PDA

View Full Version : Im on my local radio station tomorrow!

Darkness Shroud
05-18-2005, 12:26 PM
I just wanted to share with you that my local radio station has asked me to come in and bring some of my Star Wars collection for them to see. The radio stsion is Beacon radio 97.2 FM in the UK. The morning show is Mark and Jo and they have been arguing over Star Wars for the last week or so. So i sent them an email containing photos of my collection and i text the studio too. Jo rang me up and asked me to bring in some things before i go to the cinema to watch Revenge of the Sith. I'm not quite sure what to take but i think a few rare figures and a couple of my Master Replica Lightsabers will do! Not sure if anyone was interested to hear my news and i hope i put it in the right forum group. :)
I will post some pictures if anyones interested. Thanks.

kool-aid killer
05-18-2005, 02:35 PM
That sounds cool, i just hope they dont drag you in just to drill you on being a Star Wars fan. That would suck if they used you as fodder on the air. Heres hoping everything goes well for you, and i would be interested in seeing pictures. Oh yeah, take a Gamorrean guard figure, the true star of Return of the Jedi.

Slicker
05-18-2005, 05:18 PM
I'm with KAK I hope they're not setting you up just to try and make SW collectors look pathetic (even though we aren't:p) because there's a new movie coming out.

Ji'dai
05-18-2005, 05:46 PM
Well, radio seems a strange medium for show and tell since the audience can't see your stuff, but heck, what do we Yanks know?

Sounds neat though, have fun!

InsaneJediGirl
05-18-2005, 08:54 PM
Thats pretty cool,I'm with kool-aid killer,I hope they didnt just get you on to put you down for being a Star Wars fan. Have to go Darkside then ;)

bobafrett
05-19-2005, 03:41 AM
I have been on our Local TV news the past two tuesdays, and I am supposed to do another show in less than two hours as back up for Ray Park, and the gal who plays on of the cloners on Kamino.

I went in my stormtrooper armor, and they had us dance. Oh well, at least we looked good on TV. Good luck with your radio spot.

Darkness Shroud
05-19-2005, 12:16 PM
Thanks guys, i really didnt think anyone would reply. I was on "air" at around 8.10 this morning. It was great. I took in 3 of my full size master replicas, OTC Slave1, Celebration Darth Vader, Toyfare Vader, Vintage ROTJ Vader & Holographic Emperor. They wet thereselves for the Lightsabres! The tool pictures and are going to put them on there website, so ill keep you guys posted as to when they are on there. As for grilling me if i was a geeky Star Wars fan, (well i'm not, are any of us?) That didnt happen. I rehearsed my 'I love Star Wars, so what you gonna do about it....' speech in the car on the way. Thanks again guys. Pics are on there way!!:)

Slicker
05-19-2005, 12:27 PM
Sounds like it was good times. And thankfully they didn't just have you on to rail on you and collectors. I wish someone cared in my area.