PDA

View Full Version : N'sync got booed at AMA awards

JediTricks
01-10-2002, 10:09 AM
So the band of luckyboys (see Ep 2 for more details) won an award at the AMAs last night and when they were going up on stage to accept, apparently they were getting booed and jeered by the audience. One of the band members got upset and whined "oh quit booing, U2 is going to win the grammy anyway!". Hmm, maybe putting them in the next SW film just because they were celebrity fans wasn't such a hot idea McCallum. :crazed:

The irony of this is that the audience was actually saying "boo-urns". ;) :D

Starfig873
01-10-2002, 12:06 PM
"I was saying boo-urns...."

Oh well. I keep this in mind: three seconds or less of background time doesn't mean much to me. So NSYNC can frolic and swing all they like across the screen. :p

SirSteve
01-10-2002, 12:08 PM
It just shows you cannot mess with Star Wars. The fans can make or break you! ;)

Starfig873
01-10-2002, 12:19 PM
...or lynch you, tar and feather you...hmm. Yes Star Wars fans are a brutle bunch. :)

derek
01-10-2002, 12:30 PM
i'm not a fan of theirs, but i do watch the album charts, and n sync and the backstreetboys are on the downside of their careers. both bands cd sales are way down from their peaks, and most of their concerts don't sell out anymore. and teenage kids are the most fickle of all humans. if things continue as is, they may not even have a group(notice i didn't say band?) when the film is released.

jeddah
01-10-2002, 02:16 PM
I feel derek is right; these hi-pop-octane, low-originality bands have a finite shelf-life, luckily, some would say. :)

Ironic too, that in the UK, MOBO (Music Of Black Origin) lovers comme moi have a relatively recent addition to lingo, in that "BOO" is shouted to declare praise for an artist. The "boo" is not open tho', more of a quick "boo" than a "bOOOOO" (if you catch me) :confused:. It seems to have been popularised by the UK Garage scene and it was quite funny to see Destinys Child react to this in July 01 at Radio 1's "Jam in the Park" (and RnB/Rap/soul extravaganza hosted by Trevor Nelson), I felt sorry for them and their confusion (They are loved here!) especially after the shoddy treatment they got at the Lakers game.

jeddah

El Chuxter
01-10-2002, 03:07 PM
It takes a lot of guts to go onstage, knowing you're a talentless buffoon, and make a crack about someone who's infinitely more talented than you are. Or maybe it's just stupidity.

Hey, weren't these the doofuses who MTV felt obliged to sing the national anthem at last year's Super Bowl--as sort of a pathetic postscript to Ray Charles' stunning rendition? And who butchered Walk This Way with Britney Spears and a newly class-removed Aerosmith?

derek
01-10-2002, 05:09 PM
i like U2, but the praise their last album has been getting has baffled me. it's ok, but not their best stuff. i think their current popularity with award voters has more to do with bono's grand standing for debt relief for 3rd world nations than the fact that they have a great album.

getoninja
01-10-2002, 05:25 PM
nsync "boo ed' at the AMAs. Man I missed that....I just wish I was at the AMA. I would joined,,,,and busted that out...Man it would of felt good!!!!!!!! But I know the next day,,I would have a damn bad sore throat. But it would have been worth every second,,,,,,,, booing those those jerks!!!!!!! So nynsc (and boybands alike) this ones for you,,,,,
"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!"
and
"GO TO HELL"

don't mess with starwars fans (or boyband haters),,,
and "watch your back"...
we are everywhere, even in your dreams,,and worst nightmares!!!!!!:D

El Chuxter
01-10-2002, 05:43 PM
derek, I wasn't specifically talking about U2's newest effort--it's not bad, but it's no Achtung Baby or Joshua Tree by a loooooooooooooong shot. But to be at the top of charts and critics' lists pretty consistently for twenty years, I think, warrants them a standing enjoyed by a very small number of rock musicians.

N-Sync, however. . . . As Chris Rock said, we've seen this movie before! Or should I say, "Oh oh oh oh oh, oh oh-wee oh, oh oh oh oh oh, the right stuff"? :D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-10-2002, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by derek
i'm not a fan of theirs, but i do watch the album charts, and n sync and the backstreetboys are on the downside of their careers. both bands cd sales are way down from their peaks, and most of their concerts don't sell out anymore. and teenage kids are the most fickle of all humans. if things continue as is, they may not even have a group(notice i didn't say band?) when the film is released.

Their brief and pathetic wretching stint at fame is nearly coming to an end and I couldn't be more happier :happy: In case you missed the news blurb in the articles section, they have already been cut out of AOTC. I guess somebody realized that there presence in the film would cheapen and tarnish the movie. Nice move! :) And wasn't one of the Backstreet Boys arrested last week for mouthing off to a cop? Smart move. Let's face it, pretty soon these pimplefaces will be out of a job soon, with all of their millions blown on booze and drugs. We should be taking bets on which one of these boywonders is the first to hold up a video store while on a crack binge?

SithDroid
01-13-2002, 09:27 PM
If history serves me correct there used to be this boy band called, what was there name, oh yeah New Kids On The Block. These people used to be bigger than life. Now look at them. No one cares about them. No one recognizes them on the streets. That is what exactly is going to happen to these so called boy bands. The fans will get older, realize the music sucks, and lose interest. Enjoy the fame now because it won't be around for much longer.

Also, why does N'SYNC get all this hype. They aren't musicians. Musicians are people who write their own music and play their own instruments. N'SYNC has everything written for them and they certainly don't play anything. They Sing and Dance. They don't even choreograph their own dances. And half the time they aren't even singing. They are lipSYNChing. Perhaps that's how they got their name.