PDA

View Full Version : Kylie Minogue has breast cancer...

JEDIpartner
05-17-2005, 08:27 AM
For those of you who care:

Sadly, Kylie has been diagnosed with early stage breast cancer. Consequently, all remaining dates of the Showgirl Tour have been posponed indefinitely and her planned appearance at next month's Glastonbury Festival has been cancelled.

The official site, www.kylie.com (http://www.kylie.com/), issued the following statement this morning:

Whilst at home in Melbourne with her family this week prior to her Australian Showgirl Tour, Kylie was diagnosed with early breast cancer. She will undergo immediate treatment and consequently her Showgirl tour will not be able to proceed as planned.

Kylie said: "I was so looking forward to bringing the Showgirl tour to Australian audiences, and am sorry to have to disappoint my fans. Nevertheless, hopefully all will work out fine and I’ll be back with you all again soon."

All remaining dates of the Showgirl Tour in Australia and Asia have been postponed indefinitely. In a press release issued earlier today, Parlophone confirmed that next month's headline appearance at the Glastonbury Festival has also been cancelled: "Kylie Minogue has had to pull out of her headlining appearance at this year's Glastonbury Festival due to ill health… Kylie would like to thank all the fans and well-wishers who have sent her messages of goodwill."

Kylie's sister Dannii has also commented: "This news is very upsetting. However the cancer has been diagnosed at an early stage and we are all very optimistic that everything will be ok. We're all very thankful for the endless messages of love and support Kylie has been receiving - I know all your kind thoughts will mean the world to her as she gets better."

Like all fans, we at LiMBO are shocked and saddened by this news. Our thoughts are with Kylie, her family and loved ones at this difficult time, and we wish her the speediest of recoveries.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
You guys know how much I adore her and I know how much some of you love looking at her. Who wouldn't? :)

So, just putting this up for anyone who cares...

2-1B
05-17-2005, 11:59 AM
That's sad to hear. I'm a fan of hers too, come on - the girl was in Moulin Rouge!

I'm pulling her for recovery. :)

JEDIpartner
05-18-2005, 08:37 AM
It's really startling how much coverage she's gotten for this illness. I think her age, coupled with the fact that it is known how she has a very loyal underground fan base in the States, has caused the news media to make this a noteworthy story.

JEDIpartner
05-22-2005, 10:01 PM
Kylie's surgery was a complete success and she is recovering nicely...

bobafrett
05-22-2005, 11:17 PM
Didn't Olivia Newton-John, who played Sandy in "Grease" also have breast cancer? I believe she did, and she has survived. I wish Kylie only the best in her recovery, she is one gorgeous lady.