PDA

View Full Version : Auctions Update - Get Ready for Hard Launch

SirSteve
05-15-2005, 02:15 PM
You may or may not know that we did a very soft launch (no promoting it other than within our Forums) of our Auction system. Everything seemed to go well but I wasn't completely happy with it (the system). I've made some changes and like what George Lucas did, I present our Forum Community first with the new SSG Auctions Special Edition.

You will find it visually more appealing and there are many new features such as the ability to offer a Trade and Wanted Ads and of course, the Anti-Sniping feature is still there. We invite you to try us out, it's FREE to list items to sell and we'll give you $10.00 in credit to use towards fees when you register!

We will start promoting it heavily across the web and print ads so check it out at http://auctions.sirstevesguide.com , help us get it going by adding items and spreading the word that you have laying around and most of all, HAVE FUN!

PS. Everyone has to re-register. From here on out, this will be the final registration process (for those that have registered before).

Hellboy
05-15-2005, 03:32 PM
I tried to re-register and after entering my info it told me:
"the email domain you have submitted is not allowed for registration."

I use yahoo so I was wondering why it would say this? :confused:

JediTricks
05-15-2005, 04:53 PM
I just looked through this system and sent you (Steve) a few thoughts on little tweaks, mostly FAQ stuff that needed clarifying or language changes. The system looks FAR better than the previous, much more professional and I like the additional features here. I'm especially amazed that there's Auction Watch and Item Watch features built-in, that one really caught my attention.

UPDATE: Hellboy, it's because of a user-verification policy to ensure accurate registrations, SirSteve just added to the registration page an explanation of why the auctions don't allow free-mail addresses: "In order to verify your identity, 'free' email accounts are not allowed at this time since we do not require a credit credit on file."

SirSteve
05-15-2005, 05:22 PM
I tried to re-register and after entering my info it told me:
"the email domain you have submitted is not allowed for registration."

I use yahoo so I was wondering why it would say this? :confused:

In order to verify your identity, '"free'' email accounts are not allowed at this time since we do not require a credit credit on file. We are looking into a verification system that would require a credit card or paypal account on file.

JediTricks
05-18-2005, 10:55 PM
Just a quick update, that policy has been changed by Steve, now you can use freemail accounts but you have to provide a paypal account as verification.