PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro AOTC Collection 1 Revealed

ACPin
01-10-2002, 08:58 AM
Hasbro has just revealed the first set of AOTC Collection 1 (http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnewscontent.cfm?id=311) figures!

JEDIpartner
01-10-2002, 09:03 AM
Yep... they sure have...!

And lookie there... their legs are all in that same goofy position! Right leg out and left leg bent. Whee.

I'm pretty sure that, if I were Obi-Wan and hanging from that assasin droid, my legs would actually be hanging straight down.

Oh, well.

CrossWizard
01-10-2002, 10:13 AM
Wow, they look just as dissapointing as the unfinished protos we saw last week.

CrossWizard
01-10-2002, 10:17 AM
Its also funny how they brag about the authentically detailed sculpts thanks to the help of scanning technology, when in reality they look no different or in any case of less likeness than the first POTF2 releases. I mean look at Amidala, even with her legs posed as bent as they are she looks taller and both Anakin and Obi Wan.

DahrJin
01-10-2002, 10:51 AM
****You put your right foot in.....you take your right foot out.....you do the HOKEY POKEY.....and you shake it all about****

Well what do you know, Hasbro has just released the official AOTC HOKEY POKEY HEROS wave....Ha ha ha ha......:crazed:

JediTricks
01-10-2002, 10:59 AM
CrossWizard, the scanning was only used on props and human heads, not bodies, but I agree with you about the heads, the pics I've seen don't say "this is a little version of the actor", they say "this is more of the same sculpting you've seen over the past 4 years or so, some good, some not terribly accurate".

I'm very disappointed in the articulation here, I tried to remain open-minded when we saw those unauthorized pics last week, but this bodes unwell. "Collection 1 for gimmicks and 2 for collectors" is not right IMO.

OC47150
01-10-2002, 11:10 AM
With the big accessories they come with, the figures look to me to be on the lines of the deluxe POTJ figures.

OC47150
01-10-2002, 11:13 AM
With Toy Fair coming up next month and figures/accessories/ships being leaked on an almost daily basis, I think what we're seeing now AOTC wise is just the tip of the iceberg.

JEDIpartner
01-10-2002, 11:17 AM
Hey OC47150!

I think Hasbro is thinking the pack-ins are more for a value added feature that also makes each figure a little more scene specific...

...although I can't wait to see the scene in which Anakin uses the EASY BAKE OVEN! Coooooooool! :p

They could have left out the pack-ins and just given them a second set of legs that didn't ALL lean the same direction!

CrossWizard
01-10-2002, 11:21 AM
And I bet hes gonna use that retractable, non removable lightsaber to slice the brownies into smaller squares.

LTBasker
01-10-2002, 11:32 AM
Baywatch Amidala
Classical Actor Anakin
AND now for the special feature:
Trying to put that dang lightbulb in the impossible to reach lamp Obi-Wan!

These and more will be on the list for Episode II: The Attack of the Clones action figur(in)es!

JEDIpartner
01-10-2002, 11:37 AM
They'll make great Christmas ornaments when you put a noose around their necks... I mean, when you tie a string around them. ;) Seriously, Hasbro will just be making the ornaments faster than Hallmark! That's kinda what they look like to me!

Is Anakin's saber REALLY part of his arm, or are we assuming that because of the way he's holding it?

derek
01-10-2002, 12:53 PM
i finally got to see these. must be some clogged servers!:)
these look a lot better than i thought they would. i may buy them after all. i guess kit fristo was right. i am a sucker:D

Beast
01-10-2002, 01:03 PM
Ugh, the server must be being hammered. I have been trying for over an hour to get the page to load and still nothing. Anyone out there willing to post whats shown, so I can see them?

JEDIpartner
01-10-2002, 01:19 PM
Here's a direct link to it!

http://starwars.hasbro.com/content_images/CollectionI.jpg

If you can't get it there- someone will post it I'm sure!

(Dear GNT, Notice... it's a direct link to the picture, not the WHOLE page and NOT a download of the pic!)

Beast
01-10-2002, 01:30 PM
Thanks JEDIpartnr,

Wow, they do look alot better then the prototypes we saw recently. My faith in Hasbro is slowly being restored. Can't wait to pick these up now. Sucks that April is so far away.

The anakin appears to be the biggest change from the bad prototype we saw before. The figure's outfit looks different now, and his stance doesn't seem so horrible. I wonder if he will still include the poncho.

Amidala looks great now, as far as I can tell the action shoulder joint isn't so obvious and looks well hidden on the final figure. Quite a vast difference in the face as well, from the ugly prototype.

Obi-Wan looks pretty good as well, nice detailing. Again the prototype looked pretty bad, but this one looks very nice. I love the idea that they made the figure able to grasp the assassin droid like in the movie.

Can't wait for these now. By the way, now that they are actually showing pictures at Hasbro, does that mean Sir Steve can talk about the things that Hasbro releases images of?

Beast
01-10-2002, 01:41 PM
By the way, I just found a much larger picture of the three figures over at StarWars.com. It shows alot more detail then the small one. I think after seeing these, I can say that the E2 line is shaping up to be pretty good after all. I'm attaching this one now.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
01-10-2002, 01:52 PM
collection 1 (http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2002/01/img/hasbrowave1_bg.jpg) looks intersting to say the least. I still don't like the Amidala though. Definately a cross between Wilma from the Buck Rogers series and Lara Croft. Definately not inspiring. The Anakin figure looks good for customising though. And Obi is as Obi is - garbage as ever *sigh* Will there ever be an Obi-Wan Kenobi figure that looks good? Always with hasbro the poor posing and innaccurate face.....

I do like this idea of larger accessories though. Any accessory is good as long as it isn't something made up like those guns they gave the cantina patrons in the POTF2 line. Oh boy they were bad. :rolleyes:

Presumably the pillar that comes with Amidala will plug into the Geonosis Arena playset that's been rumoured? Oh, sorry. Should I not have mentioned stuff that's only rumoured? I only mentioned it because I think it would be a stroke of genius if the figures came with pieces that were part of a larger deal. Anakin with a console from the freighter, to be joined later by a freighter playset kind of thing. Get where I'm coming from...? :) Note that I'm stating no facts here. Merely summising.

Beast
01-10-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Presumably the pillar that comes with Amidala will plug into the Geonosis Arena playset that's been rumoured? Oh, sorry. Should I not have mentioned stuff that's only rumoured? I only mentioned it because I think it would be a stroke of genius if the figures came with pieces that were part of a larger deal. Anakin with a console from the freighter, to be joined later by a freighter playset kind of thing. Get where I'm coming from...? :) Note that I'm stating no facts here. Merely summising.

Knowing Hasbro, you're probably right on the money with the idea that the pillar will plug into the arena playset. And since Hasbro will no doubt only pack the pillar in with the Amidala figure, we will all have to buy three of her so that we can have pillars for Anakin and Obi-Wan as well.

Good job Hasbro, making us have to buy 3 of one figure, just so we can re-create the scene from the movie. :) Maybe this is part of their new plan to ensure there will be no pegwarmers in the line. Quite sneaky on their part.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mabudonicus
01-10-2002, 02:11 PM
Who knew that disco lando and saturday night lobot were in fact a glimpse of things to come, and not the ridiculous abberrations they appeared to be when they were released? Boy, were we wrong!!

LTBasker
01-10-2002, 02:15 PM
Amidala - Much too busty, (and this is supposed to be the kid's collection?) and actually you can still see the joint. Evidently (sp?) they made it to where her shirt was ripped (more?) at the shoulders and so part of her shirt is serperated and is covering the joint while the rest of her arm is the joint. Still a bad feature... "Fly up arm Amidala!" Whoopy. By the looks of the figure it looks like her suits is pasted onto her, but in the movie pics it looks more like it's tight but not too tight. Bad leg posing too, they must've had some General Leia legs left-over. :D And what's with Super-Abs there? From the pics of her I've seen with her in that suit she's got a little pudge. :rolleyes:

Anakin - Still has the Billy Idol head? Looks like a classical actor who's wanting to duel, very bad idea if he's just supposed to be "casually" looking through his trunk. Kinda looks like they took the pose from the EU Mara Jade... and it does actually look like his lightsaber is telescoping like the vintage figs... Which just makes it even worse 'cause then we'd have to buy a resculpt of it just so it wouldn't have the lame saber. :zzz:

Obi-Wan - Well the head sculpt got better, still doesn't look like Real Scan's work tho. He could use a little articulation, or I hope that droid comes with a good sturdy stand otherwise it'll be kinda boring with him just standing there in that pose unless you want to hold up the droid 24/7 so he can hand from it. Don't like the way the second hand is posistioned, looks like he's trying to scoop something up? :frus:

I'm starting to wonder if I want to keep collecting... I just don't see why Hasbro has to ruin this unlike they did with the POTJ figures, all they needed to do with the POTJ was add a little more articulation and boom, they'd have great figures, now we're going back to square one! Well ok two. They've got some ok detail... I know theres a collector collection, but to make the figure look half way good, they'd have to do alot of resculpting, and I doubt they're gonna do that because of all the money they're most likely gonna lose from producing the 'kid' collection. No words can describe how I feel, I just hate to see the SW figures treated like this after we got all those gret POTJ figures, it mus tbe true Hasbro is just greedy and doesn't care about what their product is like, as long as it's sure-fire they'll get money off it!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jargo
01-10-2002, 02:17 PM
Yeah but if the arena playset becomes a reality just hink of the hours of fun you can have with a Geonosis bowl dance off competition! :D We can always add flamenco Maul from the episode one desert battle cinema scene. :)

bigbarada
01-10-2002, 05:05 PM
I'm not happy with these at all!:mad: Terrible!

Has Hasbro even been listening to us?:frus:

sith_killer_99
01-10-2002, 05:44 PM
I agree with LTBasker on the Amidala figure.:cool:

Natalie is NOT that well endowed. Heck, my Laura Croft Tomb Raider figures aren't THAT sexy. Too much for kids!!!:(

Shame on you Hasbro.:frus:

As for the others.....eh?

I'm wondering what the packaging will be like. I mean, I've seen the preview of the packaging from Hasbro. But judging from the size of some of these pack-ins??? Who knows? Amanaman had less stuff, or roughly the same amount. And he is in the deluxe line.........at $15.00 a pop.:mad:

This may not bode well for Hasbro. But who knows, I may see these in person and go crazy for 'em. Stranger things have happened. Al Gore ALMOST became President.;)

On a side note, does anyone think it's strange that GL is being ULTRA secretive about the AOTC figs. Then he decides to post them on HIS website, AND promises to give updates?!?!:rolleyes:

Is this another pathetic cry for attention?:( I thing George has issues.

SirSteve
01-10-2002, 05:46 PM
Check our news section as I posted details on these figures. :)

bigbarada
01-10-2002, 05:58 PM
Hmmmm, using the force to open his footlocker and grab his lightsaber. So what you're saying is that Anakin's got magnets in his hands too.:mad:

Ah well, at the end of the day they're just action figures. Albeit ones that I should have no trouble passing up when they show up on the pegs.

SithDroid
01-10-2002, 06:12 PM
Ok first of all, the figures look generally alright to me. I do agree that Amidala is way too tall and busty. Just when I thoguht Hasbro was getting close to making figures to scale (ex. Mechanic Chewy and Bespin Escape Leia) now they go and make Amidala as tall as Anakin, who is probably a foot taller than her in real life. And what good is a character that appears to be shoving her chest out as if asking for us to look at her boobs. And for the legs, I don't quite like the way they are standing. Why do they all have to have a wide stance. As far as the pack-ins, I could care less about them. They were probably designed by Hasbro to up the price of the figures even more. Remember the good old days when POTF2 only cost $4.99 a figure. I have a feeling that if the price is increased too dramatically that these things will end up sitting on the shelves just like the over ordered Episode I stuff.

El Chuxter
01-10-2002, 06:42 PM
Please allow me to introduce myself. I am El Chuxter, the weirdo with such poor taste as to have liked the AOTC teaser poster and the Mara Jade figure. Therefore it will come as no surprise that my warped and backwards mind actually thinks these figures look awesome!

Amidala's belly button. . . . Wow--we had to wait until ROTJ to see Leia's! She'll probably be butt-naked in E3! :crazed:

Jargo
01-10-2002, 06:54 PM
Yeesh! Uri Gellar bent my action figure.....

Magnet attraction features, twist and go features, magic wand sabers. This is definately the wave intended for the kiddie market sn't it? I quite like everything about about these figures to be honest apart from the extra wide leg stances. That can't be humanly possible surely...? Makes my eyes water to think about it!:crazed:

I can't see what all the fuss is about quite frankly. They don't seem too bad considering they could be totally innaccurate like the vintage ones were. I seem to recall being most distressed that Ponda Baba ( Walrus man ) didn't look like the photo on the card or the image I had of him from the movie. These figures could have been that bad.

As it stands I'm going to buy all but Amidala. And then I'll buy the collection 2 figures we haven't seen yet that are intended for folk like us.
For the market they're intended for, these figures aren't bad. It's the next lot - collection 2 that we need to worry about.
But let's not forget there's a million and one resculpts to be expected of the core characters so there's bound to be something for everyone to be happy about at some point.

And now to my moany bit...... :D

Hasbro say the characters that are supposed to go with the vehicles will be sculpted so they can fit into them. But the characters who don't use the vehicles will be sculpted in more dynamic poses. Action poses. I won't get picky much but isn't the idea that WE decide who we put into the vehicles ourselves? Isn't that the basic premise of 'PLAY' to engage the imagination? So what are kids supposed to do just stick the figure in the vehicle and be done with it?
How about having a range of figures that can be interchanged and all fit into the vehicles so the kiddies can use their imaginations for themselves and have adventures beyond the movies? Y'know, the way toys are normally played with.

For a toy company they have much to learn about the nature of toys and kids. Aye caramba Hasbro! :rolleyes:

SirSteve
01-10-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Hmmmm, using the force to open his footlocker and grab his lightsaber. So what you're saying is that Anakin's got magnets in his hands too.:mad:

Yes, but they are painted to match his skin.

bigbarada
01-10-2002, 07:30 PM
Y'know what? I'm actually tired of being angry about these figures. Sure they aren't in the direction I wanted the line to go but so what? I'll live with it just like I managed to live with the vintage Darth Vader looking like he was sculpted out of runny mashed potatoes by a dyslexic Hippo with a tire iron and a spackle-gun.

Jargo said something to me earlier about negativity flooding the net these days and I realize that all this hatred just festers until we become so jaded we can't accept anything without complaint.

Sooooo, bring on the Ep2 toys! I'll buy the ones I like, pass on the ones I don't and start counting the days until the Attack of the Clones!!!

Rodian Sniper
01-10-2002, 07:46 PM
Damn. I wish I had a pair of ruby slippers. Then I'd just click and it'll free from this Hasbro nightmare. Hasbro is doing a great in chasing away collectors. I give them two thumbs up. I mean...I'm about to quit collecting myself! :cry: :cry: :cry: :crazed:

Rodian Sniper
01-10-2002, 07:47 PM
I noticed I leave out words when I type. Sorry. I do that when I'm not thinking right [which is about 985 of the time].:crazed: :stupid: :stupid: :crazed: :stupid: :stupid: :crazed: :stupid: :stupid: :crazed:

GNT
01-10-2002, 07:50 PM
Hey JEDIpartnr and JarJarBinks did you even bother to read what they posted?

Please Note:
The initial wave of Episode II content, along with any and all future content, is protected by Hasbro and Lucasfilm copyright and may not be reposted in any manner without prior written permission. This includes text excerpts and images and/or video, even in part. However, linking to this content is permissible.

The figures are still cr@p!

orrimarrko
01-11-2002, 08:38 AM
I'm new to these forums, but I have to say that I just don't get it. After all this time, I understand that Hasblow is torn to satisfy the collectors and the children who play with the toys. What I don't get is the constant changes. Didn't they learn anything from the pieces of crap they put out on the market in '95 - the initial POTF2 figs (with the steroid driven bodies and terrible pre-poses)? For God's sake - look at the new Amidala pose - what is this, Tomb Raider or some Anime figure? Terrible. I had been so impressed with the sculpting and presentation of the last few months worth of figures, and was eagerly awaiting the ones for Ep II. But they are SO awful, I can't help but think that I have no interest in buying them at all.

Worst is - I can't even find a method to let Hasbro know how I feel (and I'm obviously not alone.) If they wished to do a pre-posed line, with extra special features, then make those the Deluxe figures - optional at best. Just stop trying to constantly mess with the standard line of figures. Hasbro is regressing at this point - not improving.

End of rant.

JEDIpartner
01-11-2002, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by GNT
Hey JEDIpartnr and JarJarBinks did you even bother to read what they posted?

What??

Aside from that... Obi-Wan's got sticky fingers!!!??? Maybe the reason Padme's taller now is that they put her on a rack and stretched her before they chained her up to her break-away pillar!

Tycho
01-11-2002, 01:48 PM
I love the Amidala figure. I would love to surround myself with women, or at least one great gal that looks like that!

But when all else fails, I'll be happy to buy the action figure...:(

Look on the bright side: a date at TRU for Midnight Madness will cost less than a relationship with a girl with a real figure like hers.

The paint jobs on all 3, especially Anakin, seem to be much more like what I wanted, versus the images we saw before. But I caution that it's hard to tell, as the Hasbro pic is such a dark shot of Anakin, that you can't make out all the detail as if the figure were in your hand.

I'm glad to hear that we will be getting other versions of these figures though - ones that fit in the ships. I imagine Jango will have 2 more sculpts at the least. And I really liked the other figures that were shown as prototypes all better than these. My biggest disappointment was the extreme poses for the main characters. It's not so bad as everyone is saying.

I think 2002 will be a great year for Star Wars collecting.

Jayspawn
01-11-2002, 01:59 PM
Yep, these figures still SUCK!!!

I usually don't like offending people but...Hasbro, your figures STINK!!! I guess McFarlane and ToyBiz are the only ones making cool figures this year. Well I guess they get my money then. Sorry Hasbro.

Man In The Box
01-11-2002, 03:37 PM
dont know if I dig those at all. They poses and junk remind of that extreme GI line from a few years agoo

xboywonder
01-11-2002, 05:06 PM
I really can't believe these figures... I was really starting to enjoy POTJ sculpting and articulation.

I can't believe it...

Anikins lightsaber is attatched to his arm and probably retracts into it. It didn't work for the vintage line, and it won't work here either.

All three have crapy poses and useless pack-ins.

If I don't start seeing something a little more impressive, I probably won't purchase many figures at all from the new line.

GNT
01-11-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
What??

You posted the picture that was from the Hasbro/starwars.com site here

"The initial wave of Episode II content, along with any and all future content, is protected by Hasbro and Lucasfilm copyright and may not be reposted in any manner without prior written permission. This includes text excerpts and images and/or video, even in part."

Jargo
01-12-2002, 06:33 PM
But that applies to all the images you've been posting and linking to in threads GNT :) Guess if Hasbro want to get sniffy they have to take us all on then for posting/rehosting/transmitting/e-mailing these images. Think Hasbro would take on the world in a court case?
probably just pick one unlucky sap and make an example of them. That's the cowardly way to do things. if Hasbro had balls they'd take on the world and sue every man woman and child.
Like making an example of one person is gonna stop folk from taking the pics and posting them. The pics will come out somehow or other and that's the end of it. Maybe if they showed us more of what goes into the design, planning approval and production processes we would feel more at ease with them. A little tour of progress with each figure instead of the crap three sentence report threy put on their website.
It's no wonder we fans get frustrated when the company won't communicate at all. It makes them look so secretive. And I'm not talking about the episode two figures here either. I'm thinking of the fan choice figures and the classic figures. What is the point of making stuff they know we are never going to like. They are well aware of the hate out there for the one pose figures and yet they just keep chucking them out. They know we hate non movie crap like the first POTF2 deluxe figures and the episode one deluxe figure second and third wave. But still with the non movie action 'features' and gimicks.
I haven't heard many people here enthuse much about the anniversary packs so I can only assume that the designers and staff at Hasbro are more impressed with the nostalgia kick than we are. Or do we blame Steve Sansweet for this? Yeah, he's always pestering the Hasbro guys, he must be to blame cuz he's a 'super collector' who only wants stuff to display in his 'super' collection display cases. Hmmmmm, YEAH! That's right we'll blame Steve Sansweet for the crappy one pose figures and the lame anniversary packs and the lack of anything we want... Let's lynch Steve Sansweet for ruining star wars collecting irrevocably!

Now why didn't I think of this before........? :crazed:

Tycho
01-12-2002, 11:18 PM
I don't think Steve Sansweet is to 'blame' for this. I've met him on several occasions and talked at length. The new direction they took with the figures is (I doubt) his first preference, though I could see why even I could LIKE these figures.

The point is we ARE getting Obi-Wan, Jango, Anakin, and Padme that are not extreme-posed, but for the particular scenes these figures are drawn from - I will enjoy using them in my dioramas.

Speaking from having read all I could about the story outline though, I still don't know about Anakin.

And Clearly: I prefer figures I can pose myself! So I was disappointed when I saw these. If they weren't the first figures I saw, it might have left a better impression. Oh well.

In the meantime, Kit Fisto is one of the only other figures I question: will we need a less extreme-pose Kit figure? Is he a new member of the Jedi Council during this time? Or just cannon-fodder (or Reek food) for the Arena scene?

Posing him limits adventures kids can have - I will say that! Like Eeth Koth - it's hard to imagine him standing there watching Yoda interview Anakin in an Episode One scene, while Mr. Koth is grabbing mynocks out of the sky...

It is a great figure, but requires a resculpt and it's brand new!

They are ripping us off buying multiples of minor characters if they go this route.

I suppose the alternative is to make every figure $9.99 like a Deluxe and articulate it like a GI Joe? Well, for one those figures are sold in 2-packs and work out to like $3.50 for each one apiece.

So the solution is DON'T SCULPT IT LIKE AN EPIC FORCE FIGURE. It's great the Hasbro guys have talent. We know. Don't ruin your product line trying to show it off.

Obi-Don
01-13-2002, 03:30 AM
Well , what can you say? The figures look good. I think we all knew that the one pose was coming and like everything else from Hasbro they have shown us that they don't care about the people who buy thier products. We can all say "I'm not going to buy this and I'm not going to buy that". But Hasbro has the word on whats to be made since GL doesn't seem to care either. I'll buy them and so will a lot of you. They really are not that bad and I don't play with them anyways. I may have to with the Amidala :eek: I mean with some of the figures.:D

Darth Evil
01-13-2002, 08:34 AM
I want to see Dooku, he'll be a cool character! Hopefully he'll be in a neutral pose.

moff-jerjerrod
01-13-2002, 10:40 PM
I hate these figures! What have they done!
How did we go from POTJ to this? I want ACTION figures not action poses. Forget the packins Hasbro give us accessories bring back the play value of the 80s line.

I really hope we get a neutral pose of these figures. And a playset without firing missiles.

Dissapointed!!!

Darth Mojhaan
01-16-2002, 10:25 PM
I am sick of everyone complaining about these figures. Do any of you remember 1995, when Star Wars came back to the toy ailes to fill the void we had in our lives. Everyone at that time praised the He-Man Luke and the Stiff Chewie who seemed to have a grin and fans all around the world screamed in delight. If any one is like me, they ripped those packages open to examine the horrible resemblance to the movies and we still screamed in delight. Years passed, more Lukes and Vaders and Landos and well you get the idea, arrived in our hands and I am one of the many who opened the packages to display and you cannot tell me that when you look back, all those figures were stiff in stance and play value. And still to this day, they can't get the sculpt right on Luke Skywalker. You complain about the stances and the statue liknesses but answer me this, are you going to play with them or display them. I purchased the newest Spawn recently and he is like a statue. Two points of articulation but I display him because he is awsome. Quit griping, you sound like a bunch of children.
I love the figures and I am proud of Hasbro, they are directing the line towards the adults more because it is the adults who made this line popular.

Wolfwood319
01-17-2002, 02:58 AM
That sounds like the rant of a disgruntled Hasbro sculpter to me...

Actually, the current figures (AOTC) are not well liked by the adults/collectors, as represented by the posts by users at this forum, and many other forums like this one. So obviously Hasbro's plans to direct the line towards adults has failed.

Collectors want their figures to have articulation, so they can pose them how ever they chose when they display them. They don't like "statue-esque" figures, like McFarlane figures, for the star wars line.

Just because you buy a hunk of McFarlane plastic and display it, doesn't mean that everyone else likes the same thing.