PDA

View Full Version : Question

Dark Knight
01-09-2002, 11:26 PM
My brother has a metal millenniun falcon from the 1977. I have not seen a price or another ship like it. It's about six inchs.

Any idea's?

PLMK

:confused: :evil: :confused:

JEDIpartner
01-10-2002, 08:32 AM
Hey there Dark Knight!

I know exactly what you are talking about. These vehicles actually started coming out around the time Kenner started the next wave of SW figures after the original 12 (late 1978/early 1979). This vehicle in question was part of the Die Cast vehicles series.

The series eventually included these ships (the ones with a "*" are the ones I have):

X-Wing*
T.I.E. Fighter*
Darth Vader's T.I.E. Fighter*
Landspeeder*
Y-Wing
Millennium Falcon
Slave 1*
Snowspeeder
Star Destroyer with Blockade Runner
Twin-Pod Cloud Car

The series, to the best of my recollection was discontinued after ESB, which gave way to the Micro Collection. None of the ships were really in scale with each other. I suppose the only ones in scale with each other were the fighters, the Cloud Car and the Slave 1. I can't recall for sure, but the Snowspeeder and the Landspeeder were probably a pretty close match as well. The Star Destroyer had a sliding door over the docking area and a little teeny Blockade Runner could be placed in there by its peg.

The smaller ships were around the $2.99-$3.49 price point and the larger ships (even the Y-Wing) were priced around $6.99.

Aren't you glad you asked??

Obi-Don
01-10-2002, 08:35 AM
I had the Star destoryer,Y-Wing and the Falcon. Boy, I wish I still had them now.

Dark Knight
01-10-2002, 10:14 PM
Thanks for answering so quickly Jedipartnr. I have another question.How much is the falcon worth today or where could I found out?

Thanks

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
The smaller ships were around the $2.99-$3.49 price point and the larger ships (even the Y-Wing) were priced around $6.99.

Aren't you glad you asked??

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Bel-Cam Jos
01-12-2002, 10:01 AM
Wasn't the TIE Bomber included in the Die Cast series too, JEDIpartnr? That's one of the most expensive toys in the Kenner line. I had a friend who had the Falcon, Star Destroyer (cool bottom hatch feature), and Y-Wing. I loved going to his house to play! All my friends had cooler SW toys than me, but only I am addicted to collecting and talking about them today! Take that, you mature, well-adjusted, family-raising, normal life-living citizens!:p

By the way, the 2nd edition of the Tomart's Price Guide to Worldwide SW Collectibles has the Falcon at $195 MIMB, or $550 MIMB w/ a special background insert. I'm sure SSG's price guide here could have helped you, too. ;) Lookit here! (http://www.myfigures.com/pg/)