PDA

View Full Version : The movie's out, now what? (Possible spoilers)

PloKoon2385
05-19-2005, 03:03 PM
So, we've seen the movie. Now what do you think we need plasticified?
I would love to see:
Baron Papanoida
Commander Cody
More Clone Commanders
More clones (with different colorations)
Cin Drallig
lots more Padme's
Bail Organa's wife? The one in the Tantive IV with the Leia-like costume
Jedi (younglins, padawans, knights= generic)
Shock troops

and I would kill for:
VOTC style:
Padme
Anakin
Obi-Wan
Mace Windu
Greivous

We already have excellent Dooku, Clones and a pretty good Palpatine.

Bacta Beast
05-19-2005, 10:31 PM
According to hyperspace photos of the girl in the Tantive, that wasn't Bails wife, just an aid. Just FYI.

Her name is "Sheltay Retrac" in the visual dictionary.

abell748
05-20-2005, 09:22 AM
I would like to see more clones. There were so many of them however, I had horrible dreams of Target getting them all as exclusives, screwing up the releases, and charging $12 for each of them. AGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Good, just a nightmare, maybe Hasbro will do some of them as running changes to the line. Although, you think we would have heard about it by now.

DarthZylek
05-20-2005, 09:28 AM
In future waves, the #41 SA clones are supposed to have color variants. So hopefully we will see the blue clones that marched on the Temple, and the yellow clones from Utapau.

DarthZylek
05-20-2005, 09:30 AM
I would like to see more clones. There were so many of them however, I had horrible dreams of Target getting them all as exclusives, screwing up the releases, and charging $12 for each of them. AGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Good, just a nightmare, maybe Hasbro will do some of them as running changes to the line. Although, you think we would have heard about it by now.

I still hope that the future target exclusives are character clones like:

Bly (killed Aayla)
Gree (Yoda chopped off his head)
Cody (Obi's buddy)
Neyo (Killed Stass on the speeder bike)

That way we don't have to buy multiples if you are an army builder.

Droid
05-20-2005, 10:22 AM
I actually was surprised at how few more figures REALLY need to be made from Episode III.

I would be quite happy with two cinema scenes,

Bail, the Queen of Alderaan, and Leia
Owen, Beru, and Luke

Darth_Severus
05-20-2005, 01:08 PM
Personally, I won't be happy until Hasbro releases igures based on characters from the Lucasarts videogames, Komari Vosa, Jerec, Darth Nihilus, Podracers, these would all make great figures if Hasbro reverts back to the good way of making figures, 1997- Episode 1, these had great play value until hasbro introduced the 'play action' features, magnets in hands, making them fat, stupid keys and switches on figures backs making them look out of place.

WesleySr
05-20-2005, 02:42 PM
I still hope that the future target exclusives are character clones like:

Bly (killed Aayla)
Gree (Yoda chopped off his head)
Cody (Obi's buddy)
Neyo (Killed Stass on the speeder bike)

That way we don't have to buy multiples if you are an army builder.

Very good idea. I especially like the fact that since these are not army builders, they might be easier to find.

I actually was surprised at how few more figures REALLY need to be made from Episode III.

I would be quite happy with two cinema scenes,

Bail, the Queen of Alderaan, and Leia
Owen, Beru, and Luke

There was another thread discussing the infant Luke/Leia, and this is by far the best solution of how to get them. Great idea Droid.

Also, I agree with everyone else about wanting more clones.

darko666
05-20-2005, 03:13 PM
basic figures:
every clone trooper(especially the ones that kill Ki-Adi)
flag ship pilot(the guys helping put out the fire)
emperors wrath mace windu w/removable arm
imperial officer
commader cody w/removable helmet and mini holo sidious
medical droids during Padmes birth

cinema scenes:
grievous bowing down to Sidious Holo(great scene)

WesleySr
05-20-2005, 03:28 PM
Hey, darko666, don't forget about the other medical droids for Darth Vader's transformation.

beckmen
05-20-2005, 03:29 PM
Commander Cody is really going to be my Holy Grail of ROTS figs that I want made. I love Clones and he seemed to be the most bad-***ed one of them all!

WesleySr
05-20-2005, 03:35 PM
I would like to see all of the different Commanders that were contacted by the Emperor to kill the Jedi (Cody, Gree, Bly, etc.).

darko666
05-20-2005, 03:39 PM
Hey, darko666, don't forget about the other medical droids for Darth Vader's transformation.

ah, yes. those would also be cool figures. the droid similar to 2-1B needs to be remade. he seemed more bulkier and looked cooler in ROTS.

WesleySr
05-20-2005, 04:11 PM
Yeah, the other medical droids would make for a nice diorama with the Deluxe Vader (operating table) and #37 Vader's Medical Droid.

Old Fossil
05-22-2005, 12:47 PM
I think I'm done. I might buy Cody when (not "if") he's put into plastic, but that's probably it. I'm beginning to lose interest in buying new SW toys, though I'm really enjoying the ones I HAVE purchased from ROTS, almost without exception.

I think if Hasbro made R5-D4, the Tonnika sister(s), and Hem Dazon, I'd call it quits altogether.

WesleySr
05-22-2005, 02:19 PM
OK, here are the figures that I want from ROTS:

Owen Lars, Beru Lars, Infant Luke (Cinema Scene)
Bail Organa, Bail's Wife, Infant Leia (Cinema Scene)
Obi-Wan Kenobi & Eopie (Beast Pack)
Vader's Other Medical Droids
Commanders Bly, Cody, & Gree
ALL of the Clone Troopers variations

There are probably more, but that is all that I can think of

Sentinel18725
05-22-2005, 02:33 PM
I still want more Ewoks...opps, I mean Wookies lol

A Mace Windu would be cool from the confrontation with the emperor. However, seeing as how two have been made of him already, I doubt that would happen. If they did do it, how about a blue lightning that was a little "cocoon". That would be awesome! you could fit him into it to recreate the throwing out of the window thingy. Then, you could use the same ball of lightning with Count Dooku or the Emperor and Luke!

More Clones
More senators...especially George Lucas
Make the other medical droid

That would be good!

WesleySr
05-22-2005, 02:39 PM
A Mace Windu would be cool from the confrontation with the emperor. However, seeing as how two have been made of him already, I doubt that would happen. If they did do it, how about a blue lightning that was a little "cocoon". That would be awesome! you could fit him into it to recreate the throwing out of the window thingy. Then, you could use the same ball of lightning with Count Dooku or the Emperor and Luke!

That WOULD be pretty cool, just as long as Mace had a removable hand.

beckmen
05-22-2005, 05:07 PM
Didn't the original ROTS Windu come with a lightning "cocoon"?

DarthZylek
05-22-2005, 06:11 PM
That WOULD be pretty cool, just as long as Mace had a removable hand.

The Mace from ROTS does in fact have removable hands.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-22-2005, 09:32 PM
The Mace from ROTS does in fact have removable hands.
But Mace's arm gets cut off about up to the elbow, I think.

I still want more Palpatine costume-change figures, since he had a lot of costumes this time around. And that Coleman Trebor-looking guy that sat with him in the opera box, he was cool.

VaderhitsJarjar
05-22-2005, 11:17 PM
Wow - I finally watched the movie!!

Figures I want to see:

More Clones (The ones that march with Vader on the temple)
a SA Anakin with better face - no gimmicks - just a nice Anakin
a SA Anakin with dark-side features.
more wookies
Nightgown Padme

I'll think up more..

Why were these figures made?

Exploding grievous
1st obi wan
and I may be wrong but the only blue guards in the movie wore the episode II style helmets.

Veers
05-22-2005, 11:37 PM
Tantive IV playset would be cool. I love that ship and the white hallways is so cool. You could set up alot of different scenes with that playset. You can re-enact the opening scenes from Star Wars A New Hope and of course ROTS scenes. Make a Clone Walker, simular to the At At vehicle. but make it the same size as the toy POTF At At. That would be awesome!

WesleySr
05-23-2005, 06:38 AM
But Mace's arm gets cut off about up to the elbow, I think.

I still want more Palpatine costume-change figures, since he had a lot of costumes this time around. And that Coleman Trebor-looking guy that sat with him in the opera box, he was cool.

The entire opera box would make a nice cinema scene.

rbaumhauer
05-23-2005, 03:45 PM
Still haven't processed the whole thing enough to come up with a full review of ROTS, so I'll just start here.

So, I didn't hate the movie - it was better than TPM and AOTC, but that's not saying much. As far as this thread goes, though, one thing the movie definitely didn't do for me was make me want to go out and collect action figures to commemorate it. I've already purchased a few clones, the Red Guard, 3PO, Yoda 26, but I honestly don't really want much beyond that, and honestly, I even had difficulty forcing myself to bid on the bargain loose OTC Gamorrean Guard that I had been watching on ebay (I eventually did get it, though).

There simply aren't any scenes that I would want to recreate, very few new characters that I want a representation of. That's not really a reflection on how good (or not) I thought the movie was, but ROTS is very, very bleak, depressing, brutal (in places).

Now, I didn't buy much from AOTC, either, but that was due more to an active dislike of the movie - this is really just a reaction to how bleak ROTS is.

Rick

Billiam86
05-23-2005, 08:08 PM
After viewing the film many many times, these are the figures I'd like to see made:

Emporer Palpatine (Yoda Duel)
Emporer Palpatine (Empire Declaration Senate Session)
Clonetrooper (The green one that tells Yoda the droids are coming on Kashyyk)
Padme (Empire Declaration Senate Session)
Bail Organa (Empire Declaration Senate Session)
Owen Lars
Beru Lars (they're married by this point, right?)
Luke and Leia
General Grievous (Invisible Hand Escape)
Darth Sidious (Holographic)
Tion Medon (just one for the regular line, could be repackage of Sneak Preview)
Nute Gunray
Commander Cody
Imperial Officer (on the Star Destroyer deck at the end of the film)
Boss Nass (Naboo Funeral)
Jar Jar Binks (Naboo Funeral)
Sio Bibble (Naboo Funeral)

I can't really think of anymore right now, but some of those I REALLY want

Sith Lord 0498
05-23-2005, 08:39 PM
After viewing the film many many times, these are the figures I'd like to see made:

Emporer Palpatine (Yoda Duel)
Emporer Palpatine (Empire Declaration Senate Session)
Clonetrooper (The green one that tells Yoda the droids are coming on Kashyyk)
Padme (Empire Declaration Senate Session)
Bail Organa (Empire Declaration Senate Session)
Owen Lars
Beru Lars (they're married by this point, right?)
Luke and Leia
General Grievous (Invisible Hand Escape)
Darth Sidious (Holographic)
Tion Medon (just one for the regular line, could be repackage of Sneak Preview)
Nute Gunray
Commander Cody
Imperial Officer (on the Star Destroyer deck at the end of the film)
Boss Nass (Naboo Funeral)
Jar Jar Binks (Naboo Funeral)
Sio Bibble (Naboo Funeral)

I can't really think of anymore right now, but some of those I REALLY want

Emperor Palpatine (Senate Duel) - Absolutely!!!

Emperor Palpatine (Empire Declaration) - Technically, we already have that figure (deluxe Palpatine/Sidious) so it's unlikely we'll get a better version any time soon.

Padme and Bail (Empire Declaration), Owen and Beru - Another h*ll yeah!!

Luke and Leia - Not very likely. Maybe they'd include one as a pack-in accessory for Beru and one for Owen, and we can just say they're two different babies.

Grievous and Holo Sidious - Unlikely. Maybe they'll just re-release the Episode I hologram.

Tion Medon - I agree that they should re-release him.

Commander Cody - Definitely! If they made Commander Bacara, they need to make Cody. At least he had a role in the film. Give him a removable helmet too.

Nute Gunray and the Naboo Funeral figures - Not really necessary, and I'm glad we have one prequel that doesn't have a Jar Jar figure. :)

Imperial Officer - Sounds like the character you're describing is actually Governor Tarkin, in which case he'll be showing up within a few weeks.

beckmen
05-24-2005, 12:23 AM
Actually, in addition to Tarkin there were Imperial Officers on the deck of the ship. The ship looked JUST like a Star Destroyer and so did the officers who were all over the place on it. From what I recall.

WesleySr
05-25-2005, 06:25 AM
Padme and Bail (Empire Declaration), Owen and Beru - Another h*ll yeah!!

Commander Cody - Definitely! If they made Commander Bacara, they need to make Cody. At least he had a role in the film. Give him a removable helmet too.

I would love to see these made. The Owen & Beru should be done in a cinema scene with infant Luke.

I will gladly take all of the clone variations and commander that Hasbro is willing to make.

Don't give them any ideas about the JarJar figure.

beckmen
05-25-2005, 04:45 PM
They could just re-pack the AOTC Jar-Jar. Simple.

Jedi Learner
05-25-2005, 08:42 PM
I think it's about time figures were made for young Owen and Beru. Hasbro inexplicably left them out of the line for AOTC. It would be great to have them released in a cinema scene, but it would be grossly inaccurate to include figs of BOTH babies with them (since everyone knows Luke was the only one left in their charge). If Hasbro releases them as individual figures, then I think it would be a good idea to include baby Luke as an accessory with Beru, and baby Leia with Bail's wife (if she is made as a figure). Still, I'm wondering just how detailed figures of the babies would be in the 3 3/4" scale, anyway. Just little pieces of swaddled plastic. :ermm: