PDA

View Full Version : Target Exclusive Clone Trooper OR Clone Trooper #41

1st Prime
05-14-2005, 07:49 AM
Sorry everyone if this was posted before i can't find the thread. So which figure has the best articulation? The Target exclusive or the #41 clone trooper? I haven't seen either but I'm looking for #41. Thank you. :)

Blackened88
05-14-2005, 01:02 PM
They are the same figures except for a few things, the head on 41 is more movable though.

Kidhuman
05-14-2005, 11:54 PM
To me the Target clone is #41 with the weapons from #6 and some stickers on him.

AmanaMatt
05-15-2005, 12:34 AM
They are super close but #41 has better head articulation, however, Target Clone looks more film accurate, but they both are sweet.

1st Prime
05-15-2005, 07:24 AM
Thanks everyone for the response. Now the search for #41 will begin. :D

JediTricks
05-15-2005, 09:04 PM
#41 has the antenna array that plugs into the top of his back armor which I have heard the Target version does not.

samskull
05-16-2005, 11:00 AM
Isn't the paint scheme on the Target Clone supposed to be on a figure with a different helmet? In the new Visual Dictionary that paint scheme is on a Commander figure - I forgot his name. But he has a distinctly different helmet.

Why would only the Commander have a different helmet? Wouln't the whole unit have that? Has anyone actually seen a picture of this particular trooper other that what's with the figure?

Is this just another Target EU figure for me to hunt down?! Shed some light on this...someone...please.

Thanks boy-ohs!

Blackened88
05-16-2005, 11:10 AM
The Commander your talking about is Neyo, I'm guessing his helmet is different because he is a Commander and he can customize his helmet if he wants too.

Scackmgack
05-16-2005, 11:13 AM
I imagine only a Commander would have a different helmet for the same reason only a Captain has Captain's stripes on his uniform epaulettes - so you can tell who the Captain is and isn't. *shrug* Battle gets pretty confusing - you don't want to have to spend a lot of time figuring out where your C.O. is before reporting in to him or getting an important message to him.

HighLordDave
05-16-2005, 11:24 AM
I imagine only a Commander would have a different helmet for the same reason only a Captain has Captain's stripes on his uniform epaulettes - so you can tell who the Captain is and isn't.

It also makes it easier for snipers to figure out who is who, so they can shoot the leaders first.

samskull
05-16-2005, 11:31 AM
Wait. His mask has a different breathing apparatus for the environment he's on (which one I don't know). Wouldn't his troops need this same special equipment? I know Lucas is nuts with his paint schemes this time around, but why would only one commander have this helmet (and not all commanders)? We've seen lots of varied Trooper gear before...I still think the whole unit would be uniform. even Veers wore the standard issue Commander gear.

Either way...I still haven't found the Target Clone yet - film version or not. :cry:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-16-2005, 01:03 PM
I have both, and from what I can tell, the Target clone is the same one from the 2003 Clone Wars line (the impossible-to-find one), the same one released with the Darth Vader carry case and in packs from EE. The differences are the helmet, the red symbols, and the extra rifle.

The #41 clone is mostly new, but it has a few recycled parts. The torso is all new, and it shares parts with both the CW and ROTS troopers (I think). Its neck is too long so you can always see part of the ball that his head sits on, and he looks odd next to the neckless Target clone.

JediTricks
05-27-2005, 02:28 AM
I can confirm what JabbaJohn is saying, Cool Han Luke helped me get a CT#41 and it's sculpt is almost totally different (sharper too) while the Target Clone has the same body as the CW SA CT, there's no question. I don't think they share even 1 piece in common, I thought the crotch was the same but even that's different.

samskull
05-27-2005, 08:13 AM
Heh heh...he said crotch....heh heh.:D

ROTJLuke
05-27-2005, 07:08 PM
I got # 41, found one behind a palpatine at targets...I unfortuneatly passed up the target one...there were three...I hid one, came back, and none of them were there...:(

beckmen
05-27-2005, 07:11 PM
IMO the Target one is over-all better, the 41 still rules. So many awesome poses. The articulated waist really adds how many poses you can do. Like laying down and sniping, or being Force-dragged on the ground (like in CW), aiming down toward the ground or up at the sky, ect.

JediTricks
05-27-2005, 10:40 PM
How is the Target one actually better though? Is it just the paint?

beckmen
05-28-2005, 01:10 AM
The Target Trooper is better because...

1: The black paint of the neck goes up for enough to no reveal a peice of white plastic on the guy's neck like 41 does...

2: It's a minor complaint, but the communication array is kind of dumb, and when you remove it there's a little slit on the back of the troop.

sasfan
05-28-2005, 02:54 PM
Did anyone notice the ammo pouches are upside down on the #41 Clone figure ?:crazed:
Slightly increasing the range of motion on these figs would make them outstanding, but for now I just get the X-Acto knife out and trim carefully. :nerv:

JediTricks
05-29-2005, 09:20 PM
No, I hadn't noticed that, but you are correct, the pouches are upside down on #41 only, not on the Clone Commander who has the same belt. You can see the clones' belts on this page and clearly the #41's belt is inverted from that: http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/rela_cloneprops.htm

Good eye!