PDA

View Full Version : Burger King Vader

beckmen
05-13-2005, 06:13 PM
PM me if you're interested. My crazy friend got TEN of the things from Burger King today (he cherry-picked all the boxes in the storage shack) and we were going to put them on Ebay, but I figured I'd give you guys a chance to get them from me. Not sure on the price, we can discuss that if/when you PM me...

JediTricks
05-13-2005, 06:36 PM
I know for sure someone here who wants one, so if I may, I will speak up for it in his place.

Thunderstorm1
05-14-2005, 09:48 AM
PM me if you're interested. My crazy friend got TEN of the things from Burger King today (he cherry-picked all the boxes in the storage shack) and we were going to put them on Ebay, but I figured I'd give you guys a chance to get them from me. Not sure on the price, we can discuss that if/when you PM me...

PM Sent Beckmen

Wugmanmax
05-14-2005, 09:57 AM
What you are doing is shameful. Go give them to some kids.

beckmen
05-14-2005, 01:32 PM
What you are doing is shameful. Go give them to some kids.

I know. :(

beckmen
05-14-2005, 01:42 PM
OK, these are going to 20-30 bucks on Ebay, so keep that in mind. I think I'd actually rather trade than actually SELL these things, so go ahead and send me a list of items you'd like to trade (I am looking for loose, but complete items...any line, just list what you have and I'll probably find something tyhat catches my eye) and we'll see what happens.

Cash-wish, I guess I am asking 20 bucks plus shipping.

Happy Hunting.

beckmen
05-14-2005, 06:59 PM
Here's a list of some of the stuff I am looking for, guys. I'll add some stuff maybe later...

Anakin's Starfighter (Either version, ROTS)
Anakin's Starfighter (Clone Wars)
Jedi Starfighter (Saga, AOTC)
Slave I (Saga, AOTC)
TIE Fighter (Any line)
B-Wing (Any line)
Y-Wing (Any line)
TIE Interceptor (Any line)
TIE Bomber (Any line)
EU Snowspeeder
EU Cloud Car
EU Speeder Bike
Geonosian Starfighter
X-Wing (The Dagobah or Red Leader ones, the new sculpt version, not the Vintafge/POTF2 one)

ROTS:
Clone Commander
Clone Trooper #41
AT-TE Gunner

R2Going
05-14-2005, 07:21 PM
That's a hilarious trade list for a figure that costs between a 1.00 and 1.99. Folks keep an eye out. We still have five weeks to find a vader.

Remember, don't feed the scalpers.

Here's a list of some of the stuff I am looking for, guys. I'll add some stuff maybe later...

Anakin's Starfighter (Either version, ROTS)
Anakin's Starfighter (Clone Wars)
Jedi Starfighter (Saga, AOTC)
Slave I (Saga, AOTC)
TIE Fighter (Any line)
B-Wing (Any line)
Y-Wing (Any line)
TIE Interceptor (Any line)
TIE Bomber (Any line)
EU Snowspeeder
EU Cloud Car
EU Speeder Bike
Geonosian Starfighter
X-Wing (The Dagobah or Red Leader ones, the new sculpt version, not the Vintafge/POTF2 one)

ROTS:
Clone Commander
Clone Trooper #41
AT-TE Gunner

Reefer Shark
05-14-2005, 07:48 PM
That's a hilarious trade list for a figure that costs between a 1.00 and 1.99. Folks keep an eye out. We still have five weeks to find a vader.

Remember, don't feed the scalpers.

No kidding. One of these vehicles or $20 for a $1 kids meal toy? Too funny. lol

The really funny thing was pointed out in the other thread - they are 5 per case each week, but they will be in every assortment. These are gonna flood ebay, and then just sit there after everyone realizes they're not really that rare after all.

I suggest puting them up on ebay ASAP if you and your freind really want to scalp them that bad.

beckmen
05-14-2005, 07:50 PM
This will be the last time I do something like this. I hate scalpers just as much as the next guy, but opportunity knocked and I answered.

mastermatt24
05-14-2005, 08:25 PM
I dont like scalpers, and honestly, what your asking for is really sad. I hope no one gives you those ships for that stupid vader. I just got a vader today for $1.07, there is no need to be asking that much for one as you are. If you wanted money then by all means go to ebay but dont put it here.

beckmen
05-14-2005, 08:48 PM
Each box has 200 toys I think, and out of those 200 there's only 5 vaders (or maybe it's 200, PLUS 5 Vaders).

mastermatt24
05-14-2005, 08:51 PM
And that makes it even worse that your scalping them. :dead: :mad:

moulman
05-14-2005, 09:22 PM
I agree its preety sad that your doing this. Its even worse though that you think you can pull this over on us:p

Wugmanmax
05-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Each box has 200 toys I think, and out of those 200 there's only 5 vaders (or maybe it's 200, PLUS 5 Vaders).

