PDA

View Full Version : Qui-gons teachings

Kidhuman
05-13-2005, 01:29 AM
So, Qui-Gon appears to Yoda and Obi-Wan and teaches them to become spirits and live on in the force. All good. But one question....

Who teaches Anakin?

drsidious
05-13-2005, 02:08 AM
thats been burning me for weeks now.
unless qui-gon recorded it in one o those lil jedi journals,
and after the fact anakin goes thru the archives and discovers it.
if ya think about it he prolly went thru obi-wan an qui-gons first.

2-1B
05-13-2005, 02:33 AM
I think Ben and Yoda helped bring him to the apparition state. Notice how he fades in after they're already standing there ?

OR maybe he just figured out whatever it was that Qui-Gon figured out after he died.

drsidious
05-13-2005, 06:16 AM
from what i understand,
qui-gon was taught by a shamen of the whills how to accomplish this,
and didnt fully get the whole "get to keep your physical apperance" thingy
because he hadnt practiced enough ,or whatever

sevboot
05-13-2005, 10:42 AM
Let's face it, this is just a huge plot hole. It made sense before the prequels, but now it's been blown to heck. How would Qui-Gon figure this out and no one else before him? He just was not that powerful a Jedi, let's face it. Why would Yoda and Ben never, EVER, mention Qui-Gon to Luke if he was that important. The real reason is that George never had him in mind until he wrote TPM. He just didn't think the whole thing through, which he kinda does a lot, and now he's trying to backtrack and figure out a way to explain things. Again, I like Qui-Gon's characer, but Obi-won should have probably been working solo from the begining (which was how George first wrote it). That way he could say that coming back as a ghost was something Yoda and Ben figured out together in the years between the prequels and the original trilogy. It would have made more sense. That would also explain why only Ben and Yoda could disappear at the time of dying, and how they could make Anakin appear to Luke at the end.

They should have never changed the scene at the end ROTJ either. How would Luke even recognize Anakin if he appears as he was when he was Younger? The only father he has ever seen was the face under the mask. It was cool to see that ruined man made whole again through the force. Showing young Anakin is like saying "that really wasn't Anakin", but it was.
And that's why he needed redemtion.

drsidious
05-14-2005, 12:18 AM
wow all that hurt my head

InsaneJediGirl
05-14-2005, 11:26 PM
I like to know how they are going to fix this plot hole as well.Something as crucial as keeping your physical apperance in the Force would want to have been widely practiced by the Jedi.Qui-Gon as the point was made,isnt the most powerful Jedi.Yoda,in his 800 years with all his teachings,travels,and brushes with death should have known how to do this-well before any Jedi in Qui-Gon's time.

As for changing ROTS with young Anakin,it was a bad move.Watch the SEs and its quite clear Darth Vader ceases to exist when he says to Luke to take his helmet off to see his own son.At that point,Darth Vader is once again Anakin Skywalker,bringing balance to the Force,thus Lucas should have kept Shaw in as "old" Anakin.

Writing this out did bring up a point to me.What if keeping yourself in the Force is a Sith trait?Dooku,in the books,was always interested in the Sith and was Qui-Gons master.Forgetting the Shaman(which I havent heard of),lets assume it is a Sith trait.Then Vader would have been taught by the Emperor at some point how to do this,or learned on his own through old Sith teachings.Qui-Gon would have learned at some point from Dooku,perhaps not knowing this was a Sith teaching,thus bringing the knowledge to the Jedi?However,that leaves out why he didnt tell Yoda or even Obi-Wan before his death....

....And I have just become more confused :crazed: lol

Sith Lord 0498
05-15-2005, 02:50 AM
Writing this out did bring up a point to me.What if keeping yourself in the Force is a Sith trait?Dooku,in the books,was always interested in the Sith and was Qui-Gons master.Forgetting the Shaman(which I havent heard of),lets assume it is a Sith trait.Then Vader would have been taught by the Emperor at some point how to do this,or learned on his own through old Sith teachings.Qui-Gon would have learned at some point from Dooku,perhaps not knowing this was a Sith teaching,thus bringing the knowledge to the Jedi?However,that leaves out why he didnt tell Yoda or even Obi-Wan before his death....

....And I have just become more confused :crazed: lol

It's not a Sith trait. In fact, the dialogue makes a point of stating that eternal life was the ultimate goal of the Sith but it's the one thing they'll never acheive because of their greed and selfishness.

drsidious
05-16-2005, 01:35 AM
if it is a sith trait does this explain the whole emporer jumpin clone bodies?
or is that another manipulation of the midicholians that also makes no sense?

2-1B
05-16-2005, 03:19 AM
There is nothing to explain the Clone Emperor, other than a really crappy idea and writer. :p

Triplesaber
05-16-2005, 04:09 AM
whteva it is, im just frustrated to see the young anakin's ghost. Its just out of place. bring back the old man.

drsidious
05-16-2005, 06:19 AM
george thought he was bein slick, cant wait to see his arse painted blue in this movie. freekin doofus :crazed: