PDA

View Full Version : New Target Exclusive?

mrpauldeeds
05-16-2005, 02:37 AM
kay, so we got the lava vader and clone trooper. does anyone know if Target is going to be making more exclusives anytime soon? I'm sure there will be more, but when? my local target manager said there is for sure more comming, but didnt tell me what or who it was. soooo that got me anxious.

anyone got any info?

drsidious
05-16-2005, 05:30 AM
he prolly meant more troopers, i see target beatin that hore till its dead.
in the past its been vehicles for target now i think there happy with something that dosent take up shelf space. like those huge speeder bikes.

Sith Lord 0498
05-16-2005, 05:45 AM
Technically, the Collector Case 5-pack is an exclusive that hasn't been released yet. Hasbro's official word on the matter is that they've recalled the improperly sized originals and will release corrected versions sometime in the future (hopefully near future).

Personally, I'd be happy if Target doesn't carry any more exclusives. Both the Lava Vader and Clonetrooper have been handled poorly. The Lava Vader ticket idea was good, but there were still the problems of a too limited production run and scalpers managing to get their hands on multiples. The Clonetrooper was not bound to a release date (increasing the difficulty in finding them) and again scalpers sometimes managed to walk away with entire cases!!

If Target decides to carry a limited edition exclusive again, I hope that it is with the purchase of X amount of dollars in SW merchandise and you have to take your receipt to customer service to obtain your one and only one exclusive.

drsidious
05-16-2005, 06:03 AM
thats a good idea, say i got like 13 thousand jedi master points.
mebbe ill stuff um inside something an return it to target . so someone can git there exclusive "hey i just bought a obi-wan starfighter an all was in it was lil cardboard squares" thanks hasbro for wasting my time :mad:
an im glad i bought that lava vader because i really hated it when i bought it like 7 years ago in the cinema sceen 3 pack with the luke and the palpy.
re-hash, re-use, re-paint, re-package, re-market, re-purchase ,re-pack in a closet untill my kid wants to crack it out or sell it on e-bay. :speech:
GUH

ROTJLuke
05-16-2005, 08:10 AM
yea...scalpers and the clonetrooper...mess up s**t...so hopefully if another special release is done, we have better notification about it, and its limited to one per customer...although scalpers find their ways around that too...

samskull
05-16-2005, 08:36 AM
Still haven't got the Clone Trooper...I have all but given up hope.

Please, no...more...Target...exclusives.

MaquisWarrior
05-16-2005, 08:48 AM
The next exclusives appear to be Clone Wars cartoon and OTC related (Twin Pod Cloud Car w/ black pilot or black guard) nothing extravagant like the famous LAVA VADER and SA CLONE, ese! Remember Clone Wars was a Target exclusive at first as well as most of the OTC line. And those were plentiful after the scalpers cleaned out the "first wave". Ditto at Wal-Mart.

samskull
05-16-2005, 09:12 AM
Finally a Cloud Car!

Now I can add it to the list of Target exclusives I won't be able to find.

Kidhuman
05-16-2005, 09:36 AM
I wouldnt buy into this Samskull. No one has heard anything about a CLoud car release. If there was one coming out, it wouldnt be in the middle of ROTS line.

Marquiswarrior, if I am wrong, prove me wrong.

samskull
05-16-2005, 10:05 AM
I know I hadn't...so, I guess I didn't miss any recent news-flash. But it was a nice fantasy while it lasted. :classic:

sith_killer_99
05-16-2005, 10:54 AM
Remember Clone Wars was a Target exclusive at first as well as most of the OTC line.

Only the first set of Animated Clone Wars figures were Target exclusives, OTC was never a Target exclusive?!?!?! :crazed: Though Target did have an exclusive re-painted/re-packed Slave 1 with re-packed Boba Fett that ended up on the clearance asile. :evil:

DieselsDen
05-16-2005, 11:11 AM
Though Target did have an exclusive re-painted/re-packed Slave 1 with re-packed Boba Fett that ended up on the clearance asile. :evil:

You found that item on clearance?!?!? That was one of the hardest-to-get toys here in Sacramento, California. The exclusive OTC Y-Wing was also scarce. On the other hand, there is an abundance of Millennium Falcons everywhere.

MaquisWarrior
05-16-2005, 12:03 PM
To those who don't believe me about the Cloud Car will have to wait until October to Christmas time to concide with the DVD release of ROTS, a rumored "perfect collection" of all six films (although the prequels will NOT be Spec.Ed.) and a one big "final goodbye" push that we are all expecting from Lucasfilm at year's end. By that time more hype about the TV show and cartoons will also appear as well as the IMAX editions in 2007! So SW won't really go away,just change.....again!
The Target OTC exclusives were the first "Cups" series, as well as the Y-wings and Slave 1s!

Sith Lord 0498
05-16-2005, 01:16 PM
yea...scalpers and the clonetrooper...mess up s**t...so hopefully if another special release is done, we have better notification about it, and its limited to one per customer...although scalpers find their ways around that too...

It will still make life miserable for the scalpers if Target restricts access to the exclusives by putting them behind the counter at the service desk. Unless the employees are co-conspirators, scalpers will be more closely bound to the rules. Sure they could get a bunch of their friends to go buy them, but how many friends could they round up for this.

