PDA

View Full Version : Burger King commercials...with Darth Vader

Sentinel18725
05-16-2005, 10:21 AM
Did anyone see this? Just saw it yesterday. Absolutely hilarious.....especially when the breathing matched up between the Plastic headed king and Darth Vader. Just would have loved to see Darth Vader back out of the room because of the creepiness of the 'King'.

JediTricks
05-16-2005, 02:47 PM
This one was weirder than the previous one with "I am your... uncle? NO BRANDON WAIT!" (though that one is more ripe for a sequel, you see the guy squeeling with delight at getting the million dollar game piece, then he hears a knock at his door, and just as he looks to it it gets cut to shreds by a red lightsaber and blown apart by the Force, then you see Vader's outstretched arm using the Force and you hear the Force-sound, you see the guy's face all worried like he knows he's gonna be choked but instead his winning game piece flies out of his hand and into Vader's, then you see the back of Vader as he runs down the hall holding the ticket above his head in victory and giggling in a high-pitched voice. :D)

Remember when Lucas said he didn't want to release official costumes from the films because people might do inappropriate things in them and tarnish the Star Wars brand name? So instead Lucas desides to do it for them?!?

Sentinel18725
05-16-2005, 03:24 PM
I haven't seen that one. If you get the chance, check out the Sideshow DVD from C3. It has a funny little spoof that the description of that commercial made me think of. It is in regards to Vader and some Stormtroopers raiding the Sideshow offices and looking for the unsanctioned "Final Obi-Wan" statue (a pile of robes and a lightsaber)....pretty funny!

I am actually drawn into the "King" from the Burger King commercials. It's creepy, funny, highly inappropriate and now that Star Wars is getting bastardized in everything, it might as well be included.

Don't forget to get your R2D2 bowl from kellogs for your Star Wars cereal!

evenflow
05-16-2005, 05:56 PM
I really like the Chewbacca one where they give him the hair net. Thats funny.

bobafrett
05-17-2005, 07:46 PM
The "King" is making fun of a guy who has problems breathing, I think it's cold, and creepy. That King gives me the chills, makes me want to buy personal protection in case I wake up one morning with him laying next to me in bed like he does in an earlier (Non SW) commercial.

JediTricks
05-17-2005, 08:14 PM
That King gives me the chills, makes me want to buy personal protection in case I wake up one morning with him laying next to me in bed like he does in an earlier (Non SW) commercial.
That's why I sleep with a knife under each side of the bed. WHAM! Right through his plastic eye.

Ji'dai
05-17-2005, 08:26 PM
I saw another one with a guy and his buddy sitting in BK with R2. One guy is playing the scratch off game when R2 flips on a hologram of his ex-girlfriend. She starts yammering on about how he needs to win the vacation trip before they'll get back together. "It's our only hope! It's our only hope!"

MaquisWarrior
05-30-2005, 08:17 AM
The HECK with you guys I started thie post thread a long time ago but..

I LOVE THE ONE WITH MY NEW WIFE PARIS HILTON!!!!! YEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

darthvyn
06-03-2005, 07:14 AM
That's why I sleep with a knife under each side of the bed. WHAM! Right through his plastic eye.

now get outta here "king" or i'll cut you like a box... along the flaps...

MaquisWarrior
06-04-2005, 01:11 AM
now get outta here "king" or i'll cut you like a box... along the flaps...
JR:What the? What did you do now Lawler?
Jerry "the King" Lawler: Heh, heh! I don't know J.R. bu that guy wants to cut me!
JR:I don't know you must have done somthing to offend Star Wars fans to show up in this Blog's thread like that!
Jerry"the King" Lawler: Yeah, what is this that wrestling figures blog? All I know is that I'm cutting something..
JR:OH SEEESSHH!! OH MAN!!
Jerry"the King" Lawler: He who smelt it dealt it!!:crazed:

mabudonicus
06-04-2005, 07:53 AM
I kinda don't like the Yoda one too much- figure the little green guy would likely be in the washroom for weeks if he ate a single bite of BK food after 800 years of Jedi Temple food (prolly rice or some crappy thin gruel) followed by 10 years of rootleaf soup and crap like that (wasn't he vegetarian anyways???)
I guess the Pepsi would be okay but he doesn't end up snagging it anyways.... and I also thought it was kinda sad that the ad suggests that Diet Pepsi is somehow stronger than the Force...... more acidic and chemically complex, I could see, but stronger, no :beard: ing way

nash
06-24-2005, 09:25 AM
I love those star wars BK commercials! always a good laugh