But as I pointed out in the other thread: a box equals 39x5=195 + 5 Vaders.

The 39 for each character is a "wave" basis. Pretty much when Wave one is done, it's done. Han, the Falcon, Jabba, Wicket, and Luke will be sold out. Vader, on the other hand, will return with each next wave. 6 waves + 5 Vaders per box ultimately equals 30 Vaders for every 39 of every other character. Rare? Only in the weak-minded. :greedy:

beckmen
05-14-2005, 10:23 PM
Sorry, guys. But it's like I said...I had the opportunity and I took it. I am not actively looking for stuff to scalp or anything. I probably WOULD let these go for around retail, but shipping is a massive hassle for me. I have to be awake when the post office is open, find a ride to the post office, find a package that's the right size, ect. I am not twisting your arm to trade me for these, either.

Kidhuman
05-14-2005, 10:25 PM
Beckmen, what you are doing is absurd. 20 bucks each for a toy. Please do us a favcor and end this and sell em on Ebay. This thread is not a good thing and is not headed in a good direction.

All posters please tone down the remarks, the best way to show displeasure in his choices is not to respond to them.

Thank you.

Please tone it down in here

mastermatt24
05-14-2005, 11:23 PM
Beckmen, what you are doing is absurd. 20 bucks each for a toy. Please do us a favcor and end this and sell em on Ebay. This thread is not a good thing and is not headed in a good direction.

Yes!!!!!!!! Excelently said KH!

2-1B
05-15-2005, 01:01 AM
I'll pay you $40 for one, plus shipping.

Kidhuman
05-15-2005, 01:19 AM
Caesar I got an extra one for the low price of 199.95, and the good soul that I am I will sport the shipping.:beard:

JediTricks
05-15-2005, 04:23 PM
I know for sure someone here who wants one, so if I may, I will speak up for it in his place.
I think I can safely say that the person I was holding this for won't want it at this level.

I have moved the thread to the Trading section since that is what it is now.

beckmen
05-15-2005, 07:56 PM
I didn't know there was a trading section. Good to know.

beckmen
05-15-2005, 08:36 PM
I am dropping the asking "price" to one figure. Here's a list...

Clone Trooper #41
Clone Commander
Wookie Warrior Dark Variant
Wookie Warrior Light Variant
AT-TE Gunner
Chewbacca (ROTS)

Reefer Shark
05-15-2005, 10:12 PM
Right on Beckmen,
That's a lot more realistic than your previous list. You might actually get some traders now! ;)

beckmen
05-15-2005, 11:57 PM
I was seduced by the Dark Side of the Force. Corrupted by greed and power. Consumed, I was.

And still am. Just not as massivly.

beckmen
05-16-2005, 02:35 PM
OK guys, I have 5 left if anyone else is interest...

tagmac
05-16-2005, 04:52 PM
But as I pointed out in the other thread: a box equals 39x5=195 + 5 Vaders.

The 39 for each character is a "wave" basis. Pretty much when Wave one is done, it's done. Han, the Falcon, Jabba, Wicket, and Luke will be sold out. Vader, on the other hand, will return with each next wave. 6 waves + 5 Vaders per box ultimately equals 30 Vaders for every 39 of every other character. Rare? Only in the weak-minded. :greedy:

Thank BK for the problem, as they listed the Vader as "limited quantities available." Music to scalpers' ears. And even though the numbers make it less, but not quite so rare, how many parents will take their kids every week to try to get one, when every other figure will be around for the whole week (wait...in today's society, what parent DOESN'T take their kid nearly every day :rolleyes: )? Regardless, once all is said and done with, these probably won't be worth all that much. I wasn't even gonna bother searching, but I went in today and got one without even asking - just asked which figures they had, but didn't ask for any specifically. I got mine, and that's all I need.

beckmen
05-16-2005, 11:12 PM
It doesn't even do anything. The other toys have semi-fun features like vibro-motion, cool slide-shows and pull-back racing type dealies.

beckmen
05-17-2005, 12:38 PM
I am adding the #6 Clone Trooper to the list of figs I'll trade.

beckmen
06-27-2005, 03:09 PM
The offer is still on the table, but email me (beckmen@yahoo.com) since I got bored with these forums (I go in and out of various hobbies and interests).