PDA

View Full Version : 12" gripes...

aricajade
05-15-2005, 10:11 AM
My son loves Grievous (I think just because he wields multiple sabers) so we have many Grievous toys. I picked up the 12" Grievous the other day because he looked absolutely awesome! Much to our disappointment when we opened him, he will not hold his lightsabers! Not a single one! His fingers are made so flimsy that they will not hold even an un-ignited base in his hands without dropping it. He still looks awesome, and if his hands would have been a stiffer plastic he would rock.

But why on Earth would you give a figure four lightsabers and make it so that he won't hold any of them!!!

Another Hasbro disappointment. I was going to take it back, but my son decided "maybe general grievous could beat up the good guys without his lightsabers" so we unfortunately kept it...But to any who have aspirations of opening this plastic piece of crap, be warned!!!

Bacta Beast
05-15-2005, 03:52 PM
Kinda like the 12" Chewies that I've seen.

JediTricks
05-15-2005, 08:01 PM
There's been a lot of griping about Grievous in this section and in the Reviews section, so you are not alone.

I can get Grievous to hold 2 of his sabers, BARELY, but only the front set of hands will hold them, and it's VERY precarious.

drsidious
05-16-2005, 12:42 AM
i posed him up early mornin on april 2nd,
got all 4 sabers into his hands by wedgin the belt posts between the fingers,
went to sleep,
i woke up an he was in a pile on the ground,
havent been able ta pull it off since.

eshulmire
05-16-2005, 01:24 AM
The best way to pose him is to take the stands from one of the female 12 inch jedi and use it to stand him up because his leg joints suck pretty bad too. Then open up some of your figuers and take that clear ruber band off there hands. You can use those to put the light sabers in his hand by wraping them around the hand and light saber. I tried useing all four but his arms kept falling off due to the weight of the sabers.His shoulder joint sucks pretty bad as well so its hard to pose him. good luck hope this helps. :)

Jayspawn
05-16-2005, 01:32 AM
You know, I almost bought a 12" Grevious on April 2nd. But I looked good at it and figured that he wouldnt hold his lightsabers too well. :rolleyes: So I decided to pass.

JediTricks
05-16-2005, 04:11 AM
Long-term, I hadn't considered that, I highly doubt there's a way to do it. I bet if you clear-band the sabers to his hands, his friggin' forearms will fall off after a while.

drsidious
05-16-2005, 05:38 AM
i think mebbe epoxy and fire would work :crazed: :crazed: