooutlaw,
jedi_jons_toys,
echobasecollectibles,
sabrina02,
domingodietz,
jedicole (also a forum member, I think).

There are other great sellers and my experience with eBay has been mostly good.

Look for sellers with a high feedback score (99% or better) and the higher the number of sales, the better. Avoid a seller with a low total sales who already has a score in the mid-90's or worse.

There will always be complainers, but a seller with 2000+ sales and only one negative feedback has got to be ethical.

Veers
05-28-2005, 11:34 PM
They are already gone from the stores around here. Will have to rely on Ebay or other online toy outlets such as Entertainment Earth or Cloud City Collectibles.

Mandalorian Candidat
06-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Every once in a while my local TRU will stick a case on the pegs of 2005 OTC figures. I found the 2005 Vader on Monday, but it was still at $6.99. I'm amazed at how little we saw of the 2005 stuff, including the CW third wave.

ROTJLuke
06-22-2005, 02:38 PM
thanks for all the help guys! ebay has been the ticket for me :)