PDA

View Full Version : Clone Trooper 3-Pack

Kidhuman
05-11-2005, 10:46 AM
Kenobi posted this pic in the L.A. just found. Thought I would share with everyone.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11168

Get your hunting shoes on fellas and gals, gonna be fun fun fun.

Joshkj
05-11-2005, 11:02 AM
My huntiing shhoess were solen by my walet!

Kidhuman
05-11-2005, 11:03 AM
I like how it says build your army on it. Kind of funny.

dindae
05-11-2005, 11:32 AM
So how many color variantions are there going to be of this one?

yoda83
05-11-2005, 11:35 AM
I do not think they are out yet. I think they are just saying they found the pic somewhere, as his post does not say he found them, just that they will be hard to find. I believe they will only be one per case

OC47150
05-11-2005, 11:49 AM
Other than the change in armor, they're identical to the CW 3-packs, right?

trandoshan666
05-11-2005, 12:27 PM
Very cool. I can't wait until those babies show up on the pegs.

kool-aid killer
05-11-2005, 01:39 PM
It looks like the color variations are all included within the one 3 packs, im hoping that is how they come out too, if not its going to be a pain to obtain all the colors.

Dark Helmet
05-11-2005, 01:57 PM
I wish he put where he saw it. I''ve been on the hunt for that since Sir Steve posted the list of collectibles. I always thought that missed the deluxe figures but if they are not available, then I feel better. It is a definite must have.

jedi master sal
05-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Okay, in the picture you see three different colors in three different positions.

Now switch them around, so that each color gets a different position.

That's at least three variations there. Not to mentione that there are more than just three color variant clones in ROTS.

At last count there were 7.
White
Orange
Yellow
Red
Green
Blue
Cobra like logo

So that could push up the total nnumber of variant three packs to 7

Din't forget that there are officers to each color as well, so that could mean even more.

This has a potential of reaching 14-21 different combinations of three packs before all is said and done.

-Sal

Hellboy
05-11-2005, 03:03 PM
I was so hoping that I could pass on these 3-packs but seeing as how there are some really cool color variations its going to be a little more difficult for me to resist.

I wasn't to thrilled with the CW 3-packs but I bought quite a few of those because I thought it would be the only way for me to add colored Clone Troopers to my army. Then the SA Clone was released with colored versions in the EE exclusive and I really regreted how much I spent on these poorly articulated CW figures. I'm worried that if I bite on these ROTS Clone 3-packs Hasbro will just release a better articulated version later.

Stuff like this is the only downside of army building. :(

Scackmgack
05-11-2005, 03:06 PM
I don't know that I like these. From all the spoiler footage and everything else I have seen, the color variations are much more ornate than those on these three-packs. If these represented things we were actually going to see in the movie, so be it, but these look like cheap collector-bait.

aricajade
05-11-2005, 03:14 PM
I don't know that I like these. From all the spoiler footage and everything else I have seen, the color variations are much more ornate than those on these three-packs. If these represented things we were actually going to see in the movie, so be it, but these look like cheap collector-bait.

I agree. These look too cartoonie for my tastes. If it's not in the movie, I don't want a figure of it. To me, all the extra colors look cheap.

beckmen
05-11-2005, 04:28 PM
Is there any articulation? At least the arms so you can lower or raise their guns.

bkeddinger
05-11-2005, 04:45 PM
How am I supposed to build an army if there is only 1 per case? Come on Hasbro. You intice me to "build an army" with these figures, but in reality, all I can realisticaly do is build an army of Deluxe Obi's. How many of those did you ship per case? They're everwhere!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-11-2005, 05:23 PM
So far, there's going to be a set with all white clones, and one with a kneeling green one, standing red one, and a laying blue one. These seem cool, but I hope there aren't too many of these. I'm still missing the red, yellow, and green CW packs!

Turbowars
05-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Damn, looks like Lucas has gone overboard with these colors and designs. I hope it is some what explained in the film. There will be fights over these when they show up at retail. 1 per case is the dumbest move by Hasbro yet. There should be full cases of these babies.

beckmen
05-11-2005, 06:54 PM
Is there any articulation? At least the arms so you can lower or raise their guns.

Turbowars
05-11-2005, 06:56 PM
I believe the heads, arms and hands have articulation.

Hellboy
05-11-2005, 07:05 PM

Yes but its limited to only 3 points on all three versions. Head and both upper arms, plus all of the guns are molded into the hands with no wrist articulation. :(

EDIT: After double checking, the right wrist (gun hand) does indeed have articultion but nothing on the left side.

Sith Lord 0498
05-11-2005, 08:34 PM
Yes but its limited to only 3 points on all three versions. Head and both upper arms, plus all of the guns are molded into the hands with no wrist articulation. :(

EDIT: After double checking, the right wrist (gun hand) does indeed have articultion but nothing on the left side.

Basically, they have crap articulation. Stick with buying ROTS #6 and use a thin point Sharpie marker to do the colors. It dries within seconds. Just make sure you have a steady hand and patience.

figrin bran
05-12-2005, 01:30 AM
I was so hoping that I could pass on these 3-packs but seeing as how there are some really cool color variations its going to be a little more difficult for me to resist.

I wasn't to thrilled with the CW 3-packs but I bought quite a few of those because I thought it would be the only way for me to add colored Clone Troopers to my army. Then the SA Clone was released with colored versions in the EE exclusive and I really regreted how much I spent on these poorly articulated CW figures. I'm worried that if I bite on these ROTS Clone 3-packs Hasbro will just release a better articulated version later.

Stuff like this is the only downside of army building. :(

for what it's worth, galactic hunter is claiming that hasbro will add color variants of the #41 clones in future waves.

Damn, looks like Lucas has gone overboard with these colors and designs. I hope it is some what explained in the film.

turbo, according to the ROTS visual dictionary, the different colors and designs represent legion affiliation.

Hellboy
05-12-2005, 03:28 PM
for what it's worth, galactic hunter is claiming that hasbro will add color variants of the #41 clones in future waves.

That is great news but knowing Hasbro they'll put at least one unique Clone Trooper in these 3-packs in the hopes of getting collectors like myself to bite twice. :rolleyes:

Dark Helmet
05-12-2005, 07:04 PM
That is great news but knowing Hasbro they'll put at least one unique Clone Trooper in these 3-packs in the hopes of getting collectors like myself to bite twice. :rolleyes:

There is an exclusive 4 pack at kb toys or kebco of the clonetroopers.
Check it out!!

Blackened88
05-12-2005, 09:59 PM
There is an exclusive 4 pack at kb toys or kebco of the clonetroopers.
Check it out!!
What the are you talking about, because I see nothing. Also if hasbro does do that thing with the colors with #41 that will be AWESOME!!! :)
Hey Kidhuman since you're the man that knows all about case assortments have you ever heard of this?

dindae
05-12-2005, 11:09 PM
Stillakid has a four-pack of clones from Kebco on his list of all items for 2005 in another thread. He was not able to give me specifics. I believe this is the Entertainment Earth 4 pack that Kebco bought from them in bulk.

Kidhuman
05-13-2005, 12:01 AM
What the are you talking about, because I see nothing. Also if hasbro does do that thing with the colors with #41 that will be AWESOME!!! :)
Hey Kidhuman since you're the man that knows all about case assortments have you ever heard of this?

I havent heard anything about clone 4 packs except the EE exclusive. Those are for AOTC anyway. I hope Hasbro does something for ROTS clones. The 3-pack is nice, but a 4 pack of articulated clones would be sweet.

Dark Helmet
05-13-2005, 03:48 AM
I havent heard anything about clone 4 packs except the EE exclusive. Those are for AOTC anyway. I hope Hasbro does something for ROTS clones. The 3-pack is nice, but a 4 pack of articulated clones would be sweet.

