PDA

View Full Version : I've asked this before, but......

Emperor Howdy
01-10-2002, 01:45 AM
nobody had an answer. So, can anyone tell me why 2 people claim to have the Obi-Wan/Gungan sub (micro-machine pack-in) Trophy set in the Price Guide, yet to my understanding this was never released?...........or was it? That's the Trophy set, not the Obi-Wan/Scout sub..........:confused:

Starfig873
01-10-2002, 12:12 PM
Answer A: They are lying through their flesh eating teeth.

Answer B: They have somehow, someway, accuired the prototype.

Answer C: It was released, and EVERYONE completely missed it.

Take your pick. :)
But as near as I can tell, the thing got to the proto phase and Episode 1 glut helped kill it. All we got was Maul from the assortment.

Lord Malakite
01-10-2002, 12:14 PM
Despite being a collector's magazines, they don't really pay enough attention to every single toy line to make certain it is 100% accurate. As a result, they somtimes include figures that have been cancelled, is a future release, etc. Another reason it could be included in the magazine is that sometimes figures, including unreleased figures, make it to the secondary market through e-bay, etc., which maybe the case here.

bigbarada
01-10-2002, 09:43 PM
It's probably the same phenomenon where people claim to have bought a rocket-firing Boba Fett right off the pegs in 1979. Either they are mistaken, have been fooled, or are just lying to try to impress people.

Emperor Howdy
01-11-2002, 12:52 AM
I'll take "A" as the answer....which was most logical to me in the first place. Yeah, a prototype is "possible", but.......

thanks....

GNT
01-11-2002, 01:06 AM
I believe they are talking about the Obi Wan with Gungan Scout sub(The middle sized figure hight vehicle that came in the Maul w/Sith probe Speeder,Jar Jar w/cannon box series)

I believe your talking about that (other) wet Obi Wan that was on the grey platform and came with a micro machine Sub,never came out

Dont get confused!!!

Emperor Howdy
01-12-2002, 11:11 PM
I'm not confused.......hence the reason I said:

".......That's the Trophy set, not the Obi-Wan/Scout sub.........."

in the first post! :p

Look in the Price Guide under "Trophy" for "Episode 1".....2 guys claim to have it! THEY are confused or lying, which in either case a smack on the back of the head is in order. :evil:

GNT
01-13-2002, 12:19 AM
A few painted versions do exist and are probably in collectors hands now.

derek
01-19-2002, 01:29 PM
toy fair magazine has had lott dodd in thier price guide for a while, last time i checked. he has never been released.

SithDroid
01-29-2002, 04:07 PM
It is quite possible that it was a prototype that had a limited carded run. The company probably printed a few, decided it wouldn't sell real well, and stopped production. Who knows, perhaps the employees were allowed to take them home. Hence some people have them. In any case I wouldn't collect it because it never saw a general release. I'm not into the whole prototype thing.

They could also be mixing up the Gungan Sub w/ Obi-Wan that was in the Jar-Jar and Battle Droid Invasion waves. Those are my speculations at least.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-30-2002, 07:41 PM
What? You mean you all don't have any? Geez, they're pegwarming here in [location deleted] worse than E1 Jar Jars! I've got 15, 20 at least!

(Pause, while medication is forcefully administered)

Ah... peace, tranquility, normalcy...

(Doctor's nore: Subject shows signs of delusion, perhaps of grandeur levels. Hallucinations of unproduced toys common. Diagnosis? The creature from the garbage masher scene :D )