PDA

View Full Version : Deleted Scene list?

evenflow
05-19-2005, 04:21 PM
I remember hearing about a list of all the delted scenes before the movie came out. I stayed away from it becuase of the fear for spoilers, but now i would like to check it out. Anyone still have it? I tried the search but came up empty.

jjreason
05-19-2005, 04:57 PM
I don't have the list, but am hopeful that along with it will come the news that a few of the scenes will be chosen for addition to the DVD version.

Veers
05-19-2005, 09:02 PM
They did cut alot of scenes. I did not see Mon Mothma at all in the movie.

mrhat
05-19-2005, 10:19 PM
Seeing the film, and then quickly reading the graphic novel, some scenes were cut/altered. From what I can recall, Mon Mothma's lines are completely cut, Padme' was thrown up against the wall in the comic, and choked in the movie. General Grevious does not wear his cloak when he dies (which makes the exploding toy even stranger) Luminara Unduli's death scene is cut out, A jedi resembling eeth koth is blown up on a tank in the comic, and no such scene was in the film. Ki Adi Mundi is adressed as "captian" by the clone before being shot, Aalya Secura has a line or 2, Yoda is shown on Dagobah in the end of the comic, and he is not in the film. And theres a scene where Obi-Wan actually takes th boga up to grevious, and Grevious says something to the effect of you are a fool. Hmmm let me think here, Count Dookus head is shown in a panel of the comic, after it is sliced off, not in the film either. Theres the things I noticed.

yoda83
05-19-2005, 10:39 PM
Also, the Qui Gon Jinn scene was missing, which really ticked me off since it would have helped a lot of people understand the whole spirit thing

ndjedi
05-19-2005, 11:22 PM
Also, the Qui Gon Jinn scene was missing, which really ticked me off since it would have helped a lot of people understand the whole spirit thing

I know what you mean! From what I recall, Liam Neeson told at an interview, along with Sam Jackson that he had indeed filmed one scene for ROTS. Why didn't Lucas include this in the movie? It would have made perfect sense to show at least Qui-Gon's voice talking to Yoda about how to achieve immortality. I hope this is going on the DVD as a deleted scene extra.

2-1B
05-19-2005, 11:41 PM
I thought I saw Mothma on the landing platform when the Jedi returned from The Invisible Hand ? (Grievous' ship)

tagmac
05-20-2005, 01:00 AM
A jedi resembling eeth koth is blown up on a tank in the comic, and no such scene was in the film.

That was actually Quinlan Vos, who was also mentioned in the movie. Would have liked to have actually seen him in there. Due to his continued story arc in the comics, it's possible that they might find a way to keep him alive.

Slicker
05-20-2005, 01:54 AM
I thought I saw Mothma on the landing platform when the Jedi returned from The Invisible Hand ? (Grievous' ship)I too recalled seeing someone wearing a head piece resembling the one on the Mon Mothma figure in that same scene.

2-1B
05-20-2005, 02:07 AM
In another thread somebody said that she was on Tantive 4 but I sincerely doubt it was her . . .

switching gears, I'm glad that chick with the huge cans didn't get deleted, you know the one walking up the Opera House steps as Anakins runs up to his appointment with Palps. :crazed:

evenflow
05-20-2005, 10:32 AM
I know what you mean! From what I recall, Liam Neeson told at an interview, along with Sam Jackson that he had indeed filmed one scene for ROTS. Why didn't Lucas include this in the movie? It would have made perfect sense to show at least Qui-Gon's voice talking to Yoda about how to achieve immortality. I hope this is going on the DVD as a deleted scene extra.

Thats the main thing that is bothering me as well. I was really hoping to see him. If he did indeed film the scene i hope it is included on the DVD. I wish I would have looked at that list.

good shot jansen
05-20-2005, 10:39 AM
Here is an official list of deleted scenes from the "Making Of Revenge of the Sith" book. All these scenes are now cut from the movie, and more may have been cut since:

6, 7, 8-14, 25, 30, 32, 37-41: FedCruiser scenes cut (Grievous killing Shaak Ti, the Jedi using their lightsabers to escape GG, underwater swim, climb through shaft, many of R2's hangar gags, many Palpatine cliffhangers)

48: Mace greets Palpatine and the Jedi right after the crash-landing

56: Yoda, Obi-Wan and Mace discuss the Dark Side in Yoda's quarters

60: Bail and fellow Senators speak about the Senate

68-69: Obi-Wan tells Padme of his worries about Anakin and that he knows they're in love

71: Meeting with Organa, Mon Mothma and Padme

73: Anakin informs Palpatine that Obi-Wan soon will have Grievous' head

74: Jar Jar greets Anakin at Senate

75: Anakin confronts Padme

76-77: Republic cruiser arrives at Utapau

83: Obi-Wan chooses his lizard, Boga

86: Mace talks to Yoda on Kashyyyk, telling him of his plans to arrest Palpatine

88-89: Padme presents to Palpatine the Senators' petition

93: Utapau windmill

121: "crazy" Yoda and Chewbacca ambush an AT-ST

176: Yoda lands on Dagobah

Scene 176 is the entire Dagobah scene, according to the screenplay. The reason GL gave in the book for Dagobah's cut is that there were too many endings to the movie. The focus needs to be on the main characters - Padme's funeral, Vader, Leia, and Obi-Wan and Luke.

i found this at the force.net

Sith Lord 0498
05-20-2005, 04:36 PM
This is just my two cents, but I really feel these scenes should've been left in the movie. Yes, the movie was already 2.5 hours long, and there wasn't much fluff like in TPM and AOTC. However, LOTR managed to run 3 hours each, so it's not too unreasonable.

FedCruiser scene - Grievous killing Shaak Ti: This would've reinforced the dark tone earlier and given Grievous more credibility as a Jedi killer as opposed to the cowardly yet pompous hunchback he is now.

Obi-Wan tells Padme of his worries about Anakin and that he knows they're in love: This would've reinforced how much his friendship and loyalty to Anakin meant because as a member of the Council, it seems Obi-Wan would've been required to report such a breach of the Jedi Code. Yet, he keeps the secret.

Meeting with Organa, Mon Mothma and Padme: This is important because it's really the initial conception of the Rebel Alliance, introduces Mon Mothma, and establishes Padme's doubt of the Republic's integrity and gives more weight to her conversation with Anakin.