Sorry....I thought the four pack was from Kebco and for ROTS. I was looking through my figures and found a three pack of clones from EPII...but completely forget where I bought it.

samskull
05-13-2005, 09:27 AM
There's gonna be some fist-fighting in the toy aisles for this thing...there are rarely any clone trooper peg warmers.

Though I just saw a dozen Commanders and Pilots at my local Target.

I like the Sharpie customizing tip though.

Dark Helmet
05-13-2005, 04:07 PM
There's gonna be some fist-fighting in the toy aisles for this thing...there are rarely any clone trooper peg warmers.

There will definitely be clone army builders declaring war on each other.

Sith Lord 0498
05-13-2005, 04:23 PM

Commanders and pilots are in plentiful supply here too.

Glad you like the Sharpie idea. Trust me...it works great. If I could ever get off my you-know-what and buy a digital camera, I'd gladly post pics. The best ones to get are the "fine point" and "ultra fine point" Sharpies.

beckmen
05-13-2005, 06:15 PM
What Sharpie tip? I'm not finding it...

Sith Lord 0498
05-13-2005, 07:29 PM
What Sharpie tip? I'm not finding it...

Earlier, I posted something to the effect of not wasting money on Hasbro's color variations when I can just make my own with a Sharpie. I'm on my fourth and fifth ones now. When you buy them in the store, look for the packages labeled "Fine Point" and "Ultra Fine Point" because they work best on the detailing--especially for the red "Shocktroopers" on the back of the Visual Dictionary. I was able to very easily make the red dashes on the top of the helmet and on the sides of the mouth.

Word of caution: It does take a couple hours for the marker to dry completely. Most of it dries within seconds, but you can still smudge it. Sorry if I screwed up anyone's customs because of my earlier boast that the ink dried immediately.

Veers
05-13-2005, 07:41 PM
Cool! Where was this found at? I will be on the look out for that.

Kidhuman
05-13-2005, 11:05 PM
Hasnt been found yet. Just posting a pic of it.

beckmen
05-14-2005, 08:39 PM
Ah, colored sharpies. I thoutht you meant black one. Like to make battle damage or something.

I am too inept at artsy stuff to try that kind of stuff. I will end up with a ruined figure. I really wish I could do that kind of stuff, I'd love to get a bunch of #41s, make red, yellow and blue versions, then make one of those awesome ARCs that Zabbaca made and some other projects of the like. I did paint a spare Battle Droid (from Theed Generator) to be a security droid, but it looked like a 5-year-old did it. Oh, well.

Sith Lord 0498
05-15-2005, 01:43 AM
Ah, colored sharpies. I thoutht you meant black one. Like to make battle damage or something.

Actually, I do use a black Sharpie also for battle damage...well more like scrapes and scratches in the armor. I use matches for the real battle damage.

samskull
05-16-2005, 09:29 AM
Yeah, nothing like a real blast mark burn to give a figure some life. Especially these three guys in the Army Builder set who are pretty much there just for looks anyway.

sith_killer_99
05-16-2005, 11:07 AM
Well, I managed to pick-up wave 3 of the Deluxe figs this weekend. I got Spider Droid, Crab Droid, Stass Allie and the all White Clone 3-pack.

I have not opened these yet. I found 'em at Wal-Mart during a mind-night re-stocking. The case came with 1 of each plus a Darth Medical Table and Yoda with Can-Cell. Good luck ton everyone looking, they are out there. I do wish we had a definiative list of which Clone packs will be available.

Then the SA Clone was released with colored versions in the EE exclusive and I really regreted how much I spent on these poorly articulated CW figures. I'm worried that if I bite on these ROTS Clone 3-packs Hasbro will just release a better articulated version later.

