PDA

View Full Version : strange find at Target

DarkArtist
05-14-2005, 09:09 PM
Interesting find tonight at a local target. While shopping for some much needed stuff for the house, i happened to stop by the toy aisle and look in the star wars section. No exclusive clones but a vader on operating table and an at-te gunner. But that was not the strange part, looking for other figures to add to the collection i happened upon yes a holographic yoda ????? at first i was surprised to see a tru exclusive in target but yes there it was laying in the back of the figure peg on a mint card. the best part about the deal it rang up as .50 cents ?????

Kidhuman
05-14-2005, 10:51 PM
Thats a damn good find. I wonder who actually took that back at Target

bobafrett
05-14-2005, 10:55 PM
Yeah, I just looked at my Holo Yoda, and it has a Toy's R Us exclusive sticker on the right side of the bubble. Someone probably got it for free with the purchase, then returned it to Target to get full price for it, when they shoulda tried eBay.

mastermatt24
05-14-2005, 11:29 PM
Thats really interesting.. :crazed:

darko666
05-14-2005, 11:29 PM
thats def an interesting find. i'm surprised Target actually took the yoda as a return, when in fact it is a TRU exclusive. makes no sense, but at this point, who cares. you found a holo yoda and some other cool toys.

beckmen
05-15-2005, 01:26 AM
Why would it ring up, though? I mean wouldn't it say "UPC Not Found!" ?

Kidhuman
05-15-2005, 01:35 AM
Because they can use a certain code for it. And if it is on clearance they just use a clearance SKU for the dept.

tagmac
05-15-2005, 05:37 PM
I tried to return a couple figures once a couple years ago with a valid Target receipt, for figures that were in stock, and the same peice. However, the receipt only had the UPC for collection 1 figs, while my two were from collection 2, which has a upc code that's a number off. While I can understand them checking receipts that well as a general rule (something most places don't do), I was a little ticked since I wasn't trying to rip them off. Now I hear them taking back a figure that would even be in their system - ridiculous!

Incidentally, for all the hassle to find a holo Yoda, I found a whole peg full of 'em for $9.99 each at TRU the other night. I'm shocked they were there - I could easily see some scalper empty the whole peg into his cart and then off to ebay.

Sith Lord 0498
05-15-2005, 09:18 PM
Incidentally, for all the hassle to find a holo Yoda, I found a whole peg full of 'em for $9.99 each at TRU the other night. I'm shocked they were there - I could easily see some scalper empty the whole peg into his cart and then off to ebay.

I had the same experience today. I figure it's one of two possibilities.

1) TRU sent another wave of holo Yodas to the stores to coincide with their big sale the weekend before the movie (most logical)

2) Scalpers returned their holo Yodas to TRUs because they finally realized they wouldn't get hundreds of dollars for their haul (most karmically pleasing)

VaderhitsJarjar
05-16-2005, 11:14 PM
Strangest thing happened to me today.
I was walking through my local target looking for Intoxicated Jawa Figure - He'll go great in front of my K-mart Cantina set - when I realized my ever- trusted lucky charm (holographic Yoda) was missing from my oversized fannypack. I must of dropped him near aisle 32 over by the canned foods cause I remember feeling a bit lighter as I passed the beans.

Im really upset