PDA

View Full Version : How to tell if GG busts are brand new??

Monstermile
05-12-2005, 05:48 PM
Just got the IG-88 I won off of ebay today. The box was in a plactic bag. Inside the styrofoam was sealed with tape and had a QC sticker on the top. Seems to me that is the way they should be. Now the two that I bought at Suncoast were not like this. One didn't have the QC sticker but it appeared that the tape was sealed all the way around. The other one was not even sealed. Is it common for Suncoast to open these things before selling them??

bobafrett
05-12-2005, 10:52 PM
I have bought several busts from a collectors store. They had them out on display, and it happened to be the last one, but they placed it ever so carefully back into it's styrofoam, and gently wrapped some of the more fragile pieces in tissue. It didn't matter to me as I was able to look at the piece for any flaws, or cracks before putting my money down for the piece.

I don't know that Suncoast displays the GG busts anywhere in the store, but I have seen other stuff displayed for the consumer to look at. It might have also been someone who wanted to see the quality of the bust so he might have had the employee open the package or he/she may have opened the piece, or took off the tape themselves. I see it all the time at Wal-Mart.

Jayspawn
05-13-2005, 10:49 AM
Seeing as how I'm going to display them anyways, to me it doesnt matter how sealed it is or not as long as its not broken, or damaged in anyway.

My Exclusive Luke Stormtrooper Bust had a previous owner, and when I got it off him its still just as perfect as the day it was made.

Monstermile
05-15-2005, 02:41 PM
Yeah mine are going to be displayed too. I'm just funny about buying something in a store that is supposed to be new, but has actually been opened and handled.

2-1B
05-16-2005, 03:39 AM
Wouldn't bother me to buy it as long as the bust looks to be in good shape (of course).

As far as packaging goes, the most important thing for me is that it comes with the COA card because I'm also a Cards collector and those are a nice little bonus for me. :)