Ah, yes, but look at the price difference! Even at $30.00 a box (that's just 4 Clones) you end put paying $7.50 per figure vs. $3.00 per figure. The Clone Wars packs were originally designed to be cheap army builders. Hasbro just should have produced more. I wonder what the secondary market is charing for those old CW 3-packs. I don't know, but last I checked it was more than the new SA EE exclusive 4 packs.

In any event, Hellboy, if you got those 3-packs at retail, I wouldn't regret the decision.

BTW, I will post pics and scan of reciept tonight, when I get home. :D

kool-aid killer
05-16-2005, 02:54 PM
Im a little bummed that those hit so fast, im going to be visiting Walmart a whole lot more just so i can throw them all in layaway and stretch out the hit my wallets going to take. Hey SK99, how does Stass Allie look? I seen a photo of the toy and it looked like she had a poor paint application with one of her eyes, im hoping they all dont come out with that goofy look.

Master Grevious
05-16-2005, 05:41 PM
I hit the wave 3 and it Stass Allie looks like garbage... take a look..

I had an earlier post in a just found forum a couple days ago.. check this out...

It seems as if everyone is trying to find the elusive Clone Army 3 pack with color variations. But who would have known they are hitting shelves right now as you are reading this article. It was shocking to know how I came across these new deluxes as I was barely seeing wave 2 deluxe hitting around my local dept. stores. It occured to me the wave with the 3 pack army of Clone Troopers was hit at a local Target. It came with the Crab Droid, Spider droid and the Stass Allie w/speeder. The most awkward and by far most disappointing part about it is that the Clone Army Deluxe was nowhere to be found, rather substituted with the Vader deluxe on the operating table. A friend of mine encountered the same thing and found them in more then one location where this has been happened, so its left me to assume a couple things in mind. In my opinion, I believe they are still holding back on the new Clone Army Deluxe with the variety of Armor to be released. On top of that, maybe the variations of color will have more then 2 or 3 certain variation types. All i know is that I walked out with a crab droid, spider droid and a Stass Allie and a thought wondering why the Clone army was held back. Check out the pictures and let me know what you think.
Thanks,
Jason

Pics: New Deluxes except for the HTF Clone Army three pack

http://www.imagestation.com/picture...cd/f41f8ed4.jpg (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid168/p06ceeed69c81ebd3e926bb81849d40cd/f41f8ed4.jpg)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture...cd/f41f8edb.jpg (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid168/p36394943a2b6178d9d2fd1da543ca0cd/f41f8edb.jpg)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture...9a/f41f8ec1.jpg (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid168/p0635ec4d371a9f7fa892edbbe99c599a/f41f8ec1.jpg)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture...48/f41f8ecc.jpg (http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid168/p5583a3e68c5afcc7002c435b1d937c48/f41f8ecc.jpg)

MG out

*TO OPERATE THE LINKs, RIGHT CLICK on the link above, THEN scroll down to properties, then COPY THE ENTIRE LINK (URL ADDRESS), PASTE IT INTO THE ADDRESS BAR AND PRESS ENTER*

*LMK if you have problems.. it won't work if you just click on it... its some security thing...*

Personally, I think they look like garbage. They have very little detail for the price of 10 dollars and the Stass Allie figure that comes with the speeder is poorly designed on facial structure and her body structure, it looks like a vintage figure... (sad but true). Let me know how you guys feel about it...whats your opinion on it? Anyways, enjoy and happy hunting.

MG out!"

Dark Helmet
05-16-2005, 05:47 PM
Im a little bummed that those hit so fast, im going to be visiting Walmart a whole lot more just so i can throw them all in layaway and stretch out the hit my wallets going to take. Hey SK99, how does Stass Allie look? I seen a photo of the toy and it looked like she had a poor paint application with one of her eyes, im hoping they all dont come out with that goofy look.

Layaway sounds good if you can find them. I went to 4 different wm's and saw nothing new. This new deluxe set sounds pretty cool. I wander if Hasbro will have them for sale on their shop site. How do the droids look?

sith_killer_99
05-16-2005, 07:49 PM
The Stass Allie in my Deluxe set has a very good paint application, though the figure itself has very limited articulation. She is a tad bit better than most pack-in figures, but best if left on the speeder. Truth be told the speeder is the main reason I want a couple of these.

Anyway, I am attempting to attatch pics.

jedi master sal
05-18-2005, 12:02 PM
Dang, where the heck did you find these at???

I've been everywhere in my local area. I can't find anything past wave 2 deluxe.

My wallet is going to take a serious crunch with the 3-packs!

-Sal

sith_killer_99
05-18-2005, 07:43 PM
I found 'em at a Wal-Mart at around 1:00a.m. :D

Master Grevious
05-19-2005, 03:44 PM
I found my clone trooper 3 pack yesterday. =) It was all white, but the figures look poorly designed... cheap looking if you ask me. Other than that, the poses are pretty cool so it makes up for it. 3 figures for $8.49 at target because of the sale, its a must buy! =P I also picked up 2 flying clones today too.

MG out!

phillinley
05-19-2005, 07:35 PM
Just picked up three of these at two different targets in my area and they are all white as well. Nothin nifty about these guys at all.

WesleySr
05-20-2005, 04:16 PM
What color variations are there going to be on the 3 packs? Does anyone have any links/pics that they can post?

Hellboy
05-24-2005, 07:58 PM
I found 'em at a Wal-Mart at around 1:00a.m. :D

Hey SK, I'm not sure if you've opened your Clone 3-pack but if you have I was wondering if you could tell me whether or not Hasbro used better plastic on these Clones than what was used on the CW 3-packs? I might pick a few of these up if they did but if not I'll most likely stick with passing these up, thanks. :)

BTW after seeing the movie multpile times I'm not sure how badly I want to pick up that Deluxe Stass Allie considering she wasn't riding that style of speeder in the film. For anyone who didn't notice she was riding a speeder bike that resembled the one that came with the Deluxe Clone Trooper with removable armor in the CW line. Then again I might pick it up and put a Clone on it since it doesn't seem to have that silly wheel on the bottom like the BARC speeder did.

sith_killer_99
05-24-2005, 08:19 PM
I'm not sure about the Clones, I haven't opened them yet. I am waiting to see if I can find another set first.

As for Stass, no big deal, I have a few extra speeders, Clone Wars Deluxe and Scout Trooper type. I'll just throw her on one of those. :D

WesleySr
05-25-2005, 06:47 AM
I do hope that these are better than the Clone Wars 3-packs. They were awful. Very little articulation and the guns were molded to their hands.

Jayspawn
05-25-2005, 11:57 PM
They ARE molded to their hands WesleySr! But I really dont mind. I'm getting the Clone 3-Packs specifically for scenes which they work great for. I have enough regular clones to make neutral poses.

VaderhitsJarjar
05-26-2005, 12:24 AM
The Crab Droid is nice.
The legs fall off a bit too easy along with the missle launcher.
But all-in-all it is a good size and yet another $10 bucks I could have saved

The clone three pack looks great - I havnt opened it yet but they look very detailed.

Spider droid - see Clone war version - I love em'

Stass Alie - I didnt buy her but was surprised on how nice she looked. She is articulated to sit on the speeder bike and looks like she is riding something.

Hellboy
05-26-2005, 06:54 PM
Spider droid - see Clone war version - I love em'

I'll continue to pass on that one until they get rid of that stupid firing nose gimmick that keeps the droid from looking the way it does in the movies. :stupid:

DarthQuack
05-26-2005, 08:08 PM
They look pretty good, I'd be happy as long as the colors are spread out well.

Fluke Skywalker
05-26-2005, 08:32 PM
I'm not a fan of the Pre-posed Clones as openers, so I'll pass on these. I picked up a Clonetrooper 3 pack before the Clone Wars cartoon, but only because it was July, about 3-4 months before the Cartoon debuted and it was the first CW item I saw on the shelves.