PDA

View Full Version : ROTS figures you won't see (may contain spoilers)

TheBigSloppy
05-19-2005, 12:42 PM
First off ...BRAVO! I loved the film. Sure, there were classic Lucas moments of weak dialogue and wooden acting, but all-in-all a solid film. The tension, the drama, the struggle of good vs. evil far outweighed my prior criticism...well done.

TONGUE AND CHEEK
And yet I couldn't help but smirk when, while viewing the film, I thought about action figures that probably won't ever hit the production line. Like:

1. Charred Anakin w/ removable legs and real lava accessory
2. Deluxe funeral procession Padme - relive your favorite death march
3. Delivery room Padme w/ placenta accessory
4. Jedi Temple Youngling w/ saber damage

:D

CaptainSolo1138
05-19-2005, 01:15 PM
2. Deluxe funeral procession Padme - relive your favorite death march

To be honest, this wouldn't surprise me if it showed up. I think it'd be a helluva figure (notice I didn't say action figure :D ).

Back on topic, I have a hunch we'll never get an oil squirting R2-D2 with "Real Ignition!" action feature.

tagmac
05-19-2005, 01:53 PM
1. Charred Anakin w/ removable legs and real lava accessory

We're already getting this one - Mustafar Anakin #50, minus the lava accessory.

Based on what I saw, there are several figures we should NOT have gotten, unless the DVD restores the footage. Beware, spoilers:
Shaak Ti (reg. and 12")
Barris Offee 12"
Luminara
Mon Mothma
Yoda w/ Can-Cell

....and amazingly, Zett Jukassa makes perfect sense as a figure this early on.

PloKoon2385
05-19-2005, 02:37 PM
Actually, Luminara is shown very briefly. When they first show Kashyyyk with all the Can-Can's with wookies on them, she is on the ground speaking with clones. I too was surprised that they didn't show Mon Mothma, since she was so "hyped." (It's hard to hype Mon Mothma). I am also surprised they cut Shaak Ti. Since she was a bigger part in the original cut, and an interesting part in the next cut. It'll be interesting to see what's on the DVD.

tagmac
05-19-2005, 03:03 PM
Cool.....I'll keep an eye out for her when I see it later tonight. Regardless, I still say this one needs a 4 hour SE DVD release, a'la LOTR.

beckmen
05-19-2005, 03:07 PM
GL seemingly cut TONS of footage...

evenflow
05-19-2005, 04:06 PM
Yeah I dont remember seeing Mon Mothma at all. I hope they add all the deleted scenes back for the DVD.

beckmen
05-19-2005, 04:49 PM
They won't add ALL of them. They didn't for 1 and 2. I am sure we'll get a good 15 minutes though. Hopefully Mon Mothma and the Queen of Naboo will be among the people we get to see more of. I like Keisha and I was sad to have not seen her. She was great in Whale Rider, I am so shocked that she doesn't have anything else coming out!

General_Grievous
05-19-2005, 07:20 PM
Beckmen, the Queen was in it. In the funeral scene. She practically filled up the frame since it was a headshot. No lines, though.

tagmac
05-19-2005, 11:44 PM
Just got back from seeing it again. I saw Luminara this time around, but definitely no Mon Mothma. Unless it's going to become the plot of the tv show, the whole subplot of the Petition of the 2000 was too important to have been cut.

beckmen
05-19-2005, 11:56 PM
There's so much for the TV show to do, really bridge the gap between the two series. The Empire will cement their posistion, Vader will complete his turn to the dark side, the Rebellion will be formed...

Sith Lord 0498
05-20-2005, 06:22 AM
You can always customize a Jedi Youngling with lightsaber damage.

As for Mon Mothma, I think I saw her amidst the congregation of senators that greeted Palpatine when he returned from being "rescued."

Droid
05-20-2005, 10:27 AM
I think that when Anakin and Obi-wan first get back to Coruscant after saving Palpatina that Mon Mothma is standing in the crowd of politicians wearing white. I agree, I thought she'd be in the movie more.

HighLordDave
05-20-2005, 11:37 AM
There will eventually be an edition with all the cut footage. It probably won't be the DVD version that will be out in about six months, but remember that in order to make even more money, there's going to be a "Prequel Trilogy" version in a few years that has all three movies together. Then there's going to be a "Special Edition" of the Prequel Trilogy with some of the cut footage put back in, some of the CGI cleaned up and some other tweaks (Yoda shooting first or something like that).

Then there will be a "Platinum Edition" version with all of the cut footage back in the movies and then there will be a "Super-Duper Extra-Special Titanium Edition" with all six movies together, all the footage that was cut out of every film, plus the Ewok Adventure, all the Droids cartoons, every documentary about Star Wars ever made, and even a bootleg copy of the fabled Holiday Special all wrapped up in one package.

CaptainSolo1138
05-20-2005, 11:41 AM
and even a bootleg copy of the fabled Holiday Special all wrapped up in one package.
I was with you until this part. :crazed:

megaprime33
05-20-2005, 11:53 AM
My question is with the charred anakin that is coming out, does he have human legs or robotic? Seems kinda lame to have human legs since Kenobi sliced them off. I guesss it's because people want to stand and display their figure instead of a having a stump. :crazed:

WesleySr
05-20-2005, 02:48 PM
The #1 Figure that we will never see is:

Senator Bana Breemu (Bai Ling) Soft Goods (removable clothes to reveal the Playboy pose) :D

beckmen
05-20-2005, 03:39 PM
And too bad, it is...

WesleySr
05-20-2005, 03:52 PM
Sad thing about it is that I doubt we will ever see any version of her made. I also doubt that she ever does another Star Wars convention. (I wonder how much my autographed CIII picture is going to be worth???)

Sith Lord 0498
05-20-2005, 05:23 PM
My question is with the charred anakin that is coming out, does he have human legs or robotic? Seems kinda lame to have human legs since Kenobi sliced them off. I guesss it's because people want to stand and display their figure instead of a having a stump. :crazed:

From the pics I've seen, Mustafar Anakin has human legs, and it's probably for that very reason you mentioned (display purposes).

LTBasker
05-20-2005, 08:29 PM
Hey who knows, we might get birthing Padme sometime. It's not like they showed anything, I mean she had that huge green lampshade covering most of her legs. (I guess there was some sort of conveyor belt in there?)

Figures I'm sure we'll never get:
Pilot Droid
flaming Grievous
flaming Anakin
Removeable head Clone Trooper

Jayspawn
05-20-2005, 11:10 PM
If you look at The Making of Revenge of the Sith book, theres a picture of Padme sitting in her appartment joined by 6 other senators. I believe one is Mon Mothma, Bai Ling is another. Obviously this was cut from the film too. Its worth a look.

Jayspawn
05-20-2005, 11:12 PM
We'll probably never get young Beru or Owen Larrs. Heck, we stil dont have AOTC versions either!

WesleySr
05-21-2005, 03:28 AM
We'll probably never get young Beru or Owen Larrs. Heck, we stil dont have AOTC versions either!

Yeah, but with them in both movies, maybe we might get them now.

Figures I'm sure we'll never get:
Removeable head Clone Trooper

I wouldn't be to sure. After all, we did get a removable head Jango Fett.