PDA

View Full Version : Sir Luke and SirSteve

TeeEye7
01-10-2002, 06:48 AM
We all know that 3PO refers to Luke as "Sir Luke" in ANH.

To my knowlege, there is no reference to anyone else as "sir" as a title in ANH or any of the other movies. Where does 3PO come up with this, then?

The only other reference to "sir" in the SW Universe that I know of is our own SirSteve, of course!;)

JEDIpartner
01-10-2002, 09:09 AM
Droids were basically servants and, in the case of Threepio and Artoo, were sold into service by the Jawas. Droids are considered property as well. I think that, if you recall, Threepio also referred to Owen Lars as "sir". I believe this was said more to convey their position as servants and out of respect for their masters (Master Luke, Mistress Leia) rather than as an actual "title" per se.

Jargo
01-10-2002, 03:53 PM
It's possibly a term that was used when 3PO was first built a long time before Anakin recued his spare parts and rebuilt him. 3PO is much older than we get to see. But if he was built in the early days of the old republic then it is possiblr that this is how droids addressed their masters. By the time he arrives on Tatooine he finds himself out of his depth and confused by the heat shorting out his circuitry etc. He addresses Luke and Owen using an old term from somewhere deep within his memory chips. maybe his computer brain had a programme built in like we have GO BACK if our computers crash. We can reset the computer to a date before the crash. Maybe 3PO does something similar But with all the memory wipes he's had his memory is scrambled and so parts of different eras are all muddled up together making him seem forgetful or confused. His points of reference are scrambled.

I don't really have an answer to this question just rough theory and hypothesis. :)

JEDIpartner
01-11-2002, 09:22 AM
Good theory...! I shall incorporate it with my own!

Lord Malakite
01-13-2002, 03:12 PM
You forgot one TeeEye7, Sir Alec Guiness.

TeeEye7
01-14-2002, 04:18 AM
.....how right you are, m'Lord!:)

JediTricks
01-14-2002, 06:46 AM
And the aptly-named "Sir Not-appearing-in-this-film". :D

El Chuxter
01-14-2002, 12:48 PM
And Sir Elton John was rumored to write music for the Jabba's Palace scene in ROTJ:SE. :crazed: