PDA

View Full Version : Price Matching

tgr3328
05-18-2005, 03:27 PM
I see that toysrus.com have some items marked down (for example, the RC-170 for $24.99) . Is this the price thay also charge in their stores? If not, will they match it?

Will Walmart match their on-line prices?

Strategist
05-18-2005, 03:34 PM
Not sure If they will price match(probably not) but there prices are better than the stores especially for vehicles they charge $15 for the $20 ones while the ad listed them as $17

Mandalorian Candidat
05-18-2005, 05:44 PM
I see that toysrus.com have some items marked down (for example, the RC-170 for $24.99) . Is this the price thay also charge in their stores? If not, will they match it?

Will Walmart match their on-line prices?

I know that the TRU stores will not price match ads. I tried that yesterday and was shot down. I bet the same will apply with tru.com.

I don't know about WM.com and WM. I wanted to price match the Lego JSF at the store cause the WM website had them for $5 cheaper but since they didn't show up in stores around here until 4/2 I just gave up on it. I wouldn't be surprised if they would match it. When my wife goes shopping for groceries there and price matches, the cashiers don't bother looking at the competitors ads. Makes you wonder what you could get away with if they don't use any sort of guidelines.

Ji'dai
05-18-2005, 07:29 PM
I tried to get the local WM to match their website prices on DVDs but they wouldn't do it. I've never tried it with toys.

dr_evazan22
05-18-2005, 07:30 PM
Anytime I asked about price matching I've been told the tiem had to be in an ad, which SW stuff rarely is.

WesleySr
05-22-2005, 04:33 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere else, but I was shopping @ TRU yesterday and when I went to check out, I tried to get them to price match on a couple of things and they told me that TRU has stopped price matching all together.

JediTricks
05-22-2005, 07:14 PM
That's their new policy, it's posted on signs all over the stores in my areas, with a brief explanation of why they're going to concentrate on everyday low prices (apologies WM ;)) instead of pricematching.

WesleySr
05-23-2005, 07:43 AM
Well, they don't have it posted in my store. It doesn't make any sense either. Why would you not pricematch your competitors?

I have also heard that WM may stop pricematching. If they do this, then that means they would have to abandon their entire "Always" ad campaign.

Kidhuman
05-24-2005, 01:30 AM
I hope WM doesnt stop price matching, I have used it heavily in the last two months getting all my figures and deluxes priced matched to Targets sales.

JediTricks
05-24-2005, 05:31 AM
They'd stop pricematching because major retailers like Target and WM are putting items on sale below their own cost to entice customers into the store, "loss leaders", which TRU cannot really afford to do. Those policies of the 2 big chains, WM especially, have hampered the TRU chain heavily over the last few years and have nearly put them out of business. What's ironic is that TRU created the whole market of year-round toys as well as fueling mainstream toy collecting as a hobby, if they go under the toy industry will nosedive and Target & WM will end up with less toys and higher prices.

WesleySr
05-24-2005, 08:00 AM
They'd stop pricematching because major retailers like Target and WM are putting items on sale below their own cost to entice customers into the store, "loss leaders", which TRU cannot really afford to do. Those policies of the 2 big chains, WM especially, have hampered the TRU chain heavily over the last few years and have nearly put them out of business. What's ironic is that TRU created the whole market of year-round toys as well as fueling mainstream toy collecting as a hobby, if they go under the toy industry will nosedive and Target & WM will end up with less toys and higher prices.

Interesting point JT, I never thought of it that way. I always go to WM since they are usually a few cents cheaper. But TRU always has a better selection of toys. Maybe I will just start paying the extra money. I would much rather spend a few extra cents on a figure, than have TRU go out of business.