PDA

View Full Version : Where were Shaak Ti, Luminara, and Bariss!? And who was that kid?!

Dexter
05-19-2005, 02:36 PM
From the novels and Clone Wars, these are 3 of my favorite Jedi. Luminara and Shaak Ti have action figures for ROTS and Bariss has a 12" figure. But I don't remember seeing any of them! Are they the Jedi that Obi-Wan and Yoda are able to save by turning off the signal?

Also, what's with that Jedi kid that ran out of nowhere in the scene with Bail Organa and got gunned down? I was really confused by that.

Slicker
05-19-2005, 02:39 PM
I recall seeing Luminara on Kashyyyk standing on a platform (blink and you'll miss it) and the kid Jedi was I believe Lucas' son and I thought that part was great.

tagmac
05-19-2005, 03:11 PM
Yep, that was Jett. Perfectly justifies his getting a figure so early.

One other character was also missing, very inexplicably - Mon Mothma!

Sith Lord 0498
05-19-2005, 04:09 PM
Yep, that was Jett. Perfectly justifies his getting a figure so early.

One other character was also missing, very inexplicably - Mon Mothma!

I too was pleasant surprised by the part Lucas' son played. It was great to see a Padawan that young in action, and it wasn't some gratuitous part thrown in just so Daddy can make his little boy popular. It had merit.

As far as Mon Mothma is concerned, did anyone notice she's still listed in the end credits. And I loved how Governor Tarkin was listed about a dozen names down. You barely saw him!! But then again, you could practically say the same thing about Dooku. :p

evenflow
05-19-2005, 04:18 PM
What about Mon Mothma? Anyone see her?

kool-aid killer
05-19-2005, 04:44 PM
According to the Dark Horse Star Wars Episode 3 Revenge of the Sith comic book (issue number three in the four part series) Bariss is killed on a planet called Felucia, the same one we see Aayla slain on. Bariss is shown being killed by a AT-TE walker. Luminara is shown speaking to some clones on Kashyyk and they blast her in the following panel. No sign of Shaak Ti in the comic or how she dies, but i imagine it happens within the Jedi Temple because in the Clone Wars cartoon she was severly wounded by Grievous. She was probably in there recuperating when stuff hit the fan.

Ji'dai
05-19-2005, 04:55 PM
Was Mothma part of the delegation greeting Palpatine after his rescue? I dunno, she may have been cut completely, although I did see her name in the credits. There was also a "Javva the Hutt" in the credits too.

jjreason
05-19-2005, 04:55 PM
Very good thought, KAK. I'll buy it. I really liked Jett Zukasa's part as well - a stand out moment in a movie truly full of them.

DarkCloud
05-19-2005, 11:00 PM
concerning mothma, she was in the openiing scene when they greeted palpatine back and also during the scene with bail organa and capt antillies.

i think i blinked alot during the film and didnt c shaaki ti or bariss. :cry:

i personally thought the scene wit zett was pretty lame due to if he was such a standout jedi, he could've killed the troopers...:evil:

El Chuxter
05-20-2005, 12:09 PM
Barriss was killed on Felucia when gunned down by an AT-TE because, like every other Jedi, she apparently was an incompetent idiot. Cute, but incompetent.

sicqnus
05-20-2005, 12:42 PM
I also loved the scene with Jett Lucas, fast and nicely done.

Mon Mothma (G. O'Reilly) is only seen as part of the delegation (in the background) when Palpatine's back with Anakin & Obi-Wan (as well as the big fat blue girl who is George Lucas daughter).
The girl seen in a scene with Antilles and Organa aboard the Blockade Runner is not O'Reilly.

The scene with the first Rebel council with Mothma, Organa and an unnamed Calamari senator has been cut.

Darth_Severus
05-20-2005, 01:11 PM
I bet the unamed Clamari senator was Ackbar, knowing how Lucas found a way to shove as many trilogy characters into the prequels as possible, I wouldn't be surprised if Cpt. Panaka turns out to be Lando's father....

THE Slayer
05-20-2005, 01:52 PM
I was thumbing through the 'Making of ROTS' and Shaak Ti apparently has two different death scenes, neither of which is in the movie. The first one she stabbed by Grievous when Anakin and OBi rescue the chancelor, this one was only sketches in the book. The second shows her meditating in the Jedi temple and Anakin is standing behind her before he goes off to slaughter the younglings. I don't know why this scene was cut. Maybe GL wants to save her for his tv series and have darth hunt her down.

Barris and Shaak both get a 12inch figure and arn't even in the movie? Very curious.

Darth_Severus
05-20-2005, 03:34 PM
I am currently writing a fan fiction which is a far more detailed account of Anakin's invasion of the temple and I kill off several characters that aren't in the movie and some of my other fan fiction Jedi.
In it, I have Jemp, the youngling get killed and Bultar Swan and Ashla escape together in a Jedi starfighter.
But, in MY version, Shaak Ti is inside a bacta tank in the infirmary, she awakens just in time to see the clone flame units blast the incapacitated Jedi and she gets killed when ARC troopers fire rockets into the bacta rooms

THE Slayer
05-20-2005, 09:26 PM
Darth Severus-That sounds cool, but she is still dead either way. And that still sucks.

Darth_Severus
05-21-2005, 07:58 AM
Thanks, but yeah, I had to kill her off, I'm gonna have several more characters in it too, I'll tell u when i'm done.

Veers
05-21-2005, 12:00 PM
What happened to Yaada? I did not see Yaada in the movie at all. Yaada is the same species as Yoda who also served on the Jedi Council. Also I did not see that long neck jedi character that also served on the Jedi Council.

Droid
05-22-2005, 09:11 AM
I finally spotted Shaak Ti in the movie! She can be seen when Yoda is on Kashyyk attending a Jedi Council meeting via hologram. The back of her head can be seen as a hologram sitting in her Jedi Council chair! No Bariss Ofee though that I saw.

asiandoood
05-23-2005, 04:40 AM
I saw Luminara. Didnt see Bariss. Although I thought those two were pretty badass and wanted to see more from them...hopefully in the TV series.

Shaak Ti...I didnt catch.

I also heard Lucas says Aaylaa Secura (twilek jedi) wasn't killed off either...as he says she will be in the TV series also? During the film...she was being shot..but I saw no flesh wounds as they did with Ki Adi Mundi. They just panned away from her as she fell.

Sith Lord 0498
05-23-2005, 06:19 AM
I saw Luminara. Didnt see Bariss. Although I thought those two were pretty badass and wanted to see more from them...hopefully in the TV series.

Shaak Ti...I didnt catch.

I also heard Lucas says Aaylaa Secura (twilek jedi) wasn't killed off either...as he says she will be in the TV series also? During the film...she was being shot..but I saw no flesh wounds as they did with Ki Adi Mundi. They just panned away from her as she fell.

Shaak Ti was visible from the back during the wide shot of the holographic council when Yoda was communicating with them on Kashyyyk just before the battle began.

I don't see how Aayla Secura survived. She had the most violent death of all the masters during the Order 66 montage. The shot was constructed in such a way as to insinuate the violence: having the camera pull back so that Aayla's body was obscured by Felucia's foliage while you can only see the clones emptying their blasters on the spot she fell. It's similar to Murphy's death in Robocop where Lewis is watching and then all you see are the drug dealers unloading their weapons toward Murphy's location.

jlw
05-23-2005, 10:36 AM
Shaak Ti can be seen briefly in the Jedi Council Hologram on Kashyyk, when Yoda and the Wookies are standing next to the table.

Mon Mothma can be seen among the crowd of people welcoming Chancelor Palpatine back; but I do not think that is Mon Mothma on board the Corellian Corvette - but I could be wrong. There was a whole scene with Bail and Mon Mothma talking to Padme about forming a Rebellion that was cut from the movie.

Concerning the credits, toward the end of the credits there is a character named "Motee" anybody know who this is? The first time I saw it, I didn't see "Tarkin" listed and was thinking they got his name wrong (as in Motti).

bobafett07728
05-23-2005, 01:24 PM
Motee sounds lika a handmaiden name. . . does Padme have any, or is it possible that she is with the new Queen of Naboo at the end of the movie?

I was a little disspointed that Shaak was not seen fighting Anakin in the Temple, I assumed that we would see that after reading the novel.

I saw Luminara for a breif moment on Kasshyk, as well. I would assume Bariss is also on that planet. I have yet to see those two seprated.

Also. . . I see no way Aayala survived on Felucia. . . the plant folliage was strategically put there so that we would not see the carnage.

asiandoood
05-23-2005, 01:51 PM
from the looks of the movie events...it doesnt look like she survived. but from reports (dont know how true it is).... she supposely survived

http://www.theforce.net/episode3/story/Aayla_Secura_Talks_Star_Wars_TV_Series_91649.asp

.... only time will tell :D

PloKoon2385
05-23-2005, 01:55 PM
I really wish they had shown more of Anakin killing Jedi, as heartwrenching as it is. Shaak Ti vs. Anakin would have been cool.
Also, bobafett, Bariss becomes a knight in the Clone Wars cartoon, so it is very possible that they separated.
The Mon Calamari senator is not Ackbar, as we are getting a figure of him later this year. I forget his name, however.
I have a question. Did Agen Kolar's death seem a little... odd. He was TURNED AROUND when Palpatine got him. Why in blazes would he have turned around in the presence of a Sith Lord? And Saesee was just pathetic, and so was Kit. PATHETIC!

tagmac
05-23-2005, 02:08 PM
Did Agen Kolar's death seem a little... odd. He was TURNED AROUND when Palpatine got him. Why in blazes would he have turned around in the presence of a Sith Lord? And Saesee was just pathetic, and so was Kit. PATHETIC!

Agreed. I could have seen Palpy killing one of them in mid flight as he landed, but seeing as how he seemed to hesitate first, you'd think someone would have at least had time to react. These are not supposed to be ordinary humans in shock, but Jedi who, through the force, should be able to sense it coming.

PloKoon2385
05-23-2005, 06:02 PM
from the looks of the movie events...it doesnt look like she survived. but from reports (dont know how true it is).... she supposely survived

http://www.theforce.net/episode3/story/Aayla_Secura_Talks_Star_Wars_TV_Series_91649.asp

.... only time will tell :D

If you read the article again, it has just been updated. It was false. Aayla Secura is dead, along with many of our favorite Jedi. :cry:

Slicker
05-23-2005, 06:06 PM
I don't see how Aayla could've survived anyways. She seemed like the only one the Clones made sure was dead. They kept pumping her full of shots and you could see where they were entering her body. If she survives it's only to appease the fan boys that drool over female characters.