PDA

View Full Version : More lousy figures

HighLordDave
05-13-2005, 08:17 AM
I opened up my #42-44 figures last night and they suck. I guess there's a reason why the Wookie Warrior is already warming pegs around here.

The Wookie is easily the worst of the three figures; his hands don't really want to hold all the stuff that comes with him and he needs a stand to stay up straight.

The Niemoidian is also a bad figure; there's really no good way for him to hold the weapon and he just looks kind of cheesy (like all the other Niemoidian characters).

I'm also not crazy about the Destroyer Droid, which has the firing arms like the Episode II destroyer droid, but it's got some crazy arm movements that if you're not using the figure make the arms just hang there kind of limp. He does have a new pivot point at the "waist".

So in short, if you're not an opener or a completist, these three figures are going to be pegwarmers.

JEDIpartner
05-13-2005, 08:54 AM
You should have put this into the "reviews" section... *shrug*

Hellboy
05-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Well I'll agree that the Destroyer Droid is indeed junk but I have to disagree with you on the Wookie Warrior and Neimoidian Warrior as I feel they're pretty decent. Both have "Action Features" but I don't really have a problem with that since neither seem to be hampered by them like the Destroyer is.

I'm not sure I understand your problem with the Neimoidian's gun. :confused:
Sure it's big but I've found two different ways he can hold it that look just fine.

The only thing I don't like about the Wookie Warrior is the bright orange bandolier. His stance is a bit off because of some poor leg articulation but once on a figure stand it can be overcome fairly easy. Plus there are two different color variations so you can have a more diverse army of Wookies if you'd like and if you want to get creative you can mix and match most of the parts with the Sneak Preview Wookie to add even more variety to these furry defenders of Kashyyyk.

So yeah, overall I like these two figures and think they make for good army builders, especially the Wookie. :)

DarkArtist
05-13-2005, 04:56 PM
Hey be happy at least you found them, out here in Jersey it nect to impossible to find anything higher than #32 :cry:

beckmen
05-13-2005, 06:08 PM
The Wookie looked cool, I'll probably snag him when I find him again. The other three suck.

Painting the Wookie's Bandolier might be an idea...

JediTricks
05-13-2005, 07:24 PM
I found the Wookiee Warrior yesterday and I'd have to disagree with this thread's assumption. The bowcaster fits the same way it does on Tarfful, around his thumb so his index finger is on the trigger; the shield has a thin handle but at the bottom of that handle it gets thicker and fits well in his right hand; the pistol fits perfectly in his left hand by the back of the main ring but has to be inverted from the way the Super Soaker toy is oriented. The wookiee warrior also stands fine, needs a little adjusting in the hips and knees to get it but so does every figure, and this isn't a shaky balance here either, he's pretty solid and doesn't need an oddball pose to get there.

I like this figure, he's as tall as the preview wookiee but not so buff, he's got a different face from Chewie (even though it's in a roaring expression like all the rest) and decent arm articulation. The gimmick doesn't get in the way and the paint work is pretty good. My only complaints are that his removable bandolier is too lightly colored and too thick so it reminds me of a He-Man figure's armor; his knees are the same rotation-only design as Tarfful (thankfully without the idiotic leg pose Tarfful got); and his head isn't rubbery enough to let the ball-jointed neck do much of anything (it IS ball-jointed though, I checked).

beckmen, it wouldn't even need total painting, just some weathering to bring down the orange (the card's movie photo shows it a light leather color).

Veers
05-13-2005, 07:43 PM
I think most of this figs are better off in the package. I opened up a few and I am disappointed as well. :(

DarthBrandon
05-13-2005, 08:12 PM
Well compared to the AOTC figures, these are awesome, & it takes a lot for me to say something like that. The ones I didn't like this year I passed on & the ones I did, I bought many of. The Destroyer droid is crappy, it always has been, the Wookie & Neimoidian warrior are excellent IMHO, & the more the merrier. Now where's the rest of the lot. :D

Bacta Beast
05-13-2005, 08:33 PM
Other than the bright orange bandolier, the only complaint I have with the wookie, is the same thing they did with Tarful and Chewie. The articulation at the knees and elbows. :(

MaquisWarrior
05-13-2005, 10:23 PM
I opened up my #42-44 figures last night and they suck. I guess there's a reason why the Wookie Warrior is already warming pegs around here.

The Wookie is easily the worst of the three figures; his hands don't really want to hold all the stuff that comes with him and he needs a stand to stay up straight.

The Niemoidian is also a bad figure; there's really no good way for him to hold the weapon and he just looks kind of cheesy (like all the other Niemoidian characters).

I'm also not crazy about the Destroyer Droid, which has the firing arms like the Episode II destroyer droid, but it's got some crazy arm movements that if you're not using the figure make the arms just hang there kind of limp. He does have a new pivot point at the "waist".

So in short, if you're not an opener or a completist, these three figures are going to be pegwarmers.

I'm surprised you weren't kicked of this club! I'm scared to talk now!

Turbowars
05-14-2005, 12:10 AM
I'm surprised you weren't kicked of this club! I'm scared to talk now!You should be scared. There will be no blasphemy in my realm.:dead:

Sith Lord 0498
05-14-2005, 06:57 AM
In no particular order, I would have to say that these are the lousiest duds from the ROTS line so far.

1) Anakin Skywalker (ROTS #28)
2) Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS #27)
3) Palpatine (ROTS #35)
4) General Grievous (ROTS #36)
5) Wookiee Warrior (ROTS #43)
6) Destroyer Droid (ROTS #44)
7) Yoda on Can Cell (ROTS Deluxe)
8) Clonetrooper with jetpack (ROTS Deluxe)
9) Anakin Skywalker's green Jedi Interceptor (TRU Exclusive)
10) Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS #1) - solely because they sculpted the wrong saber to his hand

beckmen
05-14-2005, 08:35 PM
I disagree. I actually think Anakin #28 is one of the best figures in the line. I hate the Alice Cooper eyepaint, but other than that he rocks. Way better than #2, who only can be posed 2 differant ways (holding his saber with two hands) becuase of how bad his arm/elbow joints look. Even if yoyu did ingore the eyesore of the joints, they are so floppy that he won't stay in a pose anyway.

I don't know why you all hate the AOTC line so much. I liked that line. No crappy joints! Granted, I prefer the awesome articulation of say the #41 Clone (why don't they do ALL the figs like this? Super-Articulated Obi, Ani and Mace would rock!) but at the same time we get floppy, ugly-looking Obi and Anis...

Mad Slanted Powers
05-15-2005, 05:01 PM
I like quite a few of the figures so far, though I don't have anything above #40 yet. I've opened #1-8, 10, 13, 15-25, 29-35, 38, deluxe Sidious and deluxe Grievous. Many of the figures have great articulation. However, Aayla has perhaps too much articulation. Her joints are so loose, she'll start doing the limbo all on her own if I don't pose it right. Luminara and Shaak Ti would probably be the same, but their skirts help keep them stable while on their stands. Mon Mothma's dress and high heels seem to make the peg holes in her feet useless, but she stands well on her own, so it's not a problem.

My least favorite so far would be the Super Battle Droid. The leg pose is kind of fixed, and I switched to the smaller arm because the big one seemed too heavy for the figure to keep standing.

JediTricks
05-15-2005, 08:12 PM
Other than the bright orange bandolier, the only complaint I have with the wookie, is the same thing they did with Tarful and Chewie. The articulation at the knees and elbows. :(
Both wookiee warrior figs have diagonal-cut elbows and swivel wrists which I feel have much better range of motion than the horrible swivel elbows on Tarfful, and Tarf doesn't have articulated wrists at all. Also, #43's knees are the same crappy articulation as Tarf's, but the pose is MUCH better.

Way better than #2, who only can be posed 2 differant ways (holding his saber with two hands) becuase of how bad his arm/elbow joints look.I have both #1 and #2 reaching for their lightsabers, it's a good pose but the arms do occasionally flop away from the saber hilts on their belts. I've found a few other good poses here, the joint rotation helps make up for the floppiness on the right arms. Neither are great, but I haven't found them entirely bad.

Val Da Car
05-15-2005, 08:39 PM
That is why I am a Scene & Clone Army Builder....doesn't matter which one, paint, exclusivity or any of that business......

An occasional variant (Blue Palpatine comes to mind) but after 30 Ep 3 clones, 10 Target Clones, 12 Commanders, 8 pilots, 8 Red Royals, 6 Blue Royals.......I don't have a single Ep 3 Obi Wan just to avoid silliness about which saber is correctly molded to the hand of the figure.

ahhh...must better I feel...

samskull
05-16-2005, 09:07 AM
I wish I could find one Target Clone for my Army. That's it - I'm moving to Wisconsin!

darthdeogg
05-16-2005, 02:27 PM
I have to this day bought ONE RotS figure (Darth Vader, #11). I wish I'd have kept it carded.

On the whole from what I've seen I'm quite disappointed with many of the RotS figs. I just do NOT see me buying up a whole lot of these.

I DO, however, fully plan on getting the 12" Anakin with Vader armor (boxed like the 12" Jango from AotC) :D

beckmen
05-16-2005, 02:32 PM
I thought Blue Palps was an error...

Sith Lord 0498
05-16-2005, 04:32 PM
I thought Blue Palps was an error...

It is an error. However, one's definition of a variant can include errors as well as intentional alternative versions (blue Guard w/ one type of helmet vs. red Guard w/ another type of helmet). Blue Palps was just a $*%@-up. :p

Val Da Car
05-16-2005, 09:14 PM
I wish I could find one Target Clone for my Army. That's it - I'm moving to Wisconsin!

and found 3 Super Art Clones today....wookies (but no cookies) and the Neomoidian...freaky but cool figs.

JediTricks
05-17-2005, 01:42 AM
I found the Neimoidian and Destroyer Droid today.

I see what they were getting at with the Destroyer, but the designer really needed to double-check the scale of the lower body in relation to the upper body and the location of the neck attachment and... well, not have 2 dopey gimmicks - the missile is awful, the arms are pretty lame, I think the arms are the keeper of the 2 though as they at least don't change the look of the figure that much. The ball-jointed shoulders and waist on this figure are TOTALLY useless since they both have pegs following it that make any angling impossible. This figure is a bit of a loser, and I'm glad I didn't buy the version from the Saga line.

The Neimoidian on the other hand is pretty nifty, he looks like his card's movie photo (except not quite as wimpy and weasel-y) and has decent articulation even though the elbows are diagonal-cut joints (hey, at least he can straighten his arms). His gimmick is really pointless though, squeeze his legs and he gamely turns to his left, "power smash!" my aunt fanny! I like the figure, but too bad they WAY oversized his weapon to make it a STUPID pointless projectile launcher, this is precisely the reason I hate these things, they ruin what could have been a perfectly good accessory. The bloated rifle can be held like a guitar or in a few other ways, but it's really oversized and so none are that adequate, it's too bad really because the figure is good but comes with a crappy gun.