PDA

View Full Version : I just hit the jackpot... (merged)

General_Grievous
05-08-2005, 01:51 PM
I wanted to share this cool story with you guys that happened just last night. I was out driving and I happened to pass by a Kohl's. Remembering that newer figures were found here, I decided to have a look. I get to the Star Wars figures...nothing that I didn't have, though I did see a few from the Clone Pilot wave. I turned to see if there were any on another aisle, when I see three unopened figure boxes on the floor marked "Hasbro Revenge of the Sith assortment". I got a sales associate, who was a very nice lady, and asked if I could check the boxes. She said sure, so she opened up the boxes. The first box only had the Tarfful wave. The second box had the Clone Pilot wave. The third box, to my delight, had figures that I needed. The AT-TE Gunner wave. I plucked out the four figures I needed; one each of the AT-TE Gunner, Polis Massan, Mas Amedda, and Vader's Medical Droid. I thanked the lady and checked out. Going home, I passed by Target. I figured I might as well check in there. I get to the Star Wars stuff and I find all of the new Deluxe figures. Vader w/ Medical Table, Yoda w/ Can-cell, Jetpack Clone, and the Vulture Droid. I couldn't believe my luck! There were plenty of Yodas, so I left him for another day. I walked out with Vader, the Clone, and the Vulture Droid. One of the best toy runs I ever had. :)

darko666
05-08-2005, 02:06 PM
congrats on the awesome find. a couple of weeks before C3 i went on a figure hunt and hit up 2 Targets, and 3 Kohls, and to my suprise i got #33-40 all in one day. that was one of the best hunts i have had in a while.

i still have yet to find any thing above that, and haven't even seen the deluxe figures yet in stores. but i will keep optimistic, and keep searching.

Bacta Beast
05-08-2005, 02:59 PM
I found the Can-cell, Table Vader, Vulture Droid, & Jet-pack on the way to Indianapolis a couple weeks ago at Wal-Mart. And I found the SP clone, Wookie warrior, and Nemiodian warrior at target yesterday. They also had the deluxe figs, more cups, and Tank gunner clones, chopper droids and such.

Bossk77
05-08-2005, 04:06 PM
My wife was walking past the local PAC-Sun and some guy was handing out Grevious Bodyguards for free. Oddly enough she grabed one in perfect shape. Kindness + Star Wars = a great turn to any day! :) oh And i also picked up a LAVA REflect Vader for $8 wooo hooo! Quick note to anyone looking for one. the star cases on the vaders are very soft and dent easy.

Joshkj
05-08-2005, 06:28 PM
About 3 weeks ago(im 15 and cant drive yet) my mom stoped by WM to pick some stuff up for my bros b-day, she wouldnt let me near the SW stuff causse she knew I would stay there forever. We went to the party suplys and behind some streamers someone stashed 3 ATTE gunners 2 Clone commanders and 2 Clone pilots. I got em all :)

Sentinel18725
05-08-2005, 11:46 PM
Yesterday I was driving from Chicago to St. Louis. I stopped at two Targets on my way down with no luck. Then, I decided to stop at the last one on the journey. I found the Yoda Can Cell (last one I needed from the new deluxe), #38, and 41-44. Then, I asked them to look up the DPCI on the Clone Trooper exclusive...the response..."How many you want?"

I only took the one that I needed but needless to say I left happy and smiling......That is what the hunt is all about! lol

sith_killer_99
05-09-2005, 12:30 AM
We went to the party suplys and behind some streamers someone stashed 3 ATTE gunners 2 Clone commanders and 2 Clone pilots. I got em all

NICE score, very nice! I never understood why someone would stash figures at Wal-Mart considering they have a Lay-A-Way policy. :rolleyes:

Anywho, I am caught up to #40 and found the second wave of Deluxe figures at Wal-Mart today. I bought an extra Darth Vader Table to open, along with an extra chopper droid. :D

MaquisWarrior
05-09-2005, 06:02 AM
GG:I thought you got a date with someone at Target that way you get access to more stuff.

ROTJLuke
05-09-2005, 09:04 AM
very cool, thats what collecting and going on the hunt is all about! good for you :)

Kidhuman
05-09-2005, 11:03 AM
Last night went into local WM, saw an entire pallet devoted to SW merch. Looked at the case asst's and grabbed the two wave 4 revision 1. Opened and grabbed 41-44 from both and a Anakin #2 w/ Dooku saber. Gotta love times like this.

tagmac
05-09-2005, 11:11 AM
I lucked out myself this morning. Went to Target a half hour after they opened on my way to work, which initially I hadn't even planned on doing. I walk to the toy aisle and see a Clone Pilot, exploding Greivous, and a couple clones. Had I not been the only person in the aisle, I'd have completely screwed up. As I scanned the pegs, I see and grab a Nemoidian Warrior. Looking back up, I realized that one of the two clones was NOT the first one, but the SA Clone, with the different picture on the package staring at me, but not registering. I grabbed it, and found the Wookiee Warrior right behind it. Since it's no diferent from the AOTC version I already have, I left the Droideka. All they had was one each of 41-44, but that's all I needed. Funny enough, I checked Hasbro.com, and they now have re-listed (although not yet available) this wave and the Clone Commander. Next up, the Tarkin wave, and Anakin/Baccara. I'm guessing these will hit along side the movie, that Friday, although it wouldn't shock me if we have to wait til June for these.

Kidhuman
05-09-2005, 11:13 AM
Recall reading the Tarkin wave(#45) is slated for June release.

tagmac
05-10-2005, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the info. I was under the impression the next two waves would be out in time for the movie (which is when I'm sure we'll start seeing them pop up on ebay), but an early June release would be better on the wallet.

Clonetrooper1131
05-10-2005, 12:13 AM
Wow, cool deal. I found Vaders Table, and Clone Trooper with Jetpack last week at Target. I also found a SA Clone Trooper at Target just today. I've found out going eariler in the afternoon, I'm finding more stuff. I also went to the local Kohls tonight and found out that they have the Barc Speeder with extra Wookie figure and also the "Chicken Walker" with Clone Trooper. The clone trooper is the same Clone that is included with the cups at Target. I'm still on the hunt for the Tank Gunner.

sith_killer_99
05-10-2005, 12:18 AM
Hmmm, I'm just wondering where I stand right now. I have 1-40 and wave 1 and 2 of the Deluxe sets to include the paint variation on the Vulture Droid. I saw the 12 inch Shaak Ti and Barris tonight, but I don't really collect the 12 inch stuff. I am caught up on the exclusive through the new Clone Trooper.

So are 41-44 starting to show with any regularity? What about the new BARC and Obi-Wan with extra pack-in figures? Are they an exclusive or are they showing up everywhere? Will they be plentiful? I heard they will retail for $19.99! If that is the case I may skip 'em. Should I hold off a week or two or continue my hunts? It's hard to say. Any help here would be hot.

The Post Exchange here at Fort Knox is having a huge sale this weekend. I may take advantage and pick up a few of those shelf warmers like Obi-Wan and Boga or whatever it's name is.

Anyway, I am looking forward to getting a couple of those #41 Clone Troopers. :D

tagmac
05-10-2005, 12:56 AM
I believe Hasbro.com has him listed again, albeit as "coming soon." Should be available in a week or so, I'd guess, although only for a brief period of time, I'm sure.

Clonetrooper1131
05-10-2005, 04:05 AM
What about the new BARC and Obi-Wan with extra pack-in figures? Are they an exclusive or are they showing up everywhere? Will they be plentiful? I heard they will retail for $19.99! If that is the case I may skip 'em. Should I hold off a week or two or continue my hunts? It's hard to say. Any help here would be hot.

As odd as this sounds, I found the AT-RT with Clone Trooper, and BARC Speeder with a Wookie figure at Kohl's. I wasn't sure on the price, just a little surprised to see it there. The Clone that comes with the AT-RT is the same Clone that is in the Target exclusive cup and figure set.

Kidhuman
05-10-2005, 11:11 AM
So are 41-44 starting to show with any regularity? What about the new BARC and Obi-Wan with extra pack-in figures? Are they an exclusive or are they showing up everywhere? Will they be plentiful? I heard they will retail for $19.99! If that is the case I may skip 'em. Should I hold off a week or two or continue my hunts? It's hard to say. Any help here would be hot.

41-44 are starting to show up. I have seen 3 cases at one WM. As far as the the BARC's, I dont have the denero for vehicles and such, so I havent looked. Be prepared for 41-44 to come out wiht force around the movie release.

General_Grievous
05-14-2005, 10:40 AM
Alas, it never ends. Now I have to haul @$$ to find 41-44. But at least after I find those, I'll have a nice break from collecting until June.

darthleppard
05-14-2005, 11:12 AM
just got back from a trip to the east coast of florida. stopped at a kmart and found an entire set of animated clone wars figures...picked those up and on the way to my car i found $20 on the ground in the parking lot (ok...not sw but still nifty!) went to wal-mart (i hate wal-mart) and saw oceans of at-te gunners (actually i counted 21 before i got tired of looking.) they also had the battle sets (obi-wan vs grievous bodyguard, mace vs. palpatine, and one other) next to target...41-44 on the shelf for me...and plenty of them. deciding to play on my luck i spotted a employee and pulled my clone trooper stock number out. she looked it up with a big smile and said there was one in the store. one i thought...i'll never find it. a single clone trooper is hidden in this store. i asked her where the one would be...she said it is in the back somewhere. she went in the back and came out a few moments later with one CASE! a whole unopened case of target exclusive clone troopers!

overall it was a good trip...

nhbfan12345
05-15-2005, 11:22 AM
At my Super Target which gets all the good stuff first, I got the Destroyer Droid, AT-AE Clone, Vader's Medic Droid, Wookie Warrior, Polis, Mas Amedda and i saw some red bodyguards, but i need the blue one. I want #42 and the clone trooper, but i can't find those yet.

Also, have they stopped selling Target Exclusice Lava VADER? Was that only for midnight madness?????

Kidhuman
05-15-2005, 11:29 AM
Lava Vader is gone. By the grace of God you will find one.

Jedi Drew
05-15-2005, 12:24 PM
At my Super Target which gets all the good stuff first, I got the Destroyer Droid, AT-AE Clone, Vader's Medic Droid, Wookie Warrior, Polis, Mas Amedda and i saw some red bodyguards, but i need the blue one. I want #42 and the clone trooper, but i can't find those yet.

Also, have they stopped selling Target Exclusice Lava VADER? Was that only for midnight madness????? Clone Trooper is #er 41. And I think Lava Vader has left the building....Sorry. :(

tagmac
05-16-2005, 05:35 PM
Wouldn't exactly call it hitting the jackpot, but Target had a ton of new figs this morning from #33-44. Got myself a second Blue Guard, Clone #41, and Tank Gunner. They had two each of the Guard and Gunner, so I left them. Had a ton of Wookiee Warriors and Nemoidians, but they only had the Cream colored wookiee, which I already have, so I left them. Still no sign of the Red Guard (seen it once, on 4/2 when I was lucky enough to get the only one at Target), nor the brown wookiee. Went to TRU this afternoon, and found one ach of 12" Shaak Ti and Barris Offee, which I picked up. Still no sign of the new deluxe figs.

VaderhitsJarjar
05-17-2005, 12:03 AM
AHH 5-16-05
I was allowed to open three boxes in the Target aisle.
The new articulated clone trooper one in each box, one neemodian warrior I think I spelled that right...one destroyer, and one wookie warrior. In all three boxes we found the tan version, not the brown. the rest of the box was palpy with the red saber, tarful, quick draw mcgraw trooper, clone commander, pilot, and vader's droid - i cant remember what else but I think each figure was one each - I really couldnt look past the new clone trooper!! awesome.
Clone troopers with jetpacks are everywhere in atlanta.
Vader's droid and ,mass ameda are peg warmers. Darth Vader is impossible to find but i think there was one in each box I opened.
And yes, I did ask and was given permission. I did leave one clone trooper.

My friend at Target also mentioned they were getting more Target Clones and thought her manager told her they would get motre Lava Vaders in different packaging that didnt say limited to 50,000 :dead: but said she thought the manager was mistaken about the latter.

sjd9299
05-17-2005, 01:52 PM
I also have had some good luck. Stopped at two Wal-Marts and found 41-44 at both, but neither store had the SA Clone. One Wal-Mart had 10 each of the Wookie and Niemoidian 2 Destroyers and NO SA Clones. What the heck? SCALPERS or ARMY BUILDERS!!!!! Found two Jet Clones at K-Mart but no other deluxe. Who would buy the Vulture and leave the Clones? I also found the impossible to find Republic Gunship. Have not seen the AT-RT w/ Clone. Is that an exclusive? Well happy hunting.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-17-2005, 02:35 PM
I had a crankin day yesterday. Found 4 41s at Target plus the next four deluxe figures. Plus they were all on sale. Then a buddy found me a Target ex. clone. Found everything I've been looking for minus the dark Wookie Warrior and the updated #2 Ani.

Ji'dai
05-17-2005, 03:38 PM
I had a major score today at Wal-Mart. Ended up with 6 SA Clones, 6 Neimoidians, and 6 Wookie Warriors (2 tan / 4 dk brown). I also got them to match TRU's 4.99 sale price. The cashier fumbled the first attempt and ended up just scanning one Neimoidian figure 17 times. I recounted my figs in the parking lot and came up with 18 so I got one free!

Slicker
05-17-2005, 07:39 PM
I had one of my best non-MM toy runs in a long time today. I found 33-40 minus the Gunner and also 43 and 44 (Wookiee Warrior and Destroyer).

bats1990
05-17-2005, 11:07 PM
Yesterday at a Target in Wyomissing PA I found...
2 SA #41 Clone Troopers
1 Neamoidian Warrior
1 Brown Wookie Warrior (I have not seen a tan one yet)
1 Destroyer Droid
2 Jet pack DLX Troopers
1 Vader on operating table

They also had Clone Commanders, Pilots, Palpatine with red saber, Vader's Med Droid, and all figures in that wave. They also had all the other new DLX sets too. All on sale basic figs $4.99 and DLX figs $8.49. At-RT is $12.74 I think.

Every morning at this Target they have new cases of these items put out.

BoPs
05-18-2005, 01:43 AM
if anyone reading this can grab an extra dark brown wookie for my son and i.. that'd be great :) just PM me.. i have references :-) we finally found a SA clone today and a light tan wookie warrior :-) we're still on the lookout for the nimodian guy and a brown wook to add to our diorama :-) not sure if we'll grab the destoryer droid.. unless he rolls up in a ball ;) oh, we also ran across some VOTC figures at toys r us, vader and boba fett.. i let my son finally get the vader today, but he's not opening it until the school week is over :-) the stormtrooper from that line i think is his favorite action figure.. it keeps on coming to church with him ;) hehe

VaderhitsJarjar
05-18-2005, 11:19 PM
Interesting this information about the tan wookie is.
So Far I have only seen two brown wookies -
now back to starwars -
the Tan wookie is one per box in my area and I bought one of the two brown wookies I've seen - I was waiting to find out which one was rare.
So far it appears the brown.
But patience is important because I seem to remember everybody jumping for the palpy with red saber - who is now a peg warmer.

Kidhuman
05-19-2005, 01:30 AM
I have seen a pretty even distribution of the wookie variants, I have one of each and have seen at least 7 of each in my travels.

WesleySr
05-19-2005, 06:03 AM
Today (well yesterday) was a great day for ROTS. Already excited about seeing the movie, the day got even better. My girlfriend had gone to Beckley to buy a car. While she was there, she went to the Wal-Mart. She called me from inside the store and found #41-44 at the front of the store. She picked me up 3 of each (2 of the Destroyer Droid since I had already found 1) and then made her way back to the toy aisle. In the toy aisle, she found the Gunship & the Mustafar playset. She also picked me up 2 more Clone Pilots for my Gunship. WHAT A DAY!!!

Now if I can only find some AT-TE Gunners.

Kidhuman
05-19-2005, 12:27 PM
Nice haul your woman grabbed for you. I havent found "the mother load" yet, but keep finding new cases of 41-44. Keep grabbing the SA clones. Found 1 lone case with a Gunner in it too.

PloKoon2385
05-19-2005, 03:48 PM
I had similar luck a few days ago. I was at a Target and picked up: Vader droid, Neimoidian Warrior, Wookie warrior, Clone Commander (x2), Mas Amedda, Polis Massan, Clone Pilot, Aayla Secura, and Luminara. It was pretty amazing. I went back today and they still have a lot of them.

General_Grievous
05-19-2005, 09:13 PM
Found #41-44 at Target today. Love all but the Destroyer, since it's a repack. Finally, a chance to have a short break until the Tarkin wave shows up.

WesleySr
05-20-2005, 04:01 PM
Found #41-44 at Target today. Love all but the Destroyer, since it's a repack. Finally, a chance to have a short break until the Tarkin wave shows up.

Does anyone know when the Tarkin wave is due to start shipping?

Sith Lord 0498
05-20-2005, 06:15 PM
Does anyone know when the Tarkin wave is due to start shipping?

The latest rumor is that it should start showing up in stores next week, but we'll have to wait and see.

WesleySr
05-21-2005, 05:21 AM
The latest rumor is that it should start showing up in stores next week, but we'll have to wait and see.

NEXT WEEK??? Man, I was hoping to have a little breather and maybe a chance to find the AT-TE Gunner. Oh well.

Sith Lord 0498
05-21-2005, 08:34 AM
NEXT WEEK??? Man, I was hoping to have a little breather and maybe a chance to find the AT-TE Gunner. Oh well.

I know the feeling. I'm actually considering passing on Tarkin however. In the end, he wasn't a viable part of ROTS. It would seem almost pointless to buy him. That's the reason I just ditched my ARC-170 after acquiring a full crew for it. It ended up not being a big enough part of the story. It was hardly in it at all, so having the ship suddenly felt hollow.

However, if the sculpt is good, I may use Tarkin for a mini-diorama.