Also, I have a hard time believing scalpers would network with each other to buy in bulk. These are greedy, selfish people who only think inward--I doubt they'd even entertain the notion of helping other scalpers gain access to these exclusives. It'd cut down on their profit margin.

Requiring a minimum purchase would also put a clamp down on scalpers. Make it reasonable though. If the exclusive is a figure, make it free with a $15-20 purchase. However, if someone tries the old "buy now and return it later" to essentially get the figure for free, Target could require them to pay $15-20 for the exclusive or return that as well. Now, how many scalpers would be willing to put that much money on the line and go through that hassle??

Of course, all of this would be too time-consuming and troublesome for a retail store. They're just interested in making a ton of money (as is any business).

You found that item on clearance?!?!? That was one of the hardest-to-get toys here in Sacramento, California. The exclusive OTC Y-Wing was also scarce. On the other hand, there is an abundance of Millennium Falcons everywhere.

It was the same in Northeastern PA. Originally, I saw about 6 Slave 1's at the original $30. Then, they sold out quick. Months later, about 20 showed up on clearance for $20. I bought mine when the price dropped to $15. At the end, however, there were 2-3 left at $7.50 before they sold and all the stock was gone. Crazy, eh?

darthdeogg
05-16-2005, 02:22 PM
Of course, all of this would be too time-consuming and troublesome for a retail store. They're just interested in making a ton of money (as is any business).

Which is why you almost definitely won't see a store-imposed limit happening. They have way too much to concern themselves with than a bunch of people whining and crying about supposed scalpers buying up everything. I know a while back many Targets had a two-per-character policy on stuff like this. And even then it wasn't too well enforced (do you REALLY think John Q. Target employee gives a rats behind?).

inkedforlife
05-16-2005, 03:07 PM
So far the Target Storm Trooper exclusive is not a Limited Edition. The Target store in my area is already on there sixth case of figures with no end in site. It also does not say 1 of 50,000 like the Lave Vader does.
Also I talked to a Hasbro rep at the Celebration 3 last month. He said he could not give details but they were in the works of some more types of Exclusives. He said they may do a mail in with proofs of purchase and possibly some more figures available based on purchases of other exclusives. Sounds like a lead in to more sales but I'm already hooked so whats more money.

evenflow
05-16-2005, 05:27 PM
A cloud car would be nice but i think they may just do more clones with different pain apps.

sithseeker
05-17-2005, 01:09 AM
If the target SA clone isnt an exclusive why isnt it available at target.com?

I hope thats it for exclusive figures, at least for target. They were horrible to cooperate with on this exclusive, with no company wide plan, greedy target employees who would horde the figure and buy it up themselves and no end to the amount of crap and confusion I got whenever I asked about this SA clone.

Its cool that posters have neat ideas on what Target should do to make it less confusing and more available to everyone but does anyone seriously believe target will figure this out and do a better job for future exclusive releases? I don't have that sort of confidence in them and certainly feel tainted in my collecting experience because of the methods I saw myself with this figures distribution.

If there are no more Target Exclusives I'll be really happy! I hate to think that I would buy from a scalper but the thought of driving from one target to the next and coming home empty handed or worse: with stories of seeing some nasty guy buy a case in front of me, I think I'd rather stay home and go to ebay and count my blessings.

Hey, 2 more days til the movie! Thats a good thought to end this post on!

Have a great May 19th!

-I'm out

drsidious
05-17-2005, 05:31 AM
Also I talked to a Hasbro rep at the Celebration 3 last month. He said he could not give details but they were in the works of some more types of Exclusives. He said they may do a mail in with proofs of purchase and possibly some more figures available based on purchases of other exclusives

holy crap take my jedi master points PAL-EEEZE. i cut up tons o those things.
and mail aways?!? ive been trying to throw that card in hasbros hat for years via email. bah, in fact double bah

Strategist
05-17-2005, 02:33 PM
I know what you mean I open all of my figures and keep their boxes so I d love a proof of purchase thing.

BoPs
05-17-2005, 03:49 PM
if yer serious about a non special edition version of the first 3 films on dvd out this xmas time.. i for one, am the happiest man alive - - you won't catch me dead with the current dvd box set thats out :( they changed boba's voice for christs sake!!!

Jango Speck
05-18-2005, 12:00 AM
To those who don't believe me about the Cloud Car will have to wait until October to Christmas time to concide with the DVD release of ROTS, a rumored "perfect collection" of all six films (although the prequels will NOT be Spec.Ed.) and a one big "final goodbye" push that we are all expecting from Lucasfilm at year's end. By that time more hype about the TV show and cartoons will also appear as well as the IMAX editions in 2007! So SW won't really go away,just change.....again.

According to IMAX and Rick McCallum, there won't be a ROTS IMAX. Lucas isn't releasing the 7 DVD box set for a while, and he has never wavered about the decision to only offer the OT special editions. He has said that there will be an extra disc with more deleted scenes. That's the most we'll get. He'll spread that stuff out for years, and he even said there's no specific Hi-Def planned for a long time.