PDA

View Full Version : Removable limbs...etc.

ROTJLuke
05-13-2005, 09:06 AM
With the ROTS line, Ive noticed, as Im sure you all have, that many figures come with removable limbs or interchangable hands. How do you feel on this? Myself personally, I like it, and I think they should continue this into their next line of figures after ROTS...but let me know how you guys feel! :)

samskull
05-13-2005, 10:17 AM
I always have liked removable limbs since the days of Bespin Luke.

With the ROTS line - It's nice that the lightsaber doesn't fly out of their hand or the blade fall off when in the middle of a climatic duel. Kids must love that!

I'm not so sure I'd want a gun pre-fitted though. It becomes one less action feature and more like a statue.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-13-2005, 12:57 PM
SPOILERS

I think it's an okay idea. I like the figures with the lightsabers permanently molded in their hands, as long as they come with regular hands too. I'm kind of mad since Dooku's left hand peg (the one where the peg comes out of the arm) broke off so now it's hard to keep his hand on. And after taking his head off about five times or so, his chain is getting unraveled. So that's annoying.

JEDIpartner
05-13-2005, 01:45 PM
I haven't over-played with my figures so I haven't had such problems. I hadn't tried removing Dooku's head as of yet. I probably won't since I really love this figure and would be heartbroken if I permanently damaged it.

Dark Marble
05-13-2005, 03:24 PM
I really like the idea also. I remeber when I found my POTF2 Bespin Luke and Vader with removable helmet. These were my favorite figures for a long time, and still remain some of my favorites. And it was all because of the little added bonus of the removable hands. Actually I still think that Vader is one of the best ever made.

Sith Lord 0498
05-13-2005, 05:16 PM
SPOILERS

I think it's an okay idea. I like the figures with the lightsabers permanently molded in their hands, as long as they come with regular hands too. I'm kind of mad since Dooku's left hand peg (the one where the peg comes out of the arm) broke off so now it's hard to keep his hand on. And after taking his head off about five times or so, his chain is getting unraveled. So that's annoying.

SPOILERS!!!!
I think it's just a coincidence that those particular parts come off of Dooku. I don't think Hasbro designed it with that intention. That's why one arm has the peg sticking out of it rather than giving the illusion of being cut off.