PDA

View Full Version : To Yoda A CLIO You Will Give! Funny SW Commercials

MaquisWarrior
05-15-2005, 11:24 PM
I love all the Star Wars Commercials:
1)The one form the USG where the cool dad has a headband swinging around a red plastic lightsaber and there's his son with a yellow one (It takes a man to be a dad).
2)The Chewie Cingular phone ad where he is barking and the director is making him do it over and over again. And in the waiting room the entire SW gang is there and C3PO complains "what is taking them so long!"
3)The Vader vs the BK janitor. The poor guy just put the mop in the bucket and the metal part almost hits Vader so Vader cuts it off with his saber as if in a duel. The janitor just looks angrily at Vader, as Vader is still challenging him.
4)The BK ad where some fat guy is enjoying his BK takeout (you see some toys and the crowns in the background) and he wins the grand prize of that contest and Vader is at the door.The guy open the door for him and Vader says:"I am your father!" The guy:"Sure you are. You just want my money!" Vader says:"I am your Uncle!" The guy then slams the door shut on him.
5)The BK commercial (I saw the complete version in Spanish) where the BK manager gives Chewie his BK uniform and a hair net. ( the Spainsh version the manager is telling Chewie things like "here's your uniform" and "come in at this time", etc.) I like where Chewiehas his hairnet and he looks at his body and then opens the hairnet and looks at his body again. (In Spainish the manager asks Chewie filppantly:"Is there a problem, sir?")
6) And finally, the Diet Pepsi ad where some dude is eating a good looking burger and fries (chips in UK) plate and the plate floats away from him and you hear Yoda's voice:"You will give that Cheesburger to Yoda!" Guy:"Here Yoda have my burger!" Yoda:"You will also give those fries to Yoda!" Guy:"Here Yoda have my fries!" Yoda:"That Diet Pepsi, Yoda must have!" Guy:"No I DON'T THINK SO!" Yoda:"But Yoda is a good Jedi Master.." Guy: "No way, man!", etc. Then Yoda looks at Chewie's Diet Pepsi and Chewie barks at him (translation Don't even think about it!)
7)The video game commercial where that dopey guy gets angry at a even dopier newspaper boy and knocks him down with the Force.
8)The Kellogg's commercial where a Latino boy finds (it's in English) those crappy spoonsabers and Vader comes out with his saber and they start fighting and his white mom comes out and tells her son and Vader:"either keep it down or take it outside!"
Good stuff!! C'n'est pas?

MaquisWarrior
05-15-2005, 11:42 PM
BEHIND THE SCENES of the Diet Pepsi Commercial:

Han: (to Chewie) SO THIS IS WHO YOU'RE HANGING AROUND WITH! YODA? YODA?
Yoda: Hey! Watch what you say you will?
Han: Shut, up....greenie? SO WHAT CHEWIE YOU LOVE HIM MORE THAN ME??
Yoda: Remember you will that George Lucas needs you to be Indiana Jones again. Shame it is if die you will!
Han: It's on BABY C'MON!
Yoda: Kick your ^$$ Yoda will! One cannot grasp Tersa Kasi so quickly. Fortunate you are.
Chewie gets between them and starts to cry. Then Lando shows up with his Colt 45's malt liquor.
Lando: Hey baby, I'm a lover not a fighter!
Then the rest is censored but it involves a hottub and a whole lot of lovin'!!!!

Ji'dai
05-16-2005, 12:19 AM
6) And finally, the Diet Pepsi ad where some dude is eating a good looking burger and fries (chips in UK) plate and the plate floats away from him and you hear Yoda's voice:"You will give that Cheesburger to Yoda!" Guy:"Here Yoda have my burger!" Yoda:"You will also give those fries to Yoda!" Guy:"Here Yoda have my fries!" Yoda:"That Diet Pepsi, Yoda must have!" Guy:"No I DON'T THINK SO!" Yoda:"But Yoda is a good Jedi Master.." Guy: "No way, man!", etc. Then Yoda looks at Chewie's Diet Pepsi and Chewie barks at him (translation:Don't even think about it!)

I liked this one, especially Yoda's expression after Chewie scolds him when the little guy tries to abscond with the Wookie's Pepsi.

There's also another BK one where a Stormtrooper employee uses his blaster to "light" the flame broiler. The manager comes over and says, "what'd I tell you about the blaster?!" The Stormtrooper fires into the broiler again anyway.

MaquisWarrior
05-16-2005, 01:25 AM
There's also another BK one where a Stormtrooper employee uses his blaster to "light" the flame broiler. The manager comes over and says, "what'd I tell you about the blaster?!" The Stormtrooper fires into the broiler again anyway.

I can't wait to see that one!
I saw three other ones during the rebroadcast of TPM and during Arena Football today (5/15/05):
1)Another one for the video game where a skuzzy looking guy and an attractive woman are in a subway. He tries to use the Force to lift her skirt and she Force chokes him instead. Not as funny, but okay!
2)The Lego game where the cute (IMO) figures something goes wrong ie. Maul's lightsaber conks out and he taps it on the wall and it comes out again; Qui-Gon trips on his robes; C3PO's limb comes off and you hear him say:"Oh, no! Not Again!",etc. Again, okay!
3)Chester Cheetah at the end of the regular ad shows the new limited time only "flavors" of dark side blue and yoda green. :zzz:

But so far Yoda's Diet Pepsi commercial still rocks!!!!

MaquisWarrior
05-16-2005, 01:35 AM
The Kellogg's commercial where the son fights Vader with the saber spoon now has the mom saying: Okay you two take it outside!

El Chuxter
05-16-2005, 02:34 PM
These commercials are funny, but they're more promotions for ROTS and don't really have anything to do with the Classic Trilogy, so I'm moving this to the EIII: No Spoilers forum.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-18-2005, 08:40 PM
That Pepsi ad could inspire an update in ESB when Yoda is rummaging through Luke's stuff.

LUKE: What are you doing? You're making a mess.

YODA: A Pepsi I am looking for. None you have?

or

LUKE: Hey, that's my dinner!

YODA: How you get so big eating food of this kind? A Pepsi I need to wash this down.

MaquisWarrior
05-23-2005, 02:01 AM
I saw two unfunny ones for BK: One where Vader and the Burger King (?) have a breathing contest and the one where R2D2 is playing a hologram of some guys' b&^*((y girlfriend teling him "it's over unless you win the trip.." I know hilarity all around!!!