PDA

View Full Version : 1986 C-3PO Figure

knoxeisley
05-18-2005, 06:16 AM
What can you all tell me about this C-3PO?
He is about 3 inches tall. He is stamped 1986 LFL on the foot.
He has zero points articulation.

Thanks.
(image attached.)

vader121
05-18-2005, 08:49 AM
Although I have never seen this particular figure he appears to be from the Droids cartoon series.

LusiferSam
05-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Figurine would be a more appropriate term. I think the thing is Spanish. The only reference I can find for it is in Tomark's guide. Tomark list 3PO and some other Droids and Ewoks figurines as Comic Figuras and says they're from Spain, item number is TO7660

bigbarada
05-18-2005, 01:16 PM
My bet is that this is some promotional Disney figure from the debut of the Star Tours ride in early 1987.

eshulmire
05-18-2005, 02:38 PM
I think it may have been a post cerial box toy. It reminds me of one my sister had but i cant recal.

LusiferSam
05-18-2005, 05:48 PM
My bet is that this is some promotional Disney figure from the debut of the Star Tours ride in early 1987.
No, its certainly a Droids item of some kind. The eyes are a dead give away, very cartoonish.

I think it may have been a post cerial box toy. It reminds me of one my sister had but i cant recal.
I don't recall Post ever doing a SW tie in, but your right it does look like a cereal box toy.

Bossk77
05-19-2005, 01:05 AM
It isnt droids. The quality is too skechy. I have seen the droids 3p0 and that is not it. i would say either foreign or food promo.

LusiferSam
05-19-2005, 12:14 PM
It isnt droids. The quality is too skechy. I have seen the droids 3p0 and that is not it. i would say either foreign or food promo.
You've completely misunderstood me. I'm not saying it's from Kenner's 1985 Droids action figure line. I also know what this figure looks like. (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=3653) I'm saying it's an item based on the Droids cartoon series, hence a Droids item.

In any case this is what (http://www.toysrgus.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=27935) I think the item is. It matches knoxeisley description and fits the Tomark item I described early. Sorry there are no photos.

bigbarada
05-19-2005, 01:38 PM
No, its certainly a Droids item of some kind. The eyes are a dead give away, very cartoonish.

Of course it would be the Droids version of Threepio since Star Tours debuted in 1987 and, at the time, there were no SW movies in theaters only the Droids and Ewoks cartoons. So they could have chosen the cartoon version of Threepio, because they believed it would be easier for kids to recognize. (this was long before anybody had any real clue just how much of an impact Star Wars had made on the culture.)