PDA

View Full Version : TRU Exclusive Starfighter

WesleySr
05-17-2005, 02:06 AM
WHAT A RIPOFF!!!!!

$30 for a repainted $20 ship and a $5 repacked figure that will barely even fit in the cockpit.

WHAT A RIPOFF!!!!!

I would have just rather paid $20 for the ship and not had the stupid repackaged #2 Anakin.

WHAT A RIPOFF!!!!!

Mad Slanted Powers
05-17-2005, 09:06 AM
But you get that extra little head band thingy! :D

Jayspawn
05-17-2005, 10:11 AM
Ahh forget the headband thingy. I can make one of those. I think its a rip also. Why does Anakin have 2 different colored Starfighters? Nevermind, I'll just see the movie and find out.

Captain Spoon
05-17-2005, 10:50 AM
I have yet to see one, but could someone tell me...

1. Does anakin have a robe on? (he wears one when pioliting it in the movie)
2. is it the exact same figure as Anakin #2 or do his legs bend so he fits in the damn thing?
I would appreciate any info I could get

JEDIpartner
05-17-2005, 11:58 AM
It's the exact same figure as #2 but with no "extra hand w/red saber". The headset is the same one that was packed with Clone Wars Anakin so it wasn't exactly moulded to fit.

Basically... it sucks.

JetsAndHeels
05-17-2005, 12:02 PM
I saw this today at my local TRU for the first time. I like the way the starfighter looks, but overall there is NO reason at all this thing should be $30.

beckmen
05-17-2005, 12:42 PM
I wanted it, but for 30 bucks...doubtful. Even if I ever actually GO to TRU, which is an hour away and I am transportless.

WesleySr
05-17-2005, 12:57 PM
What really aggrevates me is the fact that @ the Hasbro booth @ CIII, they were previewing it with a retail price of $19.99. Why did TRU mark it up another $10???

Captain Spoon
05-17-2005, 02:18 PM
Because TRU sucks. I don't understand how they still manage to stay in business. Evertime I go there looking for figures (weather it's SW or something else) even for toys for my kid, the stores are a mess, all the packages are damaged, not to mention that they put stickers on the cards that I have never been able to remove. Another thing is that every time I hav gone to one It is mostly all common figures, even if I go on the day the trucks deliver. I was talking to a girl who worked there one night and she told me that most of the employees sell on E-bay which is why they never have anything. When you take all that and consider there outrageous prices!!! rrrr!!! I get so mad!!