WesleySr
05-21-2005, 11:11 PM
I know the feeling. I'm actually considering passing on Tarkin however. In the end, he wasn't a viable part of ROTS. It would seem almost pointless to buy him. That's the reason I just ditched my ARC-170 after acquiring a full crew for it. It ended up not being a big enough part of the story. It was hardly in it at all, so having the ship suddenly felt hollow.

However, if the sculpt is good, I may use Tarkin for a mini-diorama.

Yeah, but the ARC-170 is important considering that it is the predecessor to the X-Wing.

Sith Lord 0498
05-22-2005, 10:41 AM
Yeah, but the ARC-170 is important considering that it is the predecessor to the X-Wing.

I already addressed my feelings on it in another thread (or was it this one?? there's so many new threads right now it's hard to remember!! :) ). Essentially, yeah it's the X-Wing predecessors but still it's hardly a prominently featured starship in ROTS, and I couldn't justify keeping a $30 ship that has a design I don't favor and is treated as a throwaway ship in the movie. At least the Jedi Interceptors, Sidious' shuttle, the Star Destroyers, etc. had more attention focused on them because they were featured in establishing shots that drew sole attention on them. For the screentime it was given, yes it was cool, but it was still wasted.

WesleySr
05-22-2005, 04:12 PM
I already addressed my feelings on it in another thread (or was it this one?? there's so many new threads right now it's hard to remember!! :) ). Essentially, yeah it's the X-Wing predecessors but still it's hardly a prominently featured starship in ROTS, and I couldn't justify keeping a $30 ship that has a design I don't favor and is treated as a throwaway ship in the movie. At least the Jedi Interceptors, Sidious' shuttle, the Star Destroyers, etc. had more attention focused on them because they were featured in establishing shots that drew sole attention on them. For the screentime it was given, yes it was cool, but it was still wasted.

Yeah, but Anakin's & Obi-Wan's 1st starfighters were throwaway ships too. They didn't even make it through the first battle. :D

General_Grievous
05-22-2005, 08:34 PM
When you really think about it, all the ships could be considered "throwaway ships" with the exception of Tantive IV, the Invisible Hand, and the Star Destroyers.

Let's go down the list of vehicles that Hasbro's made.

Barc Speeders and AT-RTs: Each had less than a minute of screentime combined.
Vulture Droids: Just seen in the beginning and as background fodder on Utapau.
Wookiee Helicopter: One or two establishing shots in the movie.
Grievous' wheelbike: Not featured in the movie very long at all.
ARC-170 fighter: Only featured in a few shots in the beginning and during Plo Koon's death.
Republic Gunship: The green deco gunship that Hasbro released for ROTS wasn't even in the movie. Bet all you guys who bought that feel really ripped off.
Droid Tri-Fighter: Same amount of screentime as the ARC.
Jedi Starfighters: These were probably most prominent out of the ones that Hasbro's released so far. But each of the starfighters lasted for just one or two scenes. The yellow and red ones in the beginning only lasted for the battle of Coruscant. Obi-Wan's second blue fighter only lasted for him landing on Utapau. And Anakin's second green one was only featured when he left Coruscant and landed on Mustafar.

Kidhuman
05-23-2005, 01:16 AM
But they ARc and Droid fighter were featured in the CW series quite a bit. SO give it up for the screen time there. The Vulture Droids as well.

WesleySr
05-23-2005, 07:26 AM
Don't forget about the Crab Droid and the Spider Droid, they also had very little screen time.

Sith Lord 0498
05-23-2005, 07:32 AM
But they ARc and Droid fighter were featured in the CW series quite a bit. SO give it up for the screen time there. The Vulture Droids as well.

You've got a good point there. I didn't think about Clone Wars. Actually, all the ships featured in the cartoon were superior in that format as opposed to the movie--with the possible exception of the Jedi Interceptors. They were very cool in the movie.

WesleySr
05-23-2005, 07:35 AM
Speaking of the Clone Wars, does anyone know when the new ones are going to be released to DVD? I haven't got the chance to see them all.

Strategist
05-23-2005, 02:44 PM
star wars.com has them availible for download

Sith Lord 0498
05-23-2005, 05:54 PM
Speaking of the Clone Wars, does anyone know when the new ones are going to be released to DVD? I haven't got the chance to see them all.

Most likely, we will get Volume 2 either the same day as or around the release date for ROTS on DVD, which will probably be sometime in November.

WesleySr
05-25-2005, 07:19 AM
Has that already been mentioned or is it just speculation?

Kidhuman
05-25-2005, 09:17 AM
Its speculation, but most likely true.