PDA

View Full Version : Episode II Preview Toys: This month??

PloKoon2385
01-09-2002, 11:15 PM
I thought that it was confirmed that it WASN'T going to be this month. Does anyone know the truth? Who are the figs going to be? I am guessing Jango and Anakin and Obi-Wan.....maybe someone else. Do you think they will be hard to find? Or do you think they will be pegwarmers like the Episode I preview STAP? I really don't know.....:confused: :confused:

Beast
01-09-2002, 11:23 PM
I don't think those memos were meant to go out til Febuary, as the preview assortment was supposed to come out in March. But oh well, we'll soon see. From what I have read, and heard this will be 4 figures from the upcoming Episode II movie on POTJ cards. They will in April be re-issued on the new STar Wars Card.

1. Jango Fett
2. Zam Wessel
3. Shaak Ti
4. Clone Trooper

The pictures that surfaced recently of the E2 prototypes, few of the figures were fully painted and finished figures. Of the ones that were, the first three of the preview figures were pictured. This makes sense as these three figures would have to be completed earlier then the others to make the preview asst.

Beast
01-09-2002, 11:26 PM
Jango Fett figure picture

Beast
01-09-2002, 11:27 PM
Zam Wessel figure picture

Beast
01-09-2002, 11:28 PM
Shaak Ti figure picture

PloKoon2385
01-09-2002, 11:29 PM
Sirsteve posted an email to northeast toys r us' :
http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=28&show_article=23

JEDIpartner
01-10-2002, 08:15 AM
Well... it is certainly interesting in that, if these really are coming out at the end of January, they are coming out before ToyFair. I suppose if they release these figures, additional sculpts for them may show up in the line later on. After all, look at the difference between the "sneak peek" Mace Windu and the one that was later released with the Choco Shell.

Maybe I'm completely off my mong, but didn't the MM Gian Speeder set & the STAP come out around this time of the year when they started previewing TPM?

Obi-Don
01-10-2002, 08:40 AM
I think you might be right. I believe they did come out right about now before TPM.

JediTricks
01-10-2002, 10:53 AM
The AF Gian Speeder and Theed arch set came out in November '98, the POTF2 STAP not much later than that.

JediCole
01-10-2002, 11:47 AM
A sure-fire way to find out if the figures are shipping by the end of the month is to look for them on eBay. It seems that there is always someone offering the "next wave" of figures (usually someone in Europe or Asia) at least two to four weeks in advance of the domestic release. Of course it always baffles me why Europe sometimes gets things (like the Eopie) before the U.S. when Hasbro is a U.S. company!

Jayspawn
01-10-2002, 11:55 AM
It would be cool if they arrived later this month. Any figure they decide to make is is really ok with me.

(as long as its not one of those non-articulated, bad likeness pieces of crap!)

Jargo
01-10-2002, 02:45 PM
I think the Eopie issue is something of a guilt trip for Hasbro. They feel bad about not having any real European representation and so they occasionally bung a few interesting items our way to shut us up. Sure they're an American company but they sell to the whole world. The fact that all the store exclusives and mail-in figures are US only exclusives and mail-ins is indicative of the way they generally regard the rest of the world - as second class. It's only the fact that most traders over here buy straight from the orient that they managed to get hold of the asian exclusive pit droid pack-in sets. Otherwise we wouldn't have seen them either.
When the new jedi points deal surfaces (if it does) that will allow us to get some exclusive figure or other (Stormtrooper 4-pack perhaps?) you can bet your bottom dollar that Europe and the rest of the world will be excluded from this deal and be forced to find the figure/s on the secondary market at extortionate prices.
When hasbro ceases their Americacentric attitude I will be happy.
But let me also say that I understand the reasons for some of that attitude, Britain has the highest toy safety standards in the world, Our import regulations are also the most stringent. Hasbro probably gave up fighting and decided to simply not export to the UK and save on the hassle of having to take safety issues into hand when designing. But now the figures have begun to be made from the softee bendy vynil plastics they will meet the UK standards so I see no reason for the toys not to reach us at the same time and in the same numbers as they do in the States.
It can only be retail trepidation on the part of the traders who got stung by episode one overkill that is the stalling factor at play.

I'd love to talk to a Hasbro rep and find out what the score really is. Chances of that happening are about as good as me finally getting a Yarna D'al Gargan action figure I guess....:rolleyes: :)

And the preview figures thing - Just because they're turning up at stores at the end of January doesn't mean they'll be going on sale then. Hasbro probably have a disclaimer on them that states they can't be sold until a certain date. Which means plenty will go out the back door and turn up on ebay I suspect. Can anyone smell a scalper looming....?
I heard tell that the figures were going to be Jango Fett, Zam Wessel, battle droid and clonetrooper. So many rumours, so little hard fact..... :D

derek
01-10-2002, 04:01 PM
jedi cole,

hasbro is an american company in name only. all their merchandise is produced in china. it seems perfectly logical that goods produced in asia could find their way to europe before crossing the pacific ocean to north america.

jargo,

the eiope wasn't released in the states because retailers didn't want it. just like the 12 inch queen and qui gon 2 pack. if the eiope had been released here, it would of been in the bargin bin with the opee sea fish.:)

GNT
01-10-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
When the new jedi points deal surfaces (if it does) that will allow us to get some exclusive figure or other (Stormtrooper 4-pack perhaps?) you can bet your bottom dollar that Europe and the rest of the world will be excluded from this deal and be forced to find the figure/s on the secondary market at extortionate prices.

So true :( :mad:

JonoFett
01-13-2002, 09:58 AM
Those figures are not going to be easy to display on RealStands. I sincerely hope they correct the diameter of Shaak-Ti's lightsaber blade, it looks competely out of proportion.